The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: On the roof and road again!


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certifiied Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1439
Date: Mar 20, 2012
RE: On the roof and road again!
Permalink  
 


Quinn,

Everything is done off of the pump. We just switch the yellow levers to transfer, mix or spray and the blue lever next to the pump draws the surfactant in the square bottles behind the pump.



Attachments
__________________

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Logo

517-798-5800

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Metro Detroit 

Get a FREE Roof Cleaning Estimate - See Our Picture Gallery Here

Roof Cleaning MI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Ugly Shingles wrote:

Quinn,

Everything is done off of the pump. We just switch the yellow levers to transfer, mix or spray and the blue lever next to the pump draws the surfactant in the square bottles behind the pump.


 Does pumping the surfactant create a lot of suds? Landis and I are splitting a drum of Roof Snot and we weren't sure if we could pump it or not.

 



__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Are you pumping your surfactant into your mix or are you pumping surfactant as you spray? I like your set up. I am changing my rig around as soon as I get my hot water unit. On my 2nd build, I want to get everything just right! As of now, I pour my surfactant from a 5 gal bucket and add it to the mix but, I like you set up better!

__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certifiied Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1439
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

In our box truck we use to pour 2 cups into our mix and stir it.

With the new set up we decided to use a plastic refrigerator hose with a valve to adjust a draw into the spray hose. It is working great and it seems like we are using less surfactant so far. The pictures below are with the new surfactant draw system.



Attachments
__________________

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Logo

517-798-5800

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Metro Detroit 

Get a FREE Roof Cleaning Estimate - See Our Picture Gallery Here

Roof Cleaning MI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 994
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Ugly Shingles wrote:

Quinn,

Everything is done off of the pump. We just switch the yellow levers to transfer, mix or spray and the blue lever next to the pump draws the surfactant in the square bottles behind the pump.


 How are you rinsing your pump? How are you pulling off of your tanks!



__________________

Brian C. Jackson

Jackson Contracting 

Pelham NH. 03076

Roof Cleaning Southern NH and Northern Mass

 

(603)401-8408

E-mail Briancjacksonllc2@gmail.com

Click Here to view our web-site

Click Here for an estimate



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Ugly Shingles wrote:

In our box truck we use to pour 2 cups into our mix and stir it.

With the new set up we decided to use a plastic refrigerator hose with a valve to adjust a draw into the spray hose. It is working great and it seems like we are using less surfactant so far. The pictures below are with the new surfactant draw system.


That's an awesome set up, I'm going to include that in my 2nd build. Thanks for the info and pics!

__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

What kind of valve are you using for the surfactant pump system?

__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certifiied Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1439
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Mr Maintenance wrote:

 How are you rinsing your pump? How are you pulling off of your tanks!


 Brian,

We do not rinse the pump. To remove the tanks we lift it with a hilo or by hand if they are empty.

To shoot chem we switch both yellow levers down and to transfer we put both yellow levers level out.



__________________

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Logo

517-798-5800

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Metro Detroit 

Get a FREE Roof Cleaning Estimate - See Our Picture Gallery Here

Roof Cleaning MI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 994
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Ugly Shingles wrote:
Mr Maintenance wrote:

 How are you rinsing your pump? How are you pulling off of your tanks!


 Brian,

We do not rinse the pump. To remove the tanks we lift it with a hilo or by hand if they are empty.

To shoot chem we switch both yellow levers down and to transfer we put both yellow levers level out.


 I didnt mean to lift tanks off the truck! I was asking how do you feed to and from your tanks ? Top fed!! Can you tell me what you used. Did you say you dont rinse pump? Do you rinse the hose reel??



-- Edited by Mr Maintenance on Tuesday 20th of March 2012 10:16:19 PM

__________________

Brian C. Jackson

Jackson Contracting 

Pelham NH. 03076

Roof Cleaning Southern NH and Northern Mass

 

(603)401-8408

E-mail Briancjacksonllc2@gmail.com

Click Here to view our web-site

Click Here for an estimate



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certifiied Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1439
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:

What kind of valve are you using for the surfactant pump system?


It is just a inline valve to regulate the draw.



Attachments
__________________

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Logo

517-798-5800

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Metro Detroit 

Get a FREE Roof Cleaning Estimate - See Our Picture Gallery Here

Roof Cleaning MI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certifiied Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1439
Date: Mar 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Mr Maintenance wrote:

 I didnt mean to lift tanks off the truck! I was asking how do you feed to and from your tanks ? Top fed!! Can you tell me what you used. Did you say you dont rinse pump? Do you rinse the hose reel??

 


 We do not rinse but we should. The tanks are top fed I can send you the parts list if you want.



Attachments
__________________

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Logo

517-798-5800

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Metro Detroit 

Get a FREE Roof Cleaning Estimate - See Our Picture Gallery Here

Roof Cleaning MI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 994
Date: Mar 21, 2012
Permalink  
 

Ugly Shingles wrote:
Mr Maintenance wrote:

 I didnt mean to lift tanks off the truck! I was asking how do you feed to and from your tanks ? Top fed!! Can you tell me what you used. Did you say you dont rinse pump? Do you rinse the hose reel??

 


 We do not rinse but we should. The tanks are top fed I can send you the parts list if you want.


 Yes that would be great, thanks



__________________

Brian C. Jackson

Jackson Contracting 

Pelham NH. 03076

Roof Cleaning Southern NH and Northern Mass

 

(603)401-8408

E-mail Briancjacksonllc2@gmail.com

Click Here to view our web-site

Click Here for an estimate



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date: Mar 21, 2012
Permalink  
 

Ugly i'd like to take a look at that parts list to if you wouldn't mined sending them my way! Nice Build!

Thanks,
Quinn

__________________

 Quinn Martell
 
 
 
Cell: 603-801-3705


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Mar 21, 2012
Permalink  
 

I would like to see it too, please.

-- Edited by Roof Cleaning By A&E on Wednesday 21st of March 2012 09:21:00 AM

__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard