The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Spot The Mistakes In This Roof Cleaning Truck ?


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Feb 2, 2010
Spot The Mistakes In This Roof Cleaning Truck ?
Permalink  
 


Ok guys, here is one of my older roof cleaning trucks, long since retired, and currently at rest in a scrap yard.
Her 460 V8 gave life to someone elses truck, and her 5 speed trannie and rear end wound up in an off road mud truck.
CAN you spot the mistakes made in the roof cleaning equipment ?


-- Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 on Tuesday 2nd of February 2010 10:07:00 PM

Attachments
__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaner

Status: Offline
Posts: 590
Date: Feb 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

I do I do.....

I'll wait to see if someone else sees it.

Chris and others go over this time after time and tell you what will happen.


__________________


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

I see one and its not the Texas shorthorn hat

__________________

                                     



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 36
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

The bed is not protected, the bulkhead and hose reel leak??

__________________



  

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 294
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

Here I go!!

1.-You pulling from the bottom.

2.-feeding line is too small- looks like ½ or 5/8

3.-line you used to spray is too small too-small lines restrict flow and pressure

4.- the guy is not wearing socks!!



__________________

856-204-6919



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 387
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

The most obvious is that you are pulling from the bottom of your love tank.

I also don't see any filter in the air line.

Charles

__________________

Charles Emanuel
904-657-9134



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

I'm going with the most important, NO eye protection while filling and secondly, bulkhead on the bottom.

__________________

Roof-Bright of Florida
Gary Boyd (owner)



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 237
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

The original version of the red apple on the tank looked more like a strawberry? smile



__________________

 

Ada Mobile Wash

2694 Ashville Dr. NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49525


616-285-8115

kennethpaul@vzw.blackberry.net


Roof Washing Exterior House Cleaning Grand Rapids, MI



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 135
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

Left on the towing ball. Shin banger!!!

__________________
Eastern Roof Cleaning & Exteriors
www.easternroofcleaning.com
908-674-3392
Stewartsville, NJ 08886


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

Pulling from the bottom bulk head
Air compressor looks like it's bungied on.
No accumulator on the air line.
No filter on the feed line.
Your guys don't know how to park in a parking space. LOL...roof cleaning

__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

Very very good guys!
The tank we bought used, cheap, very cheap, and was already drilled for a bulkhead.
But THE one mistake everyone missed (there are many) was the green hose on the hose reel!
That was our experiment with the Factory Direct Hose "Mean Green"
The Love melted it, LOL

Very good guys, BTW !

__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 294
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Very very good guys!
The tank we bought used, cheap, very cheap, and was already drilled for a bulkhead.
But THE one mistake everyone missed (there are many) was the green hose on the hose reel!
That was our experiment with the Factory Direct Hose "Mean Green"
The Love melted it, LOL

Very good guys, BTW !




 Was I right about the guy not wearing socks?

Just kidding!!!!!!!!

138394,You should do this more often!!!



__________________

856-204-6919



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

juarez1981 wrote:

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Very very good guys!
The tank we bought used, cheap, very cheap, and was already drilled for a bulkhead.
But THE one mistake everyone missed (there are many) was the green hose on the hose reel!
That was our experiment with the Factory Direct Hose "Mean Green"
The Love melted it, LOL

Very good guys, BTW !




 Was I right about the guy not wearing socks?

Just kidding!!!!!!!!

138394,You should do this more often!!!




Yeah, I made plenty of mistakes, still do!

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 294
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

I leaved in Fort Myers Florida for many years (got tire of the hot wheatear),  I know most of the license plates have an “ ORANGE ” on them. Have you ever thought on requesting your license plates with an “APPLE” ON IT?

That will look really good on your tucks!!



__________________

856-204-6919



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Feb 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

juarez1981 wrote:

I leaved in Fort Myers Florida for many years (got tire of the hot wheatear),  I know most of the license plates have an “ ORANGE ” on them. Have you ever thought on requesting your license plates with an “APPLE” ON IT?

That will look really good on your tucks!!




The state of florida has an apple plate already!
'It is for education support, had em on my trucks, too expensive

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date: Feb 4, 2010
Permalink  
 

Chris,

Looks like you've had that air compressor on the truck for quite some time.  We purchased a rigid as well.  If we keep up with the required periodic maintenance, how long a life should we expect from our compressor.  I assume that the chemicals wreak havoc on the compressor and motor.

Danny


__________________
Danny and Mike Spiczenski




Indiana Roof Cleaning
Safe Roof Cleaning
Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Indianapolis
Black Streak Removal


www.StopTheStreaking.com







RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Feb 5, 2010
Permalink  
 

Indiana Roof Cleaners wrote:

Chris,

Looks like you've had that air compressor on the truck for quite some time.  We purchased a rigid as well.  If we keep up with the required periodic maintenance, how long a life should we expect from our compressor.  I assume that the chemicals wreak havoc on the compressor and motor.

Danny




Mine last about a year and 1/2,  but we use em almost 6 days a week on multiple roofs per day, and do really BIG jobs.
Use only mobil 1 synthetic 5 w30 for both the compressor and honda motor, and buy Gates belts from NAPA, or other good belt, meaning expensive!
Junk belts stretch, and changing belts is a PITA

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date: Feb 6, 2010
Permalink  
 

Thanks again Chris for sharing your knowledge and expertise.

Danny


__________________
Danny and Mike Spiczenski




Indiana Roof Cleaning
Safe Roof Cleaning
Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Indianapolis
Black Streak Removal


www.StopTheStreaking.com





Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard