The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Ladder Setup


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 720
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Ladder Setup
Permalink  
 


My technicians use a 32ft fiberglass ladder, it is quite the behemoth when  fully extended. I was thinking about tying a rope to the top of the ladder so they can use some leverage to guide it, when placing it against the house, and taking it away from the house.  

Any suggestions or do I need to tell my guys to hit the gym?



__________________

Dan Cronauer

"What's on your Roof?"

1-(855) WASHME2

ROOF CLEANING PENNSYLVANIA

Google Maps

282 Hemlock Terrace Mountain Top, PA 18707

 



Deleted

Status: Offline
Posts: 1034
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Anything that will help is a plus, but the gym might help some. Lol
Just be sure that when putting the ladder in place that there are 2 guys doing it.
That way it will not kick out on you!

__________________

 

 

 

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1508
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Have your guys hit the gym. Tying ropes can get in the way. I carry a lightweight 24 foot aluminum ladder. It will do the job for you must of the time.

__________________

ACE PAINTING
Tom Buczak 216-323-0552

Check out our website.

 

        



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

I used to move a wooden 40 foot around myself in my younger days ,but them days are LONG gone!

__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America

Status: Offline
Posts: 227
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

24 Ft aluminum, 16 Ft aluminum and 8 ft fiber glass step ladder in my arsenal.



__________________

Al Gigliotti

ANR Cleaning Services LLC

Orange Park Fl 32073 - 904-710-1249

http://anrcleanteam.com

http://pressurecleanjax.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ANR-Cleaning-Services-LLC/243026462412899



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2289
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:

I used to move a wooden 40 foot around myself in my younger days ,but them days are LONG gone!


 Eric I hear you, I had a 40' aluminum of my truck for the longest, It was hard to man handle by my self, I recently replaced it with a 32' It is much easier to manage. I liked rigidness of the 40, but to heavy.



__________________
H20 POWERWASHING
Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 08734
clydesampsel@gmail.com
www.roofcleaningjerseyshore.com



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2289
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

al9226 wrote:

24 Ft aluminum, 16 Ft aluminum and 8 ft fiber glass step ladder in my arsenal.


 Hey Al, how are you doing over there in Orange Park? 2 winters ago I used to go over there often.



__________________
H20 POWERWASHING
Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 08734
clydesampsel@gmail.com
www.roofcleaningjerseyshore.com



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 609-971-6553 wrote:
Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:

I used to move a wooden 40 foot around myself in my younger days ,but them days are LONG gone!


 Eric I hear you, I had a 40' aluminum of my truck for the longest, It was hard to man handle by my self, I recently replaced it with a 32' It is much easier to manage. I liked rigidness of the 40, but to heavy.


 Way to heavy for the older boys,LOL.



__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 299
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

I carry a 12, 16, 24 and 32 on the truck. I have a 40 at the shop but only use it once or twice a year.

Most jobs I need to roof walk, I use the 12 to a 1st floor roof and the 16 with levelers to the 2nd story. I use the ladder levelers daily. They are lifesavers !

Donnie

__________________

Roof Cleaning for Harrisburg - Mechanicsburg - Camp Hill - Enola - Hershey

Donnie Farner

Pro Roof Wash .com

Mechanicsburg, PA  17050

(717)303-9096 or Toll Free: 855-717-WASH

ProRoofWashBanner.jpg



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 720
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Guys aluminium ladders are cake, I was asking about the ropes specifically for the fiberglass. You need 2 ppl to carry this ladder. One person just isn't practical. I'm gonna give the ropes a shot, see if it makes a difference. Oh and the reason we use fiberglass is so, if we hit an electrical wire, our guys stay safe.

Dan

__________________

Dan Cronauer

"What's on your Roof?"

1-(855) WASHME2

ROOF CLEANING PENNSYLVANIA

Google Maps

282 Hemlock Terrace Mountain Top, PA 18707

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 299
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Dan, I think your website is down.

__________________

Roof Cleaning for Harrisburg - Mechanicsburg - Camp Hill - Enola - Hershey

Donnie Farner

Pro Roof Wash .com

Mechanicsburg, PA  17050

(717)303-9096 or Toll Free: 855-717-WASH

ProRoofWashBanner.jpg



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2289
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:
Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 609-971-6553 wrote:
Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:

I used to move a wooden 40 foot around myself in my younger days ,but them days are LONG gone!


 Eric I hear you, I had a 40' aluminum of my truck for the longest, It was hard to man handle by my self, I recently replaced it with a 32' It is much easier to manage. I liked rigidness of the 40, but to heavy.


 Way to heavy for the older boys,LOL.


 Eric I took my 40' ladder and spray painted it safety yellow to match my truck, Really the biggest reason I had it on my truck because it looked awsome, It looked really good on my truck, I use to get compliments on it all the time, so now I just stretch out the 32' a few feet to achieve the same visual effect lol.



__________________
H20 POWERWASHING
Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 08734
clydesampsel@gmail.com
www.roofcleaningjerseyshore.com



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 609-971-6553 wrote:
Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:
Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 609-971-6553 wrote:
Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:

I used to move a wooden 40 foot around myself in my younger days ,but them days are LONG gone!


 Eric I hear you, I had a 40' aluminum of my truck for the longest, It was hard to man handle by my self, I recently replaced it with a 32' It is much easier to manage. I liked rigidness of the 40, but to heavy.


 Way to heavy for the older boys,LOL.


 Eric I took my 40' ladder and spray painted it safety yellow to match my truck, Really the biggest reason I had it on my truck because it looked awsome, It looked really good on my truck, I use to get compliments on it all the time, so now I just stretch out the 32' a few feet to achieve the same visual effect lol.


 Its all about the visual!!!!



__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1998
Date: Jan 19, 2012
Permalink  
 

Two guys place and remove the ladder....no problems. One guy in front and one in back working together lowering it. The guy in front keeps his foot on both sides { at bottom } to avoid kick out, repeat to remove it from house.

__________________

Charlies Roof Cleaning

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDTM0TQ_PI 

                SERVING BOTH NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY

               FREE ESTIMATES / SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

                       516-763-4108   /   631-433-6449





 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Jan 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Long Island N.Y 516-763-4108 wrote:

Two guys place and remove the ladder....no problems. One guy in front and one in back working together lowering it. The guy in front keeps his foot on both sides { at bottom } to avoid kick out, repeat to remove it from house.


 sounds like you set up and take down ladders like we do. always a 2 man job, almost always.

 We keep on the truck a 40, 28, and 2 22's and the second from biggest litle giant. in the shed we got a 32 the Biggest little giant, with wheels, and a light weight 8 ft a frame. The 28 is a werner, and latest addition, love it!

 For set up and take down there is only 1 way, my way! lol!!! It's always worked!



__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 720
Date: Jan 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Long Island N.Y 516-763-4108 wrote:

Two guys place and remove the ladder....no problems. One guy in front and one in back working together lowering it. The guy in front keeps his foot on both sides { at bottom } to avoid kick out, repeat to remove it from house.


 My guys also use this method it works, I think they just needed to get adjusted to the 32 fiberglass, much more cumbersome than the 24 Al. 



__________________

Dan Cronauer

"What's on your Roof?"

1-(855) WASHME2

ROOF CLEANING PENNSYLVANIA

Google Maps

282 Hemlock Terrace Mountain Top, PA 18707

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 720
Date: Jan 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

donniedawg wrote:

Dan, I think your website is down.


 May have been doing some work on it, but I clicked my link it worked fine.



__________________

Dan Cronauer

"What's on your Roof?"

1-(855) WASHME2

ROOF CLEANING PENNSYLVANIA

Google Maps

282 Hemlock Terrace Mountain Top, PA 18707

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 778
Date: Jan 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Long Island N.Y 516-763-4108 wrote:

Two guys place and remove the ladder....no problems. One guy in front and one in back working together lowering it. The guy in front keeps his foot on both sides { at bottom } to avoid kick out, repeat to remove it from house.


 I'm Confused!confuse



__________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 542
Date: Jan 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Dan, your guys need to hit the gym. Maybe they have the ladder too far back from the house to start with, to a point where they can't control it as they are positioning it toward the roof edge. I agree with Tom from Ace, a rope is just going to get in the way and most likely cause an accident.



__________________

                Header-Newsletter-LandisRoof%2525281%252529.jpg 

Click to see what we can do for you!

Barry Landis

facebook.jpgemail.jpg 

610-689-4475
 
-----------


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1998
Date: Jan 20, 2012
Permalink  
 

Sorry Art I tryed to explain the best I could.

__________________

Charlies Roof Cleaning

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDTM0TQ_PI 

                SERVING BOTH NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY

               FREE ESTIMATES / SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

                       516-763-4108   /   631-433-6449





 

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard