The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Is your large hose costing you jobs???


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:
Is your large hose costing you jobs???
Permalink  
 


It is temping to buy the biggest baddest machine our there, whether it's a new  pump pushing more psi and gpm, bigger hose and stronger product to spray on only having to hit it once with no more touch ups. 

Just think....

You then could slide in 1 or 2 more jobs in the day or at least get out of the heat earlier.

But what is it really costing you???

We are not in the roof cleaning business...

We are all in the service business.  The more service you give the more you make.

One trap that is easy to get in is the faster we can blow out a job the faster we tend to move with our customer care. I am always reminding myself and my empoyees... The service we provide is secondary to customer care.  I find the slower I am the more I care about my clients.  If I am trying to blow out this job so I can get to the next one then I am really not taking the time to build a life time relationship with each of my clients?

Nothing wrong with a bigger hose but just remember not all the job can be handled with the biggest hose mentality.

Just some thought after 20 + years being in the service business



__________________
Eric Wenger


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date:
Permalink  
 

What exactly are you trying to tell us about customer service? With all due respect Mr. Wenger your company has only 1 online review and its horrible. How would you have done that job differently to avoid such a catastrophic review?

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

DryMax wrote:

One trap that is easy to get in is the faster we can blow out a job the faster we tend to move with our customer care.


 Well, the faster I can clean a roof, the more time and energy I have to get down off the roof, and help my ground man water biggrin



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

What exactly are you trying to tell us about customer service? With all due respect Mr. Wenger your company has only 1 online review and its horrible. How would you have done that job differently to avoid such a catastrophic review?


 Ed, You can't control what reviews are posted on the Internet.  I am 100% sure it was not posted by one of my clients.  I get testimonials from all my clients.  As you know competitors are always out to destroy your name because they are not sure enough of their own abilities. 

All my Dry-out equipment is all under 1 year old and I have only done 3 dry-out jobs with this name. I know each one of my clients and stay in touch.  I am sure someone would have said something by now if there was mold. lol

It would always be nice on all reviews if you could trac where they come from.

Ed... Whats to keep me from going on and doing a review on you with one star and saying anything I want even though I have never used your service?  Hummmm

Just Asking



-- Edited by DryMax on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 05:28:19 PM

__________________
Eric Wenger


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date:
Permalink  
 

That would be voodoo, cuz what comes around goes around. I took into consideration of the possibilty that one of your competitors could have left it. And if thats the case it really sux for you because its the only one I see.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1998
Date:
Permalink  
 

What was your company name before this one? Why did you change it?

__________________

Charlies Roof Cleaning

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDTM0TQ_PI 

                SERVING BOTH NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY

               FREE ESTIMATES / SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

                       516-763-4108   /   631-433-6449





 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:
Permalink  
 

I used to live in Chewelah, Washington I had a Flood and Fire Restoration Company where we did full service dry-outs, cleaning and repairs. The Name of my company was All Pro Restoration. About 4 years ago I sold it (for a good price :]) and bought a 45' sailboat north of Seattle WA. and sailed around for 3 years. well I meet a girl...... and you know the rest of the story......

No really I meet my wife about 6 years ago in Phenix AZ in a high level marketing and business program that I was part of for three years. (just a side note: it is a $15000.00 a year program) so that is why $100 is a bargain. well she lived in Ville Platte LA and I decided If I wanted to be married to her I better move to Louisiana. So thats how I got here.

I started this business after moving here almost a year ago. It has been interesting cuz the people here are different then they were on the west coast.

I now have been married for 4 months  biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

I am glad it was pointed out about the review cuz I have never seen that. My wife put a post under their review. We give a 5 year written guarantee on all our flood work. It was an opportunity to take people back to our website and see it or watch the video I put together about our guarantee. Also it allowed me to talk about our guarantee on the review. So I guess not all is lost.

See once again that may have been worth the $100 for this membership :)

Thanks ED I owe you now.



-- Edited by DryMax on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 07:26:38 PM



-- Edited by DryMax on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 07:27:35 PM

__________________
Eric Wenger


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date:
Permalink  
 

Yes you do Sir. I would get a few Google reviews that will over power those YP reviews. I sit down with my customers and help them write reviews. If they dont have a Gmail account it can take a dew hoops before they can login and write. $10 gas card doesnt hurt either.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:
Permalink  
 

DryMax wrote:

I used to live in Chewelah, Washington I had a Flood and Fire Restoration Company where we did full service dry-outs, cleaning and repairs. The Name of my company was All Pro Restoration. About 4 years ago I sold it (for a good price :]) and bought a 45' sailboat north of Seattle WA. and sailed around for 3 years. well I meet a girl...... and you know the rest of the story......

No really I meet my wife about 6 years ago in Phenix AZ in a high level marketing and business program that I was part of for three years. (just a side note: it is a $15000.00 a year program) so that is why $100 is a bargain. well she lived in Ville Platte LA and I decided If I wanted to be married to her I better move to Louisiana. So thats how I got here.

I started this business after moving here almost a year ago. It has been interesting cuz the people here are different then they were on the west coast.

I now have been married for 4 months  biggrinbiggrinbiggrin

I am glad it was pointed out about the review cuz I have never seen that. My wife put a post under their review. We give a 5 year written guarantee on all our flood work. It was an opportunity to take people back to our website and see it or watch the video I put together about our guarantee. Also it allowed me to talk about our guarantee on the review. So I guess not all is lost.

See once again that may have been worth the $100 for this membership :)

Thanks ED I owe you now.



-- Edited by DryMax on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 07:26:38 PM



-- Edited by DryMax on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 07:27:35 PM

I talked with Eric on the phone a while and I believe he is the real deal.

I too fear getting a fake review, but so far, so good.

Chuck


 



__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chuck. . . YOURE the real deal buddy, & dont you forget it!

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

Chuck. . . YOURE the real deal buddy, & dont you forget it!


Well, Thank You Very Much!!!

That's a very nice thing to say!

Much, Much appreciated!

Chuck



__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ed, I like the 10 gas card idea. I want to start putting everything on a ipad and let my clients look at my presentation while I give them a price. (of course I would make sure my looking at their roof takes about the same time as my video LOL) you know like pictures, testimonials, guarantees etc. then at the end of the job let them give me a testimonial right on the spot with my ipad so it gets posted to my website etc. also was thinking to take a before and after picture of each job so I can remind them a couple of years later why they hired me in the first place by sending it to them as a postcard. lol

Chuck I agree.... You are the real deal. I really enjoyed our talk.

__________________
Eric Wenger


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1486
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

Chuck. . . YOURE the real deal buddy, & dont you forget it!


 goodpost Yes he is!!



__________________


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:
Permalink  
 

Awwww, I'm gettin' embarrassed now!
Keep it coming!
Really though, Thanks!
I appreciate it!
Chuck

__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 27
Date:
Permalink  
 

I really didn't think this would all come to this lol

I was just wanting to remind myself to slow down and remember the client LOL

Maybe it was really about remembering Chuck :)

 

Whats funny is I have done jobs for like $700 in under an hour and made up things to do just so the homeowner would think they got their moneys worth.  



-- Edited by DryMax on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 09:54:03 PM

__________________
Eric Wenger


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America

Status: Offline
Posts: 720
Date:
Permalink  
 

jus6t spray da chit


__________________

PRISTINE ROOF CLEANING ATCO NEW JERSEY
NON PRESSURE ROOF CLEANING SERVING ALL OF NJ,DE & PA
856-753-7576



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America

Status: Offline
Posts: 720
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

That would be voodoo, cuz what comes around goes around. I took into consideration of the possibilty that one of your competitors could have left it. And if thats the case it really sux for you because its the only one I see.


 caues im a voodo child BrOw DadA Da BrwwBrOW DA daa BRoW Brow



__________________

PRISTINE ROOF CLEANING ATCO NEW JERSEY
NON PRESSURE ROOF CLEANING SERVING ALL OF NJ,DE & PA
856-753-7576



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chuck is so fly. . . He got hose in different area codes!

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

Chuck is so fly. . . He got hose in different area codes!


biggrin Hey, talk about stealin' a thread!

I'm eatin' it right up! biggrin

It's been a lot nicer here at RCIA lately!

No more arguing!

Just a bunch a roof cleaning guys talkin' biggrin

Chuck



__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2066
Date:
Permalink  
 

DryMax wrote:

I really didn't think this would all come to this lol

I was just wanting to remind myself to slow down and remember the client LOL

Maybe it was really about remembering Chuck :)

 

Whats funny is I have done jobs for like $700 in under an hour and made up things to do just so the homeowner would think they got their moneys worth.  



-- Edited by DryMax on Wednesday 15th of June 2011 09:54:03 PM


Ya, I think it's really about me biggrin

I know what you mean about working an hour for $700.00

I have been there and just said "Hey, while I'm here, I'd be glad to clean your driveway for you at no extra charge"

Of course, here in Florida, those $700.00 an hour jobs are few and far between, with all the competition! no

Chuck



__________________

Serving Englewood Rotonda North Port Cape Haze Venice Port Charlotte Punta Gorda Boca Grande Charlotte and Southern Sarasota Counties in Florida.

941-698-1959
www.bergmanroofcleaning.com

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RNlN3R7CqI

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard