The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Unofficial RCIA get together NOVA


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 335
Date:
RE: Unofficial RCIA get together NOVA
Permalink  
 


Lol. The big blue roof cleaning / power washing / soft washing truck in my signature.

__________________

Chris Gunther

Chesapeake Hydro-Wash LLC
8693 Tuckahoe Rd.
Denton, MD 21629

410-479-9744
Serving Maryland and Delaware
Roof Cleaning Maryland - Roof Cleaning Delaware
Roof Cleaning Delmarva

RoofCleaningAnnapolisMaryland-1.jpg


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chesapeake wrote:

I may be bringing the LCF. It looks like about 100 mile trip. Is there plenty of parking?




There will be ample parking available unless a major convention happens to be taking place. I'll call and check on that soon unless Brett / Blue Ridge Roof Cleaning calls them first about discount room rates and finds out then.  I'm really looking forward to this.

For any lurkers, new folks, or new-to-the-RCIA folks that are on the fence, c'mon and join us.  Let us know soon though, please?  So we can use any additional folks as leverage for better rates for those that will stay the night.

Great talking with you today Mike / GutterDog.

Agenda post / request coming soon.....   

 



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date:
Permalink  
 



Lets not quite call the list below a draft agenda just yet.  Let's call it a collection of potential agenda topics for now.   These have been suggested or recommended so far:

Beating the franchise
*pricing  (Brian's words of caution on this topic must be heeded)
*practices
-operations
-marketing
-H.R.
*tools & equipment
*????.....

Let's add the following unless anyone objects?

  • Welcome/Opening Remarks - Bill Booz, RCIA Board of Directors
  • Marketing tips and highlights/book discussion - Mike aka G-Dog
  • I've been asked to speak on managing by the numbers, Excel, PPT etc - Ted

A number of the topics above don't have speakers nor SMEs assigned to them yet.  If any of the above happens to be a strength of yours, please consider signing on and agree to present that material?  Additionally, if there are other agenda items that you would like to see added, please let me know via PM, especially if you can be the speaker. We'll try to minimize forum traffic on the agenda prep.  (Some topics above will likely get dropped due to lack of expert speakers and time constraints.)

  • Rolling Suds / Brian - If you're willing, we'd love to hear about how you've grown your company to what it is today, and any tips/tricks/suggestions/lessons learned etc that you're willing to share?
  • Chet - Perhaps Beating the Franchise has your name all over it, as well as any other area of expertise?
  • Bill - Maybe we could ask you to wing it, based on what ever the RCIA team assembled feels is an applicable topic, or two?  biggrin
  • And I'm sure there's a wealth of expertise from many other folks that will be attending.

Please keep in mind that this is a 'grass roots' round table / conference, and is not being hosted by the NCE or any other formal convention committee.  It'll be as good as we all want it to be.  Your input and contributions are appreciated.


__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Roof Cleaning Institute of America Premium Member/MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 744
Date:
Permalink  
 

Meeting & Lunch will start at 1:00 PM

We will start getting there at noon so that everyone can mingle and get to know each other. This will help with the limited time we have for the afternoon. Ted posted the agenda and some topics will take much longer than others, especially if we go outside to look at the rigs that will be taking up the parking lot.

Also, I will be calling the hotel on wednesday to let them know we are coming. At that time I will work on room rates if needed so if you are planning to stay over night, please post that ASAP. I have no clue what they will do but I will be asking for anything I can get.

As Ted stated, "any lurkers, new folks, or new-to-the-RCIA folks that are on the fence, c'mon and join us." The more the merrier!


-- Edited by Classicrider on Monday 29th of November 2010 10:00:07 PM

__________________

540-949-6277

Serving East & West of the Blue Ridge

West Virginia Counties
Pendleton, Pocahontas & Randolph


Roof Cleaning Virginia



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 177
Date:
Permalink  
 

i would of been there if it was mon, tues, wed, or thurs that week.  sorry i am missing it.  I am sure it will be a great gathering.



__________________

ShingleShiner
518-225-1622




Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:


Here's the latest for those planning on attending (If I've inadvertently left anyone off, please let me know):

Michael Hockman

Phil Rogers

Chris Gunther

Brett Thompson

Bill & Morgan Booz (2)

Mike Fulton & Ms   (2)

Chet Eby

Scott Whitmer

Ted Saunders

Ryann Freidline & The A Team  (how many Ryan?  approx. is fine)

Brian Wendling

 

This currently puts the attendance at 13 people PLUS Ryan's staff/team.

 

 TED, Dude....c'mon "Ryann"  I know we're direct competition but that's a name fit for a lady.  It's Ryan.  Man are you tryin to get in my head and mess with me ??disbelief

biggrinbiggrin  Just kidding!  as far as our staff that will be attending,   Probably just me, maybe one of my guys.  This is my back yard so I won't need a room.  Thanks 

 





 



__________________

Ryan Freidline
A Team Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia
888.867.7615

Roof Cleaning Piedmont Northern Virginia

Fauquier, Loudoun, Prince
William, Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax,
Chantilly, Annandale, Fredericksburg, Culpeper, Rappahannock, Woodbridge,



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 210
Date:
Permalink  
 

Brett I am pretty sure we will be staying the night.

__________________

MJFulton Services
Non pressure Roof & Exterior Cleaning
Charlottesville Virginia
434 906-0414





Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date:
Permalink  
 

B.A. wrote:

 

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:

 


Here's the latest for those planning on attending (If I've inadvertently left anyone off, please let me know):

Michael Hockman

Phil Rogers

Chris Gunther

Brett Thompson

Bill & Morgan Booz (2)

Mike Fulton & Ms   (2)

Chet Eby

Scott Whitmer

Ted Saunders

Ryann Freidline & The A Team  (how many Ryan?  approx. is fine)

Brian Wendling

 

This currently puts the attendance at 13 people PLUS Ryan's staff/team.

 

TED, Dude....c'mon "Ryann"  I know we're direct competition but that's a name fit for a lady.  It's Ryan.  Man are you tryin to get in my head and mess with me ??disbelief

biggrinbiggrin Just kidding!  as far as our staff that will be attending,   Probably just me, maybe one of my guys.  This is my back yard so I won't need a room.  Thanks

 





Sorry about that Reanna, but hey - at least I got your last name right with that whole i before e thing.    smile LMAO

I was so concerned about getting your last name right that I blew it Ryan - my bad bud.

Competition?  I reckon, although I like to think of us as "industry colleagues".  I think we'll do more good for each other than anything else.  I look forward to breaking bread with ya in Chantilly.

 

 




 



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Roof Cleaning Institute of America Premium Member/MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 744
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:

 

B.A. wrote:

 

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:

 


Here's the latest for those planning on attending (If I've inadvertently left anyone off, please let me know):

Michael Hockman

Phil Rogers

Chris Gunther

Brett Thompson

Bill & Morgan Booz (2)

Mike Fulton & Ms   (2)

Chet Eby

Scott Whitmer

Ted Saunders

Ryann Freidline & The A Team  (how many Ryan?  approx. is fine)

Brian Wendling

 

This currently puts the attendance at 13 people PLUS Ryan's staff/team.

 

TED, Dude....c'mon "Ryann"  I know we're direct competition but that's a name fit for a lady.  It's Ryan.  Man are you tryin to get in my head and mess with me ??disbelief

biggrinbiggrin Just kidding!  as far as our staff that will be attending,   Probably just me, maybe one of my guys.  This is my back yard so I won't need a room.  Thanks

 





Sorry about that Reanna, but hey - at least I got your last name right with that whole i before e thing.    smile LMAO

I was so concerned about getting your last name right that I blew it Ryan - my bad bud.

Competition?  I reckon, although I like to think of us as "industry colleagues".  I think we'll do more good for each other than anything else.  I look forward to breaking bread with ya in Chantilly.

 

 



Getting all warm and fuzzy in here. Now that's the Christmas spirit!

 

 




 



__________________

540-949-6277

Serving East & West of the Blue Ridge

West Virginia Counties
Pendleton, Pocahontas & Randolph


Roof Cleaning Virginia



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

Classicrider wrote:

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:

 

B.A. wrote:

 

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:

 


Here's the latest for those planning on attending (If I've inadvertently left anyone off, please let me know):

Michael Hockman

Phil Rogers

Chris Gunther

Brett Thompson

Bill & Morgan Booz (2)

Mike Fulton & Ms   (2)

Chet Eby

Scott Whitmer

Ted Saunders

Ryann Freidline & The A Team  (how many Ryan?  approx. is fine)

Brian Wendling

 

This currently puts the attendance at 13 people PLUS Ryan's staff/team.

 

TED, Dude....c'mon "Ryann"  I know we're direct competition but that's a name fit for a lady.  It's Ryan.  Man are you tryin to get in my head and mess with me ??disbelief

biggrinbiggrin Just kidding!  as far as our staff that will be attending,   Probably just me, maybe one of my guys.  This is my back yard so I won't need a room.  Thanks

 





Sorry about that Reanna, but hey - at least I got your last name right with that whole i before e thing.    smile LMAO

I was so concerned about getting your last name right that I blew it Ryan - my bad bud.

Competition?  I reckon, although I like to think of us as "industry colleagues".  I think we'll do more good for each other than anything else.  I look forward to breaking bread with ya in Chantilly.

 

 



Getting all warm and fuzzy in here. Now that's the Christmas spirit!

 

 



Everyone will walk away smarter!

 




 



__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

bump

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

Another topic will be discussed there, I just found out!!!

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

GOOD NEWS!!! I just got permission from Gary to announce this!!

If you arent already a premium member of the RCIA and attend the NOVA meeting, you can get $20 off the price to join!!

I got another RCIA florida shirt from Ron. Thanks Ron! Its the wrong size! So I'm going to give that to someone at the meeting! It's an XL!

Plus the free knowledge, hands on stuff! Networking!!!!

Contact Ted, and get on the list, and get there!!!

 Heres one pic I took in Tampa. The shirt is a leftover from that event!

Attachments
rcia tampa.bmp (51.2 kb)
__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2083
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cool deal guys. I can speak whenever you want me too just say the word. We probably will not be staying the night. I might bring my trailer.

__________________

Bill Booz

Accuwash LLC

Cell-240-425-2845

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date:
Permalink  
 

gutterdog wrote:

GOOD NEWS!!! I just got permission from Gary to announce this!!

If you arent already a premium member of the RCIA and attend the NOVA meeting, you can get $20 off the price to join!!

I got another RCIA florida shirt from Ron. Thanks Ron! Its the wrong size! So I'm going to give that to someone at the meeting! It's an XL!

Plus the free knowledge, hands on stuff! Networking!!!!

Contact Ted, and get on the list, and get there!!!

Heres one pic I took in Tampa. The shirt is a leftover from that event!



Darn G-Dog, you're given Ron Musgrave and the NCE a run for the money on event coordination and marketing!!  biggrin

Jimmy-Jam -  you're going to come up for this, right?  Chances are you'll learn a WHOLE lot in just a few hours AND get some more mentors lined up.  Which reminds me of something I need to post in the Premium section....

 



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:

gutterdog wrote:

GOOD NEWS!!! I just got permission from Gary to announce this!!

If you arent already a premium member of the RCIA and attend the NOVA meeting, you can get $20 off the price to join!!

I got another RCIA florida shirt from Ron. Thanks Ron! Its the wrong size! So I'm going to give that to someone at the meeting! It's an XL!

Plus the free knowledge, hands on stuff! Networking!!!!

Contact Ted, and get on the list, and get there!!!

Heres one pic I took in Tampa. The shirt is a leftover from that event!



Darn G-Dog, you're given Ron Musgrave and the NCE a run for the money on event coordination and marketing!!  biggrin

Jimmy-Jam -  you're going to come up for this, right?  Chances are you'll learn a WHOLE lot in just a few hours AND get some more mentors lined up.  Which reminds me of something I need to post in the Premium section....

 



Guess what! I just came back from one of my supply companies, I got 6 HUGE Calandars! I'm keeping one for myself!

 There atleast 2 feet wide! plenty of space for writing on it in each block. Giving away 5 of them at the meeting!

 



__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

Baltimore MD Roof Cleaning 410-482-4367 wrote:

Cool deal guys. I can speak whenever you want me too just say the word. We probably will not be staying the night. I might bring my trailer.




 The thoughts of leaving my trailer outside and unprotected.... If I bring the trailer, I cant spend the night, either.



__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

Bump

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yea I dont know its a little far for me to bring my trailer...

__________________
FullBlast


Chet Eby
Shippensburg PA 17257


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date:
Permalink  
 


They probably have security guards for those that are staying the night AND considering bringing their rigs.  I can call to confirm if anyone would like me to?  This place is in a very nice part of town, and close to a police station as well FWIW.

Brett / Blue Ridge Roof Cleaning confirmed/negotiated $99 room rates for the night which is unheard of for the area in general, but especially a hotel of this caliber.   That's a heck of a deal..

Here's the most recent list of attendees.  Sadly Phil has had to cancel.

Michael Hockman

Chris Gunther

Brett Thompson

Bill & Morgan Booz (2)

Mike Fulton & Ms   (2)

Chet Eby

Scott Whitmer

Ted Saunders

Ryan Freidline &  A Team member (2)

Brian Wendling



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 610  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard