The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Looks Like The Best Web Site Deal - To Me !


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 1, 2010
Looks Like The Best Web Site Deal - To Me !
Permalink  
 


I have been scared to mess with my  antique website, since it ranks so highly.

But now other, more impressive websites are in the search results, right close to mine.
These fancy web sites make people think THEY are the "experts".
I can sit by idly no longer, so I have looked at every conceivable web site scheme imaginable in the past month.
THIS Small Business Websites seems like the very best deal going, to me.
This is a Wordpress System, tweaked to the nth degree by Don Campbell.
Don lives right in Silicon Valley, close to Google, so he KNOWS what they want!
For about 150.00, you get his Wordpress System AND video support, as well as a Blog to help you.
Don is a a real live computer guru, who worked for Microsoft!

Guys,  sure you can have a fancy custom web site made, or one of the "cookie cutter" template driven web sites so common in our industry.
But most can't hope to compete, as far as SEO goes, with a full blown, SEO Optimized Wordpress System.
IMHO, Pretty is, as pretty does, so if a pretty web site is sucking hind tit in searches, it is useless as ballz on a Priest.

There are so many advantages to Don's system I dont know where to start.
How about automatically generating a Google Map for every Post for starters, or your company name and address on every page, automatically!

Imagine how "Google Local Friendly" you are gonna be ?

Many web site guys are brilliant, Graphically, but dont know Chit about SEO.

Don does, and is a master of Both!

There is so much to tell you about the exciting, low cost product Don offers, but go read for yourself.

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa has decided this is the path we wish to take, and not look back.

I intend to build me one of these,  and when it is done, have it hosted where Don Suggests, for ease of updating it.

I think Don said Web Hosting for his system is only like 7 dollars a Month!

Hey guys, these Small Business Web Sites  are even "Facebook Ready" LOL

Don personally answered his phone today, and it took me all of 10 minutes to realize the Man knows his stuff  inside out.
After all, he wrote Code for Microsoft in Seattle!

Yet he is a kind, patient teacher, who does not talk technospeak to those of us that are not full time Geeks.

He has done the behind the scenes Geek and SEO work for us, all you gotta do is basically watch the videos, and fill in the blanks.

I am excited!






__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Mar 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

I am going to check this out!


__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

gutterdog wrote:

I am going to check this out!




I like the ability to automatically generate a Google Map at will.
And the facebook widgets!
Look at some of the web site samples on the page, some even have flashing pictures that rotate!

It is my opinion you need to "knock the chit"  out of your web traffic ASAP.
You MUST capture their attention quickly, and how better for a roof cleaning web site to do that then flash quickly changing before and after roof cleaning pics in their face ?

To me, Word Press is like the "small block Chevrolet" of web pages.
Literally thousands of web developers are working on updates for it, some are pretty complicated too.
But Don makes it simple and affordable for us.

If you look at the REALLY crowded searches, Word Press Modified pages are kicking butt.
Realtors and  Lawyers are using it, even Locksmiths in New York.
The weak web sites are killed and eaten in these crowded searches.

I want you guys to have work, and to get it, you will need to have a search engine powerful web site, that will not be soon obsolete.

I believe the SEO Optimized Word Press Platform is our best bet.

Yes, there is Joomla and Drupal, but they have yet to demonstrate the longevity of Word Press, and less stuff is available for them.




__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Date: Mar 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

That is very interesting Chris. 150 bucks aint nothing compared to the money we can bring in cleaning roofs.

Even with my new site it may be something im interested in. Even with the hosting it could be cheaper than an extra two pages..... I do own arkansasroofcleaning.com.

Just a thought.

For everyone without a site it will be the best money youve ever spent!

__________________

                                     



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Arkansas wrote:

That is very interesting Chris. 150 bucks aint nothing compared to the money we can bring in cleaning roofs.

Even with my new site it may be something im interested in. Even with the hosting it could be cheaper than an extra two pages..... I do own arkansasroofcleaning.com.

Just a thought.

For everyone without a site it will be the best money youve ever spent!




YOUR site is about the best looking one I have seen in a long time.
My friend had a great looking site, but every time he went to add a page, etc, etc, he was "on the clock" and got re charged again.
You can use wordpress any way you want, as a static web page, or as a Blog ?
You COULD add it TO your site as a pure blog only, and use it as a photo gallery/blog ?
Don is a very nice person, and for a real Web Guru and SEO expert,  is easy to talk with, unlike the snotty, condescending attitudes some Web Guru's have.

The hosting Don told me about only costs 7 bucks a month, and I dont see WHY you can't move your whole web site there, since you own the Domain.

Then, you can host the blog and ALL on the same server, for probably less then you pay for web site alone now.

All you need is another page button to recognize the NEW Blog page.
You then use the blog to target every conceivable key word string in every county in Central Arkansas.
Don is an expert in SEO, but is not a "black hat SEO" guy, LOL 
Yes, those guys do cheat Google, and some get away with it, for  awhile.
But once you  screw Google, they never forget.

It is best, in long run, to do it right.

DO you have access to your web site, to change it ?



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date: Mar 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

The strength in wordpress is the fact that its constantly updated, a wordpress site thats not FREQUENTLY updated is just as good as any other website that sits stagnate.



__________________
ARC-Logo.pngPaul
Albany Roof Cleaning
Albany, NY
518-768-1112
Http://AlbanyRoofCleaning.com (Work In Progress)


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Date: Mar 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

Chris

As far as hosting and what not goes Im in complete control of that end. Just not actual editing of the new pages....

For now Im going to run with what Ive got BUT when I get the time ill continue to improve upon it.

Ive got estimates running out my ears LOL

For pressure washing. Going to look at a few BIG roofs tommorrow.

__________________

                                     



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Also that is a get rich qucik scheme he is kind of selling,

word press is easily updated no matter where its hosted that's why people use it.

All hes selling is wordpress which is free, and a custom theme,

Wordpress has free SEO plugins.

Seems like a waste of dollars to me.



__________________
ARC-Logo.pngPaul
Albany Roof Cleaning
Albany, NY
518-768-1112
Http://AlbanyRoofCleaning.com (Work In Progress)


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Arkansas wrote:

Chris

As far as hosting and what not goes Im in complete control of that end. Just not actual editing of the new pages....

For now Im going to run with what Ive got BUT when I get the time ill continue to improve upon it.

Ive got estimates running out my ears LOL

For pressure washing. Going to look at a few BIG roofs tommorrow.




I plan on buying one tomorrow, and I will show it off when it is ready roof cleaning

God, I can only Imagine WTF will happen when Google sees my domain  www.saferoofcleaning.com  get a REAL site!

My current site is terrible, SEO wise.
Not even a real site map, no Google verification (can't do it on it), questionable code, etc, etc.
I rank so high because I busted my AZZ for years, making it so.

I am also gonna expore the possibility of a State By State Certified Roof Cleaners Directory for you guys powered by my website if they can help me, and it wont screw ME up for Local SEO ?

IF I can get a directory for you guys working, it should enjoy the high rankings associated with my website ?

I was told by a SEO guy that my site is considered an "Authority Site", whatever that means ?

I just know it ranks high, and things like this forum that are linked to it also rank well, as long as they are relevant.

I am more excited to have a modern platform that will  flash roof cleaning pics at potential customers as soon as page loads.

Speaking of THAT, I plan to ask Don and Randy about compression for my roof cleaning pictures ?

My current web page load time aint real good, because I must link out to picture host sites to even GET pics on my page!

This is not good, too many OUTBOUND links spill link juice, and can hurt you.
You want your page to load quickly, or your potential customers are off to one that will load quickly.

I am excited!





 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

purecon wrote:

Also that is a get rich qucik scheme he is kind of selling,

word press is easily updated no matter where its hosted that's why people use it.

All hes selling is wordpress which is free, and a custom theme,

Wordpress has free SEO plugins.

Seems like a waste of dollars to me.




Might want to watch this video ?



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

I can't imagine a web site designed and customized by a SEO guy doing poorly in local searches ?

Our Service

Expand2WebSEO is the thought leader in Local Search Engine Optimization for Chiropractor and Optometry practices.  Search engines are the #1 resource people use to find local services and products.    Ranking at the top of a Google search result has proven to be one of the most effective channels to acquire new patients.  Our service will help optimize your web presence, build trust and relevancy with Google so your listing will naturally rank at the top of the first page.

Local & Organic Search Results vs Paid Results (sponsored links)

Local vs Paid Results

Studies show 70% of all clicks
happen on the first page in the Local & Natural section of the search results.

Local & natural search results are considered the most “trusted and relevant” resources by searchers because they are not sponsored or paid for they are free.  Local & natural results are “organic” and appear in the center of the search engine page.   70% of all clicks from web users click on these local and organic results.

Paid for links or sponsored links can generally be found on the right hand side of the search engine results page.   Every time an end user clicks on your sponsored link you get charged a fee.  This is commonly known as a Pay Per Click Campaign.  This can be an effective add-on to your overall marketing strategy, but studies have shown the effectiveness or “click through rates” of these links is far less than the local or natural search results.

Local Search Results for Sunnyvale Chiropractor

Your listing at the top of the
Local and Natural section will optimize your exposure and bring you new patients.

The optimal place to have your listing is at the top of the local search results (commonly known as the 7 pack) as well as the at the top of the organic search results on the front page.  In this scenario a searcher will see your listing twice on the first page of their search results page giving you a much higher probability your potential customer is going to visit your website and call you.

Our Methodology – Circle of Trust

Search engines rank keyword results based on complex algorithms to give searchers the most mathematically relevant results.  This is the science behind search engine rankings and search engine optimization.  Google wants to provide their searchers with the most “trusted and relevant” resources on the web.    Therefore we need to consistently show Google how we are answering these 2 questions:  “Can I trust you and are you relevant”.

The Expand2Web Circle of Trust Methodology

Rankings are based on the
relationship you build with Google to demonstrate “Trust and Relevancy”.

 

 

What is your strategy to
build Trust & Relevancy with Google?

1. The process starts with a Keyword Analysis. Many people think to have an effective website you need to “write good content and they will come”, which unfortunately is NOT a good strategy.   A better strategy is “write the RIGHT good content and they will come”.    You can have a very compelling website and great content, but unfortunately if no one is searching for the keywords you are writing about no one is going to find you.

2.  Once you identify your keywords you need to Optimize your website. It’s important to have the keywords embedded in the great content that you have created and the page is optimized to make it easy for Google to read and understand what this page is about.    If Google doesn’t understand what keywords your page is optimized for how is it going to know your content is relevant for that keyword?

3.  Unique Content. Google is looking for great resources that are relevant for their searchers.   If you have a lot of articles on eye care or chiropractic care on your website that are being used by hundreds of other similar websites, what is that telling Google about your website being a valuable resource?   If a searcher types in a certain keyword do you think Google wants to have 20 different sites come up with the exact same article or 20 different sites that have 20 different articles that are relevant and rich in content?  To be relevant you also need to be unique.

4.  Back links. How many websites are linking to your site?  Google takes a look at the number of back links you have and considers each back link like a vote.   The more votes you have (and quality of vote) tells Google your site is relevant and trustworthy.

In essence we are helping to train Google that your site is trustworthy and relevant.   As you can see this is a process that takes time and doesn’t happen over nite.   We have seen results in as little as 2-3 months, but depending on your market you may not see results for many more months.   Once you have your website optimized and ranking and continue to follow the circle of trust process by adding unique content and back links it will be very hard for another business to surpass you.

Expand2SEO Guarantee

Our expertise in LocalSEO and focus on Optometry and Chiropractor practices gives us a cumulative advantage we can pass on to all of our customers.    We guarantee that if you become a client of ours we will not accept another client in your zip code while you are a customer.   The maximum number of clients we will accept in one city is 3 and that is only if the city is deemed “large enough” to be fair to our customers.

Although no one can guarantee search ranking results we will guarantee our work.   Click  here for our Expand2SEO Results Guarantee.

If you feel securing the best position on Google is important for your business please contact us for a free consultation @ 800-946-3041 or info@expand2webseo.com .



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Search Engine And Web Site Expert

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Hi, I'm Randy Hew, I'm Don's business partner at Expand2web.

Thanks Chris for posting our theme and service here we really appreciate it.

Just as a response to some of the questions posted above, Wordpress is very "hot" in the web world, there are many reasons why it's so "hot" , but 1 of the main reasons from a SEO perspective Wordpress is very SEO friendly. It doesn't mean just b/c you use Wordpress you're going to rank high, but considering all the main factors from clean code, to easily updating new and fresh content and all the plugins like XML site map, google analytics, all in one seo make it very easy for the search engines to read and understand what your site is about. Recently we had a client who had a template driven website for 6 years and never ranked on the first page of google for his city and service. Within a month of moving him to a wordpress site , optimizing it with the proper title tags, description, H1, anchor text, etc... got some add'l links ... and his site is now ranking on the first page. My observation is since he's owned his domain name for so long that helped quite a bit in getting results fast. I would never suggest though that you would get results this fast... but I do think this helps highlight how SEO friendly wordpress is.

Yes, wordpress is free. If you are just looking for a blog and see a free theme that you like than you are good to go. All you need is a hosting service like bluehost to install wordpress and the theme. Choosing a theme is primarily based on design and how easy it is to customize generally through an options panel. We ended up creating our own theme for small businesses b/c a lot of our customers needed a website that looked like a business website and not a blog. The smallbiz theme we offer has a nice look and feel that most of our smallbiz owners liked to showcase their services and we've also coded in some best practices for local search like h2 microformats.

If you'd like some free tips on how to optimize your site for local seo you can download our free e-book on our blog http://www.expand2web.com/blog/ . This has some great tips you can implement right away.

In regards to using wordpress just for a blog or to replace your current website... the answer is you can do either. If you already have a nice website that is ranking in Google you might want to compliment it with a blog, wordpress is great. In fact for one of our chiropractor customers , they already had a website for their business, so we created a blog to compliment it and try to target it to rank for other keywords which has helped increase the total traffic to their sites. New and fresh content is one of the keys to SEO. A blog makes that simple and easy. If you don't use wordpress make sure the system you are using allows you to edit the title tags and meta description as well as create H1 headers. Generally the free blogs like blogspot won't allow you to do that.

If you are paying a lot for your website and want to build your own website Wordpress is a great platform to standardize on. As Chris mentioned there are 1000's of developers that develop for wordpress creating free plugins that extend the functionality ... similar to the Apple iPhone... whatever you want to do there's probably a "plug-in" for that. The only problem with setting up a website on wordpress is that it takes time and effort to set up. We have a lot of free videos on our site to help you get started.

IF YOU DECIDE TO CREATE A NEW WEBSITE for your business and will be taking down your old one, make sure you 301 redirect the links that have a page ranking to your new site. We've had clients go from an old html based web site to a fancy flash based website and ended up losing a lot of their "ranking power" b/c they did not properly do a 301 redirect... and flash is another whole story. bottom line is flash is very pretty and cool, but from a SEO perspective not friendly.

Chris also mentioned a photo gallery and making sure that the files are fairly small so the page loads faster. That's a great point. Take a look at the file size of your original picture. If it is too big you'll want to adjust the size of the picture and make it smaller. You can do this on almost any photo album software. There are also online image editing tools that are free like flickr and aviary. I haven't used the aviary tools, but they look very cool. http://aviary.com/

If you have any questions on Wordpress, Local SEO or our theme feel free to send me an email and I'll respond by posting back on this forum. You can reach me at randy@expand2web.com.

Thanks again Chris for inviting us to your forum. We look forward to helping you get set up!


__________________

Randy Hew
randy@expand2web.com
Expand2Web
San Jose California
SEO Optimized Small Business Web Sites



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Randy He wrote:

Hi, I'm Randy Hew, I'm Don's business partner at Expand2web.

Thanks Chris for posting our theme and service here we really appreciate it.

Just as a response to some of the questions posted above, Wordpress is very "hot" in the web world, there are many reasons why it's so "hot" , but 1 of the main reasons from a SEO perspective Wordpress is very SEO friendly. It doesn't mean just b/c you use Wordpress you're going to rank high, but considering all the main factors from clean code, to easily updating new and fresh content and all the plugins like XML site map, google analytics, all in one seo make it very easy for the search engines to read and understand what your site is about. Recently we had a client who had a template driven website for 6 years and never ranked on the first page of google for his city and service. Within a month of moving him to a wordpress site , optimizing it with the proper title tags, description, H1, anchor text, etc... got some add'l links ... and his site is now ranking on the first page. My observation is since he's owned his domain name for so long that helped quite a bit in getting results fast. I would never suggest though that you would get results this fast... but I do think this helps highlight how SEO friendly wordpress is.

Yes, wordpress is free. If you are just looking for a blog and see a free theme that you like than you are good to go. All you need is a hosting service like bluehost to install wordpress and the theme. Choosing a theme is primarily based on design and how easy it is to customize generally through an options panel. We ended up creating our own theme for small businesses b/c a lot of our customers needed a website that looked like a business website and not a blog. The small biz theme we offer has a nice look and feel that most of our small biz owners liked to showcase their services and we've also coded in some best practices for local search like h2 microformats.

If you'd like some free tips on how to optimize your site for local seo you can download our free e-book on our blog http://www.expand2web.com/blog/ . This has some great tips you can implement right away.

In regards to using wordpress just for a blog or to replace your current website... the answer is you can do either. If you already have a nice website that is ranking in Google you might want to compliment it with a blog, wordpress is great. In fact for one of our chiropractor customers , they already had a website for their business, so we created a blog to compliment it and try to target it to rank for other keywords which has helped increase the total traffic to their sites. New and fresh content is one of the keys to SEO. A blog makes that simple and easy. If you don't use wordpress make sure the system you are using allows you to edit the title tags and meta description as well as create H1 headers. Generally the free blogs like blogspot won't allow you to do that.

If you are paying a lot for your website and want to build your own website Wordpress is a great platform to standardize on. As Chris mentioned there are 1000's of developers that develop for wordpress creating free plugins that extend the functionality ... similar to the Apple iPhone... whatever you want to do there's probably a "plug-in" for that. The only problem with setting up a website on wordpress is that it takes time and effort to set up. We have a lot of free videos on our site to help you get started.

IF YOU DECIDE TO CREATE A NEW WEBSITE for your business and will be taking down your old one, make sure you 301 redirect the links that have a page ranking to your new site. We've had clients go from an old html based web site to a fancy flash based website and ended up losing a lot of their "ranking power" b/c they did not properly do a 301 redirect... and flash is another whole story. bottom line is flash is very pretty and cool, but from a SEO perspective not friendly.

Chris also mentioned a photo gallery and making sure that the files are fairly small so the page loads faster. That's a great point. Take a look at the file size of your original picture. If it is too big you'll want to adjust the size of the picture and make it smaller. You can do this on almost any photo album software. There are also online image editing tools that are free like flickr and aviary. I haven't used the aviary tools, but they look very cool. http://aviary.com/

If you have any questions on Wordpress, Local SEO or our theme feel free to send me an email and I'll respond by posting back on this forum. You can reach me at randy@expand2web.com.

Thanks again Chris for inviting us to your forum. We look forward to helping you get set up!




Thank You Randy, for posting on our Forum.
I gave you the title of SEO and Small Business Web Site Expert, since Don and you are far too modest to blow your own horn.
I also made the link to you guys active in your signature that I made for you, as well as your email address clickable.
The 9 stars under your user name is the highest honor possible on the RCIA Forum, reserved only for our roof cleaning instructors, or other experts in their field.

Please feel free to update us on the latest SEO techniques ?
WE work hard here at RCIA to give our roof cleaning trainees the very best skills we can.
But w/o a web presence, they will not make it in the marketplace!
We want our guys to succeed Randy, and they need good, current SEO advice I am unable to give them.

I have looked long and hard for guys like Don and You to be the SEO and Website voice of the RCIA.

I have flat turned down a few Black Hat SEO crooks that wanted to fleece our Certified Roof Cleaners by posing here as "SEO Experts".
Black Hat SEO will cause real problems IMHO for our Roof Cleaners in the long run.

WE look forward to your Posts here, especially when it comes to Facebook, and social marketing!

Our guys have been going NUTS lately, becoming Fans of each other Facebook Pages.
Some of us are "confused" about if it is better to set up a separate business page, or what ?
What about Twitter, and it's purpose in the "SEO Scheme" of things ?

What about Zip Code Search, and mobile search.

What should our Certified Roof Cleaners be doing to prepare for what is coming ?

Any Tips for our guys Randy ?








 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2083
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

I love your comment "worthless as balls on a priest" lol. I will be calling Don when I get home

__________________

Bill Booz

Accuwash LLC

Cell-240-425-2845

 



Search Engine And Web Site Expert

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Wow, you guys really are active on this forum! I like that "worthless as balls on a priest"...LOL.

Zip code search and mobile search... definitely mobile search is the wave of the future. Both are based on local SEO which is tied to the map listings in Google, Yahoo & Bing. If you rank high on the maps listings you'll rank high in mobile search.

2 items that are extremely important for local seo is directory listings and on-line reviews. In the free e-book it walks through how to "claim" your business listing on Google local, Yahoo local, Bing local, Yelp and BOTW (best of the web). One of the most important things you can do is "claim and verify" your business listing.

Once you have your listing verified it's important to ask your customers to write you an on-line review. It takes time and not everyone does it, but after several months you want to have as many reviews as possible. My wife is an optometrist in san jose, she has 47 reviews on Google Local now, our goal is to get 100. I'm sure you've all heard the uplift in new customers some businesses have gotten just from a few good Yelp reviews. Yelp is not that business friendly so if we can get a Yelp review that's great, but we focus on Google and Yahoo local.

We're going to be setting up a whole website just on "reputation management". I'll post it when we're done. Should have it ready in the next week or 2.

I'll also post a video on how your website, blog, SEO, on-line reviews, email marketing, twitter, facebook, youtube, etc... how it all works together. It is confusing and we're actually just wrapping our heads around it on what does it mean for a small business and how can we leverage it.

Your directory idea is also a great idea. There are many directories out there. If you can leverage the page ranking you already have and continue to build it, it will only help provide "link juice" to your members that have their business listing on it. Just make sure your directory is "searchable" and each listing has a unique url. If google can't index your directory than it's worthless from a SEO perspective.

That guy you mentioned is correct, having "links" from an authoritative site which is also in the same "vertical" as your business is extremely powerful. Links are like votes, the more votes you have the better... but like the presidential election, getting 1 vote from NY or CA is much more powerful than getting 10+ votes from small states that really don't have much "juice". You get the idea.





__________________

Randy Hew
randy@expand2web.com
Expand2Web
San Jose California
SEO Optimized Small Business Web Sites



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Randy He wrote:

Wow, you guys really are active on this forum! I like that "worthless as balls on a priest"...LOL.

Zip code search and mobile search... definitely mobile search is the wave of the future. Both are based on local SEO which is tied to the map listings in Google, Yahoo & Bing. If you rank high on the maps listings you'll rank high in mobile search.

2 items that are extremely important for local seo is directory listings and on-line reviews. In the free e-book it walks through how to "claim" your business listing on Google local, Yahoo local, Bing local, Yelp and BOTW (best of the web). One of the most important things you can do is "claim and verify" your business listing.

Once you have your listing verified it's important to ask your customers to write you an on-line review. It takes time and not everyone does it, but after several months you want to have as many reviews as possible. My wife is an optometrist in san jose, she has 47 reviews on Google Local now, our goal is to get 100. I'm sure you've all heard the uplift in new customers some businesses have gotten just from a few good Yelp reviews. Yelp is not that business friendly so if we can get a Yelp review that's great, but we focus on Google and Yahoo local.

We're going to be setting up a whole website just on "reputation management". I'll post it when we're done. Should have it ready in the next week or 2.

I'll also post a video on how your website, blog, SEO, on-line reviews, email marketing, twitter, facebook, youtube, etc... how it all works together. It is confusing and we're actually just wrapping our heads around it on what does it mean for a small business and how can we leverage it.

Your directory idea is also a great idea. There are many directories out there. If you can leverage the page ranking you already have and continue to build it, it will only help provide "link juice" to your members that have their business listing on it. Just make sure your directory is "searchable" and each listing has a unique url. If google can't index your directory than it's worthless from a SEO perspective.

That guy you mentioned is correct, having "links" from an authoritative site which is also in the same "vertical" as your business is extremely powerful. Links are like votes, the more votes you have the better... but like the presidential election, getting 1 vote from NY or CA is much more powerful than getting 10+ votes from small states that really don't have much "juice". You get the idea.




Yes, I would like to have a directory "powered by www.saferoofcleaning.com " for our Certified Roof Cleaners Randy.
Not a commercial venture or anything like that, just something additional to help our guys.
My URL is an old one, and once sat on top of national ranking on Google for search "roof cleaning".
It still is first page in many areas, and I thought a maybe a directory hung off it might kick butt for our roof cleaners ?
Do you by chance know of any reasonably priced directory software that is SEO and Wordpress Friendly ?
Don suggested I use Blue Host to host my new Expand2Web website, so whatever directory I would use must be hosted by them.

Yes, this is a lively place, getting more then 250 users a day lately.
Many never post, they just read the forum.
Once, we closed the forum to search engines, and our rankings dropped like a rocket, so we opened back up.
We currently have 2 password protected closed forums, but Google has been understanding of our desire to keep a few things private.

By all means, post anything that will be of help to our roof cleaners.

We have our forum logo's the guys want to place on their business web pages Randy.
That would give the forum many valuable, relevant links, as well as build credibility on our guys business web sites.
I don't know HOW to send them the forum art work Randy with a built in link BACK here attached to it.
We have over 1000 members, and I could easily send them the Forum Logo with link code built into it, IF I only knew HOW.

With 1000 relevant backlinks, we can be "invincible", and I will spread them out, over time, to appear natural to Google, LOL
I watched a poor roof cleaner I spent many months training "get greedy", and let some Hindu directory submissions outfit off of Ebay submit him to 5000.00 offshore bogus directories!
He found himself 25 pages back in the Google Search Results!

I just got back from buying groceries, and was out of Coffee

Speaking of which, what is  this "Google Caffeine" people are talking about ?
Do  we, as small business owners, need concern ourselves about it, whatever it is ?










__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 4, 2010
Google Starred Search Results ???
Permalink  
 


Help Randy or Don yawn
I just did my customary Google Search, and got Starred Results appearing in the Google Local and  natural organic listings!
I was doing well in the Google Starred Results, so not too "worried", but my question is this.'
In a Google Starred Results Search, am I the only one seeing my starred results, or is everyone ?
Is Google probing My search history, and returning starred results customized for me, or what ?



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Vendor--SEO And Small Business Web Site Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Date: Mar 4, 2010
RE: Looks Like The Best Web Site Deal - To Me !
Permalink  
 


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Help Randy or Don yawn
I just did my customary Google Search, and got Starred Results appearing in the Google Local and  natural organic listings!
I was doing well in the Google Starred Results, so not too "worried", but my question is this.'
In a Google Starred Results Search, am I the only one seeing my starred results, or is everyone ?
Is Google probing My search history, and returning starred results customized for me, or what ?




Hi Chris,

Love your forum! Starred search results are replacing something Google was experimenting with called "SearchWiki." They are trying to personalize search results for you, based on your past behavior. SearchWiki actually changed the order of some of the results and people didn't like that. So now they are doing away with that and using "Star" results instead.

"Star" results are just a way for you to "bookmark" a site that you like, so that it will show up again later in similar search results. If you click the star marker on any search result or map,  the next time you perform a search, that item will appear in a special list right at the top of your results when relevant. Think of it as marking a website for future reference.

This doesn't affect the results other people see.

-Don



__________________

Don Campbell
((( Expand2Web )))
San Jose, California
Small Business Seo Blog
10 Steps To Free Website Traffic
free-website-traffic-150w.jpg



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Mar 4, 2010
Permalink  
 

don campbell wrote:

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Help Randy or Don yawn
I just did my customary Google Search, and got Starred Results appearing in the Google Local and  natural organic listings!
I was doing well in the Google Starred Results, so not too "worried", but my question is this.'
In a Google Starred Results Search, am I the only one seeing my starred results, or is everyone ?
Is Google probing My search history, and returning starred results customized for me, or what ?




Hi Chris,

Love your forum! Starred search results are replacing something Google was experimenting with called "SearchWiki." They are trying to personalize search results for you, based on your past behavior. SearchWiki actually changed the order of some of the results and people didn't like that. So now they are doing away with that and using "Star" results instead.

"Star" results are just a way for you to "bookmark" a site that you like, so that it will show up again later in similar search results. If you click the star marker on any search result or map,  the next time you perform a search, that item will appear in a special list right at the top of your results when relevant. Think of it as marking a website for future reference.

This doesn't affect the results other people see.

-Don




Thanks Don!
We have decided to make a separate sub forum JUST for roof cleaning web sites and SEO, instead of just grouping it all together under roof cleaning marketing.
We can and have taught hundreds of roof cleaners, only to see them doom themselves to failure by underestimating the importance of a properly coded web site, and the optimization of it.
The ones that survive and thrive are the ones that can be found easily on the Internet, the rest soon Die from lack of work.
I spoke one of our roof cleaners today Don.
He got a taste of what it means to be in the "7 Pack" for a week.
He got a few jobs from it.
Now, he has dropped out of the 7 Pack, and is feeling the loss of income.
I gave him a quick lesson in "SEO 101". and he made several easily correctable rookie mistakes in  judgement we cheerfully fixed together.
He has an adorable little boy, but Wives can become quite upset when you run out of Money.
"WTF do you mean we have no money to buy food and pay bills" are not the words any Father wants to hear ?

Hopefully, with a web site that can be easily found in a local roof cleaning search, our guys will never have to hear those words, or the words of her family and friends advising him to "Leave That Loser' no


 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date: Mar 5, 2010
Permalink  
 

I am looking forward to making a brand new website. www.roofcleaningpro.com

I have owned the url since January 2007 and have just been forwarding it to my original website address www.pressurewashingpro.com Triad Hosting built it and is hosting my original site.

I have control of my new website roofcleaningpro.com, but don't know anything about how to make a new website. I'm using godaddy.com with this new website.

I'll look forward to Don and Randy's help in making it right.

Thanks Chris for inviting them to the board.

__________________
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard