The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: The season is still going


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 303
Date: Nov 11, 2014
The season is still going
Permalink  
 


I'm still getting jobs and had three inquiries yesterday. Unfortunately we're going to have an arctic blast for a week with high temperatures in the 30s. Hopefully it will go back up into the 40s next week to squeeze out a few more jobs.



__________________

 

 

 

Dave

 Advantage Roof Cleaning Company

Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America 

630-730-8105

Aurora, IL

info@AdvantageRoofCleaning.com

www.AdvantageRoofCleaning.com 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Nov 11, 2014
Permalink  
 

Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:

I'm still getting jobs and had three inquiries yesterday. Unfortunately we're going to have an arctic blast for a week with high temperatures in the 30s. Hopefully it will go back up into the 40s next week to squeeze out a few more jobs.


 I hear some roof cleaners up north are using hot water pressure washers to warm the roofs up ?



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Nov 11, 2014
Permalink  
 

 

 

There's no need to warm them up.  We knocked the frost off of another one just a few days ago.  Standard mix works just fine.  All you need is a little patience.

LIKE THIS



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Nov 11, 2014
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 wrote:

 

 

There's no need to warm them up.  We knocked the frost off of another one just a few days ago.  Standard mix works just fine.  All you need is a little patience.

LIKE THIS


 That's good to know Ted. 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 303
Date: Nov 13, 2014
Permalink  
 

I've been filling the tank with water the night before the jobs and warming it up with a heater. In fact, I just ordered a titanium 300 Watt fish tank heater which should heat up the mix more efficiently. Furthermore I bump up the SH between 40 and 50%. This has been working rather well in the colder weather so far.

__________________

 

 

 

Dave

 Advantage Roof Cleaning Company

Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America 

630-730-8105

Aurora, IL

info@AdvantageRoofCleaning.com

www.AdvantageRoofCleaning.com 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Nov 13, 2014
Permalink  
 

Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:

I've been filling the tank with water the night before the jobs and warming it up with a heater. In fact, I just ordered a titanium 300 Watt fish tank heater which should heat up the mix more efficiently. Furthermore I bump up the SH between 40 and 50%. This has been working rather well in the colder weather so far.


 Wow, a Titanium Heater! Titanium is one of the very few metals that is SH Proof! Let us all know how it works, and where to get one of these titanium heaters, and how much they cost.

Heating up the mix should help cold weather roof cleaning, especially if you can keep the mix warm!



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Nov 19, 2014
Permalink  
 

We did 4 roof cleanings today with the temps in the upper 20s to mid 30s. (Wind chill stayed in the 20s - not too fun.) Each and every one of the roofs turned out great. With American-ProTech, they always do

Seriously, the only concern with the temps is creature comfort. And preventing your equipment from freezing up.



-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 on Thursday 20th of November 2014 07:41:20 AM

__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date: Nov 20, 2014
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:
Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:

I've been filling the tank with water the night before the jobs and warming it up with a heater. In fact, I just ordered a titanium 300 Watt fish tank heater which should heat up the mix more efficiently. Furthermore I bump up the SH between 40 and 50%. This has been working rather well in the colder weather so far.


 Wow, a Titanium Heater! Titanium is one of the very few metals that is SH Proof! Let us all know how it works, and where to get one of these titanium heaters, and how much they cost.

Heating up the mix should help cold weather roof cleaning, especially if you can keep the mix warm!


Here's a link to sever titanium heaters ranging from 300 to 1,000 watts ranging from $30 to $125.  You may need to copy and past the links...I tried to attach this as a link and it wasn't cooperating.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=titanium+300+Watt+fish+tank+heater+

 

If this gives you even a couple of jobs, it's a great investment!



-- Edited by Troy Layman on Thursday 20th of November 2014 02:14:01 AM

__________________
Pending


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Nov 21, 2014
Permalink  
 

 

I don't follow why anyone would want to add cost or complexity to the process.  As noted in my prior post, the 'standard' accepted process works just fine in subfreezing temps.

To each his or her own I guess.



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 303
Date: Nov 25, 2014
Permalink  
 

My Finnex Hang-On Electronic Controller Aquarium Titanium Tube heater arrived.

 

 



-- Edited by Advantage Roof Cleaning on Tuesday 25th of November 2014 08:36:20 AM

Attachments
__________________

 

 

 

Dave

 Advantage Roof Cleaning Company

Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America 

630-730-8105

Aurora, IL

info@AdvantageRoofCleaning.com

www.AdvantageRoofCleaning.com 

 

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard