The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Should I Start A Roof Cleaning Training School ?


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1342
Date:
RE: Should I Start A Roof Cleaning Training School ?
Permalink  
 


Are you looking at this Winter to start Chris?

Jeff

__________________

Raystown Roof Cleaning
Central, Pa

(814) 644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322

Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania

Huntingdon, State College, Lewistown, Altoona









RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

It depends on a number of things Jeff, but generally yes.

It would be a winter type thing, although we generally have enough roofs to clean year round. Summer it rains a lot here in Tampa.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Date:
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida 813-655-8777 wrote:

I want to ask you guys opinion. Should I start a formal roof cleaning training school ?

After nearly 20 years in the roof cleaning business here in Tampa, most of our customers are repeats. My customers trust me, and would have no problems if we took on some roof cleaning students, as long as myself, and my son Jamie, supervised every job.

I have been teaching roof cleaners longer then anyone else I know, and believe I can offer the best roof cleaning training availiable, as well as good so called "softwashing training" as well.

If I PERSONALLY train a student, my training will come with RCIA Certification, as well as the opportunity to really learn the roof cleaning profession.

I clean more roofs then most can imagine, so there is plenty of on the job learning opportunities.

So, what do you think guys, should I offer hands on roof cleaning training ?


 I think it would be a great idea Chris. Especially if you included your sales and business experience as well.

Imo you could take it a step further and only give certifications through your class! And then this board can be a friendly place for seo, business discussion, and tech discussion.



__________________

                                     



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2278
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Little Rock Arkansas wrote:
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida 813-655-8777 wrote:

I want to ask you guys opinion. Should I start a formal roof cleaning training school ?

After nearly 20 years in the roof cleaning business here in Tampa, most of our customers are repeats. My customers trust me, and would have no problems if we took on some roof cleaning students, as long as myself, and my son Jamie, supervised every job.

I have been teaching roof cleaners longer then anyone else I know, and believe I can offer the best roof cleaning training availiable, as well as good so called "softwashing training" as well.

If I PERSONALLY train a student, my training will come with RCIA Certification, as well as the opportunity to really learn the roof cleaning profession.

I clean more roofs then most can imagine, so there is plenty of on the job learning opportunities.

So, what do you think guys, should I offer hands on roof cleaning training ?


 I think it would be a great idea Chris. Especially if you included your sales and business experience as well.

Imo you could take it a step further and only give certifications through your class! And then this board can be a friendly place for seo, business discussion, and tech discussion.


Chris apple - that is the best idea anyone has come up with yet. You may have just fixed this big problem we all have.

 



__________________

DiamondRoofCleaning_HEADER-part-2_edited-1.jpg

Diamond Roof Cleaning

320 e collings dr

Williamstown NJ 08094

Mike Derose-Owner

609-929-5812



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America

Status: Offline
Posts: 920
Date:
Permalink  
 

Diamond Roof Cleaning New Jersey (1-800-Roof-Clean) wrote:
Roof Cleaning Little Rock Arkansas wrote:
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida 813-655-8777 wrote:

I want to ask you guys opinion. Should I start a formal roof cleaning training school ?

After nearly 20 years in the roof cleaning business here in Tampa, most of our customers are repeats. My customers trust me, and would have no problems if we took on some roof cleaning students, as long as myself, and my son Jamie, supervised every job.

I have been teaching roof cleaners longer then anyone else I know, and believe I can offer the best roof cleaning training availiable, as well as good so called "softwashing training" as well.

If I PERSONALLY train a student, my training will come with RCIA Certification, as well as the opportunity to really learn the roof cleaning profession.

I clean more roofs then most can imagine, so there is plenty of on the job learning opportunities.

So, what do you think guys, should I offer hands on roof cleaning training ?


 I think it would be a great idea Chris. Especially if you included your sales and business experience as well.

Imo you could take it a step further and only give certifications through your class! And then this board can be a friendly place for seo, business discussion, and tech discussion.


Chris apple - that is the best idea anyone has come up with yet. You may have just fixed this big problem we all have.

 


hit the nail on the head right there, excellent idea



__________________

Premier Power Wash & Roof Cleaning

Roof Cleaning West Chester PA

(610) 220-3590

831 Pump House Lane

West Chester, PA 19382

Power Washing West Chester PA

facebook twitter

 

MJ


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 305
Date:
Permalink  
 

Sign me up, I would pay to learn from your experiences.

__________________

Mike Jackson

Roof to Curb Cleaning Pro's

1506 Magnolia Dr.

Cincinnati, OH 45215

513.542.PROS (7767)

www.rooftocurb.com

 
Check out our RTC video HERE!


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 994
Date:
Permalink  
 

As a newbie i would gladly pay to come and learn. I thing you should do what your gut tells you to do. Gut instinct is the best way to judge if something is right or something is wrong.



__________________

Brian C. Jackson

Jackson Contracting 

Pelham NH. 03076

Roof Cleaning Southern NH and Northern Mass

 

(603)401-8408

E-mail Briancjacksonllc2@gmail.com

Click Here to view our web-site

Click Here for an estimate



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

Raystown Roof Cleaning Central PA 1-800-236-0322 wrote:

Are you looking at this Winter to start Chris?

Jeff


 Seriously thinking about it Jeff, I think winter is the best time for it,

don't you ?  You guys kick ass up north, cleaning roofs in the summer, and it rains nearly every day here in the summer.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1342
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yea Chris, from a northern point of view Winter is definitely the time to do something like that. Just wasn't sure how busy you were in the Winter and what you're thinking was.
You could even have other seasoned roof cleaners come down as guest speakers to take some of the weight off of you. Especially like us northerners in the Winter...,Ha,Ha,..

Jeff

__________________

Raystown Roof Cleaning
Central, Pa

(814) 644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322

Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania

Huntingdon, State College, Lewistown, Altoona









RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

How LONG would you guys like to see a roof cleaning school be ?

3 days is cutting it close, and if we have rain/bad weather, it won't work.

I was thinking for a week at least. With the amount of work we have, or can line up, I feel pretty good about that amount of time.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 74
Date:
Permalink  
 

Maybe it could vary ......you could have 2 day school and a 3 day school and a 4-5 day school.



for me ......2 days training max .....that leaves one day travel to Tampa one day to get back to Dallas 4 days total..






__________________
David 
Dallas Wash 
214.629.8577


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:
Permalink  
 

I would like to see a 2 - 3 day school. That would work the best with time and money. Ditto on travel from TX - one day each way.

__________________


CraddockRoofing.Com

Cleanroofs.net

Affordable Roof Cleaning of Texas



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1342
Date:
Permalink  
 

I think there are a few variables here to consider Chris.

Is this gonna be set for certain weeks throughout the year and then it is up to the students to make arrangements. Or is it gonna be like calling you and making an appointment and letting the student have more of a hand in their own arrangement. Is there gonna be a certification with the class,..if it is just an simple tutoring then I think you could simply let the student pay by how many days they choose.

But if you're going to award some sort of certificate, then you will have to do alot of teaching in a short period,...because as you know,..this isn't just spraying bleach on a roof. Alot to go over in a short 2-3 days,.... and then label the student as a certified roof cleaner. Thats not to say the basics can't be covered,..

If you want to turn this into a certification class I think a 2-5 day class should be only the first leg in a certification for any given student,..there should be some sort of probationary period after the class,..so they can get though a period of in the field work. Kinda like an internship. Would be hard to monitor an "interns" progress,..I suppose you could stipulate that they become an active member on the board so you could at least sort of oversee the progress.

Just some thoughts Chris....

Jeff

__________________

Raystown Roof Cleaning
Central, Pa

(814) 644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322

Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania

Huntingdon, State College, Lewistown, Altoona









Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date:
Permalink  
 

Good idea,

 

     At our phase of the game I will send my son, how much would you charge, pleasantly we are currently slammed for the H-days with pressure cleaning etc.

 

Jim



__________________


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 994
Date:
Permalink  
 

I hope you decide to do the school. I think it is a great idea and it will also let you have more control over how roof cleaners are trained.  I know mistakes happen on everyones first few jobs and there is a learning curve, but homeowners dont want to be used as practice dummies. A training like this will give this forum a bigger boost and help insure repeat buisness from homeowners that had a great experience from a poperly trained company.



__________________

Brian C. Jackson

Jackson Contracting 

Pelham NH. 03076

Roof Cleaning Southern NH and Northern Mass

 

(603)401-8408

E-mail Briancjacksonllc2@gmail.com

Click Here to view our web-site

Click Here for an estimate



Deleted

Status: Offline
Posts: 1034
Date:
Permalink  
 

I am definately interested as well, this would be awesome. Hopefully it would be 3 days at the most but what ever it is works for me.

-- Edited by A to Z on Tuesday 20th of December 2011 07:42:00 PM

__________________

 

 

 

 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mr Maintenance wrote:

I hope you decide to do the school. I think it is a great idea and it will also let you have more control over how roof cleaners are trained.  I know mistakes happen on everyones first few jobs and there is a learning curve, but homeowners dont want to be used as practice dummies. A training like this will give this forum a bigger boost and help insure repeat buisness from homeowners that had a great experience from a poperly trained company.


 Most of my customers are customers we have cleaned roofs for in the past.

They trust us to clean their roof properly. I have actually been asking some customers if it would be OK to have some roof cleaning students on their jobs, and every one was fine with it, as long as I was there supervising. 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ok,Ok, just name your price & tell me when..lol



__________________


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 167
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chris, in the 23 yrs that I have been in business I had several roof cleaning techs work for me and have been trained in both roof cleaning and soft wash cleaning. Even though I had non-competes, this is a right to work state and therefore non-completes expire in as little as 2 yrs. Some have went out on there own for me only to discover they were approaching our clients explaining their previous affiliation with my company and undercutting the pricing. I would say it is chance. Kinda like damned if you do and damned if you don't. to me it's not worth the headaches of explaining to those clients who only are conerned about $$$$.



__________________

Roof-Bright of Florida
Gary Boyd (owner)



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

bigislanderic wrote:

Ok,Ok, just name your price & tell me when..lol


 I got your PM, looks like you and the guy from Mass are going to be the first Students of my roof cleaning school.

I am REALLY REALLY into hands on training, so be prepared, you WILL clean some roofs here, lots of them.

Bring your cameras, the first roofs you clean will always be special to you.

We do many tile roofs as well, but not to worry. If you can clean a tile roof, a shingle roof is a complete cakewalk.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 

«First  <  1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard