The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: I have been asked not to speak against competitors who put down our roof cleaning method


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1486
Date: Sep 4, 2011
RE: I have been asked not to speak against competitors who put down our roof cleaning method
Permalink  
 


Roof Cleaning Severna Park MD wrote:

I think I've seen stray rusted nails on 50% of the roofs I have cleaned, and I mean BEFORE cleaning. I don't understand how this guy thinks a rusted nail can only mean damage by a non-pressure roof cleaner. Booooooo


 We  tear roofs off everyday and all the nails are rusty.. I will post some pics and maybe it is time to make a video to show the false info given.

Kim R



__________________


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Bergman Roof Cleaning Port Charlotte FL 941-698-1959 wrote:

So, I will do as asked. It's not my forum.

This is the last I will bring up [start-not reply] about our competitors lie tactics, so it's gonna get a little boring from now on, just taking their insults, but not being able to start a post to speak a word back.

I spoke to the owner of Roof-A-Cide about the below post from Roof-A-Cide and he apparantly contacted Chris, so because they are friends, he asked me not to speak against them or any other methods in competition with us.

I have to say my final words though, because that's me!

This is what Roof-A-Cide says, Chris's friend, that I can no longer start posts about:

Protect Your Property by Learning About Your Roof Cleaning Choices

 

Most Inexperienced Roof Cleaning contractors here in Florida are using high-strength Chlorine Bleach (Pool Chlorine) because it is cheap, fast, and easy – but There Are Much Safer and More Effective Ways to Maintain Your Roof. 

Roof%20Damage%20-%20Valley%20Replacement%203.jpg
Roof Damage Caused by Repeated use of Chlorine Bleach
Extremely High-Strength Chlorine Bleach solutions usually will not do noticeable damage to actual asphalt roof shingles or concrete roof tiles, but they will do irreversible damage to almost everything else that comprises a roof system – fixtures, flashings, fasteners, gutters, and most importantly the underlayment that covers the roof and serves as the actual waterproofing for your home. This damage usually goes unnoticed for years before the homeowner realizes a problem.

 

This is why you do not see reputable Roofing Professionals using or advocating this dangerous method – but you will find them using other methods that are safer for the roof, safer for the environment, and APPROVED by Roofing Manufacturers.

 

 

  • FACT: Both Bleach and TSP will corrode metal (even in weak concentrations) and High-Strength Chlorine Bleach (Pool Chlorine) will accelerate the damage – especially when the roof is not rinsed properly.

 

  • FACT: Not One Roofing Manufacturer in the US recommends the High-Strength Chlorine Bleach solutions that are being used all over Florida and increasingly throughout the US.

 

  • FACT: Roofing Manufacturers have approved many safer alternatives to Chlorine Bleach for cleaning roofs, but as a matter of policy most are restricted from endorsing a particular product.

 

  • FACT: Roofing Manufacturers have approved a number of products that will PREVENT roof stains, but as a matter of policy most are restricted from endorsing a particular product.
  • FACT: Roof-A-Cide has been approved for cleaning and PREVENTION by Monier Lifetile (Boral), GAF Materials, and Metro Roof Products - among others.
  • FACT: Roof-A-Cide is used by some of the Most Successful and Respected Roofing Professionals in Florida!

 

 

Note: When you are dealing with a contractor that cites a guideline drafted by the ARMA (The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association) over 30 years ago to promote bleach as “The Standard” that ALL ROOF MANUFACTURERS recommend – you should know that they fully intend to ignore any actual guidelines and use Pool Chlorine in much higher concentrations that Not One Roofing Manufacturer in the U.S. would considerer to be safe for their products! When their only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.



-- Edited by Bergman Roof Cleaning Port Charlotte FL 941-698-1959 on Sunday 4th of September 2011 10:17:49 AM


 Holy Fuk, I have never seen any of  that before no



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2065
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

That's what I figured!
Remember that old saying in the 70's "Just because your paranoid, doesn't mean their not out to get ya" ??
These guys are out to get us, in a nasty, in your face, insulting manner, full of lies to make us look bad, so they can look real.
Salesman always act like your friend, to win you over.
John Browne is a salesman and most certainly not your friend, or ours!
He is using you against the RCIA in his posts.
Glad you got to see this stuff. I figured you must have been busy at life. {Besides work and RCIA life }
I AM GOING FISHING NOW! NEED TO CALM MY NERVES!

__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1486
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Bookmark and Share
RAC


Guest

Status: Online
Posts: 6
Date: 31m, 16s ago
IP:
Hello RCIA



Ron Musgraves wrote:

Just checking in to say hello everyone!!!!



HI!!!!



Hey Ron....

Is the PWNA still looking for Roof Cleaning experts? I'm not available, but I can recommend a couple of Roofing Professionals that have seen, first-hand, the damage caused by using pool chlorine the way that this organization (and AC Shyster) promotes.




-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Missouri 417-230-8103 on Monday 5th of September 2011 11:06:39 AM

__________________

John Browne
Roof-A-Cide
Professional Roof Cleaning & Stain Prevention



-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Bradenton FL 941-822-2454 on Monday 5th of September 2011 11:52:09 AM

__________________


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2065
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:
Bergman Roof Cleaning Port Charlotte FL 941-698-1959 wrote:

So, I will do as asked. It's not my forum.

This is the last I will bring up [start-not reply] about our competitors lie tactics, so it's gonna get a little boring from now on, just taking their insults, but not being able to start a post to speak a word back.

I spoke to the owner of Roof-A-Cide about the below post from Roof-A-Cide and he apparantly contacted Chris, so because they are friends, he asked me not to speak against them or any other methods in competition with us.

I have to say my final words though, because that's me!

This is what Roof-A-Cide says, Chris's friend, that I can no longer start posts about:

Protect Your Property by Learning About Your Roof Cleaning Choices

 

Most Inexperienced Roof Cleaning contractors here in Florida are using high-strength Chlorine Bleach (Pool Chlorine) because it is cheap, fast, and easy – but There Are Much Safer and More Effective Ways to Maintain Your Roof. 

Roof%20Damage%20-%20Valley%20Replacement%203.jpg
Roof Damage Caused by Repeated use of Chlorine Bleach
Extremely High-Strength Chlorine Bleach solutions usually will not do noticeable damage to actual asphalt roof shingles or concrete roof tiles, but they will do irreversible damage to almost everything else that comprises a roof system – fixtures, flashings, fasteners, gutters, and most importantly the underlayment that covers the roof and serves as the actual waterproofing for your home. This damage usually goes unnoticed for years before the homeowner realizes a problem.

 

This is why you do not see reputable Roofing Professionals using or advocating this dangerous method – but you will find them using other methods that are safer for the roof, safer for the environment, and APPROVED by Roofing Manufacturers.

 

 

  • FACT: Both Bleach and TSP will corrode metal (even in weak concentrations) and High-Strength Chlorine Bleach (Pool Chlorine) will accelerate the damage – especially when the roof is not rinsed properly.

 

  • FACT: Not One Roofing Manufacturer in the US recommends the High-Strength Chlorine Bleach solutions that are being used all over Florida and increasingly throughout the US.

 

  • FACT: Roofing Manufacturers have approved many safer alternatives to Chlorine Bleach for cleaning roofs, but as a matter of policy most are restricted from endorsing a particular product.

 

  • FACT: Roofing Manufacturers have approved a number of products that will PREVENT roof stains, but as a matter of policy most are restricted from endorsing a particular product.
  • FACT: Roof-A-Cide has been approved for cleaning and PREVENTION by Monier Lifetile (Boral), GAF Materials, and Metro Roof Products - among others.
  • FACT: Roof-A-Cide is used by some of the Most Successful and Respected Roofing Professionals in Florida!

 

 

Note: When you are dealing with a contractor that cites a guideline drafted by the ARMA (The Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association) over 30 years ago to promote bleach as “The Standard” that ALL ROOF MANUFACTURERS recommend – you should know that they fully intend to ignore any actual guidelines and use Pool Chlorine in much higher concentrations that Not One Roofing Manufacturer in the U.S. would considerer to be safe for their products! When their only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.



-- Edited by Bergman Roof Cleaning Port Charlotte FL 941-698-1959 on Sunday 4th of September 2011 10:17:49 AM


 Holy Fuk, I have never seen any of  that before no


Chris, before I go fishing, did you see the roof-a-cide post right here on RCIA, against us and YOU IN PARTICULAR? Check the links John Browne used against us and the last one against YOU!

 

 

 

Guest

 

Status: Online
Posts: 7
Date: 1h, 9m ago
RE: Green Eco-Friendly Roof Cleaning + Pressure Washing Englewood,Rotonda,Venice,Port Charlotte, Fl by Chuck Bergman
Reply Quote Printer Friendly


http://www.propowerwash.com/board/upload/showthread.php?9051-STOP-Cleaning-Roofs-Everyone-!&p=71688&viewfull=1#post71688

 

http://professionalroofcleaning.blogspot.com/

 

http://roof-a-cide.com/images/ARMA_RCIA1.pdf

 



__________________

John Browne
Roof-A-Cide



__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Weeelll.Lets see.I guess we really can't stop them from knocking our system!At least I don't want to spend the time doing it.Allways try to remember that while the competitors are talking about you it keeps them busy and not concentrating on their business.A really good commander will tell you to keep the enemy occupied while you go in from behind and kick there rearend.I agree that it is aggrevating to say the least.In defense of our system, I know that we at Mallard Systems can clean 3 roof to their 1 and give the customer a new looking roof instantly.When you think about it,who really wins?We do because we make more money and our customers keep coming back because we do a great job and want to make them happy.We don't have to lie to anyone.Bottom line is there are dozens of wannabe roof cleaning products out there and not one of them works as good as ours.Yes,there are bad jobs being done all the time using our system.Anyone can spray bleach and cause damage,but it takes the Pro's like us to do it well.   What do you say?   Al Lockyer SENIOR



__________________

Al Lockyer Sr.

Safe Roof & Exterior Cleaning

SAFE Roof & Exterior Cleaning

855-804-SAFE

Roof Cleaning Orlando FL



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Mallard Systems of Florida wrote:

Weeelll.Lets see.I guess we really can't stop them from knocking our system!At least I don't want to spend the time doing it.Allways try to remember that while the competitors are talking about you it keeps them busy and not concentrating on their business.A really good commander will tell you to keep the enemy occupied while you go in from behind and kick there rearend.I agree that it is aggrevating to say the least.In defense of our system, I know that we at Mallard Systems can clean 3 roof to their 1 and give the customer a new looking roof instantly.When you think about it,who really wins?We do because we make more money and our customers keep coming back because we do a great job and want to make them happy.We don't have to lie to anyone.Bottom line is there are dozens of wannabe roof cleaning products out there and not one of them works as good as ours.Yes,there are bad jobs being done all the time using our system.Anyone can spray bleach and cause damage,but it takes the Pro's like us to do it well.   What do you say?   Al Lockyer SENIOR


 Very well said Al.



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2065
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Yes and now that the roof-ass-ide guy is gone from here, Al's post is a good finale for the thread!
SEEYA on another thread yalz!

__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

I just received an email from John, and he says he is going to remove all the objectional stuff IF we stop talking bad about him. No one wins a war guys, so let's give him a chance ?

In the meantime, I have agreed to remove ANY references to roof a side from RCIA.

As SOOM as John takes his stuff down, I ask RCIA members to weed out ANY references to Roof A Side and alret moderators for remooval. God, I WAS drinking some good wine an BBQ'ing today blankstare

 

Moderators, please unban John from RAC,so we can all talk this out, and prevent a war



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2065
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

I just received an email from John, and he says he is going to remove all the objectional stuff IF we stop talking bad about him. No one wins a war guys, so let's give him a chance ?

In the meantime, I have agreed to remove ANY references to roof a side from RCIA.

As SOOM as John takes his stuff down, I ask RCIA members to weed out ANY references to Roof A Side and alret moderators for remooval. God, I WAS drinking some good wine an BBQ'ing today blankstare

 

Moderators, please unban John from RAC,so we can all talk this out, and prevent a war


If he does that, he has my respect and will never see a bad word from me again.

We should all be able to run our businesses without saying anything even slightly negative about other peoples work.

That's all I want, I know.

Thanks,

Chuck



__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1486
Date: Sep 5, 2011
Permalink  
 

Mallard Systems of Florida wrote:

Weeelll.Lets see.I guess we really can't stop them from knocking our system!At least I don't want to spend the time doing it.Allways try to remember that while the competitors are talking about you it keeps them busy and not concentrating on their business.A really good commander will tell you to keep the enemy occupied while you go in from behind and kick there rearend.I agree that it is aggrevating to say the least.In defense of our system, I know that we at Mallard Systems can clean 3 roof to their 1 and give the customer a new looking roof instantly.When you think about it,who really wins?We do because we make more money and our customers keep coming back because we do a great job and want to make them happy.We don't have to lie to anyone.Bottom line is there are dozens of wannabe roof cleaning products out there and not one of them works as good as ours.Yes,there are bad jobs being done all the time using our system.Anyone can spray bleach and cause damage,but it takes the Pro's like us to do it well.   What do you say?   Al Lockyer SENIOR


 ++1

Just to add to this, We have a job torn off today so I paid a visit to Randy on the job. and in response to rusted out nails and such. His response was a smirk and a little laugh.

" the nails will rust if exposed, but most roof nails are not exposed and if they are it is do to incorrect installation of the roof material." (asphalt)

but even some nails will rust such as these pics below, the shingles in this roof section never sealed properly and after 15 years rusted the nail heads, very common  and this roof has never been cleaned period. As well as the drip edge has sections of complete rusted nails. So inessence I could take this info and say it was caused by something else entirely. 

BTW: How's them Detroit Tigers!!!

Kim R



Attachments
__________________
«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard