The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: We Are Foaming A Roof Today!


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Apr 1, 2011
We Are Foaming A Roof Today!
Permalink  
 


We are using the new roof foamer on a tile roof today, and will be taking pictures, stay tuned! This is my friend, and  the RCIA's own Billy Jensens new foamer, developed by a florida roof cleaner for roof cleaners.

We have a shingle NOT a Tile strength cleaning mix made up of 100 gallons  of chemical with one gallon Ammonyx L in there for foam. We want to test the theory that the increased dwell time of the foam will allow a weaker cleaning mix!



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1486
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

Awesome!!!!

__________________


guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1202
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

Sweet! I'm looking forward to the results.

__________________
Extreme Cleaning Solutions (410) 980-1053
Phil Rogers
Click Here to View Our Website
Click Here for an Instant Quote
Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing in Anne Arundel County, and Howard County, Maryland


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

I was at depot yesterday, and for goofs went to the PWer section. There was a foamer there too. I didnt spend much time reading the box and stuff. Looking forward to your results!

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1172
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

Yes waiting for these results , any thing to use less mix is a Plus



__________________

Elite Roof Cleaners
Roof Cleaning Missouri & Kansas City

 65808-64108

417-230-8103 * 913-839-6577
RoofcleaningMissouri

RoofcleaningKansas



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1508
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

I bought a foamer last year, have not tried it out yet.



__________________

ACE PAINTING
Tom Buczak 216-323-0552

Check out our website.

 

        



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

I am anxiously awaiting results. I do a lot of tile roofs down here. It could potentially be very useful, especially for glazed tiles. I hate glazed tile roofs. Not to mention look really cool to impress the homeowners. Jon

__________________

Bluwater Roof and Exterior Cleaning

Non-Pressure Roof Cleaning

Serving Lee and Collier counties in Southwest Florida

Ft Myers, FL

(239)466-6980

bluwater@centurylink.net

Safe Roof Cleaning & Exterior House Washing in Naples, Ft Myers and Bonita Springs



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

Ok, we used the foamer today on a 2 story flat tile roof directly ON Tampa Bay. It was windy as hell, and the foamer kept leaking out of the air hole, perhaps indicating a problem. It was a real challenge for my Son Jamie to keep from getting sprayed by the foamer, and fight the wind too.

His ground people (our regular ground person and his girlfriend Jen) noted the lack of run off. Billy said the foam allows you to see the run off, and this may be true, but not on this 2 story roof. We could sure tell where  the foam did run off, because it sudsed up like hell when we watered the plants. Because of the wind, possibly toxic bubbles were blowing everywhere. Our philosophy is to water anything questionable, and let God sort the rest out.

It took every bit of our solution (125 gallons) to clean this roof, about the same as a normal roof cleaning w/o foam.

Now guys, bear in mind this IS a PROTOTYPE Billy Jensen gave us. It may not be working correctly. Billy's setup has a compressor 3 times the size of ours, so his pump has more flow. He also uses 3/4 inch hose, we ony use 5/8. It is quite possible Billy set his foamer up with too big an orfice for us ? Plus, there is the leak issue.

My son also commented the foam with all that surfactant is slippery as hell on a tile roof, he had to wait a considerable time to walk the wet parts of the roof, or risk busting his ass.

But remember, the WIND played a big factor today, and quite possibly had it not been so windy, and the  foamer working right, we would have had no need to re walk the roof for missed spots.

 I do have some pics will post later when my son empties his phone card into my computer.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1508
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

Chris, if the roof had gutters, do you think you could use a paint shield to stop all overspray and eliminate the ground guys? That was my thought when I bought my foamer.



__________________

ACE PAINTING
Tom Buczak 216-323-0552

Check out our website.

 

        



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Cleveland (216) 323-0552 wrote:

Chris, if the roof had gutters, do you think you could use a paint shield to stop all overspray and eliminate the ground guys? That was my thought when I bought my foamer.


 Unknown, at this time Tom, more testing will be needed.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1208
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

I used it on a tile roof today.Didn't like it at all. It seemed like I needed more pressure to get it to do what it should.It wasn't consistent,very clumpy.Maybe it would work better on a pressure washer?

__________________

Integrity Roof Cleaning
727.483.8177
Clearwater Florida 33759

roof cleaning pinellas county florida 
Roof Cleaning Palm Harbor Florida

Roof Cleaning Blog



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1208
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

I'm just not comfortable on any roof without a ground guy & I would never send 1 of my guys by themseves.Just too many things that could go wrong. IMHO

__________________

Integrity Roof Cleaning
727.483.8177
Clearwater Florida 33759

roof cleaning pinellas county florida 
Roof Cleaning Palm Harbor Florida

Roof Cleaning Blog



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Apr 1, 2011
Permalink  
 

aaron61 wrote:

I'm just not comfortable on any roof without a ground guy & I would never send 1 of my guys by themseves.Just too many things that could go wrong. IMHO


 

 I agree, too much to go wrong, and I like  company biggrin



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 387
Date: Apr 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

Chris

How far will the foaming nozzle shoot. I have a foaming nozzle I got from Lafferty Equipment that produces nice foam but it will only shoot about 7 feet. So far I have only done aslphalt shingle roofs with the nozzle. I'm hoping to sell a tile roof to see how it works on tile.

I started a thread in the premium section where I posted a video of the foamer in action. I have searched for the thread for those who might be interested in looking at the video. I can't locate the thread and it doesn't show in the list of threads I started. Not sure why I can't find the thread.

Charles

__________________

Charles Emanuel
904-657-9134



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Apr 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

Reliable Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL wrote:

Chris

How far will the foaming nozzle shoot. I have a foaming nozzle I got from Lafferty Equipment that produces nice foam but it will only shoot about 7 feet. So far I have only done aslphalt shingle roofs with the nozzle. I'm hoping to sell a tile roof to see how it works on tile.

I started a thread in the premium section where I posted a video of the foamer in action. I have searched for the thread for those who might be interested in looking at the video. I can't locate the thread and it doesn't show in the list of threads I started. Not sure why I can't find the thread.

Charles


 Charles, the Foamer Bill made for us he demonstrated on HIS air pump set up. Billy Jensen is not playing around with roof cleaning equipment. He has a 1/2 inch pump, a HUGE compresor that makes the small compressors we use look like Toys, and he uses 3/4 inch hose.

These foamers are made for HIM. Remember, these are prototypes. I just got off the phone with Billy, he is going to make another foamer for us with a smaller orfice.

I saw Billys Foamer work with HIS set up, and it was awesome. You should call Billy Charles

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1508
Date: Apr 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

Thanks for your thread last fall Charles thats the foamer I bought.

 

Last fall I did a few roofs by myself. They were rain days. I had to give my workers some off, so I did the roofs myself. A pain but I have to give my guys some time off.



__________________

ACE PAINTING
Tom Buczak 216-323-0552

Check out our website.

 

        



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 387
Date: Apr 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

Hi Tom. The Lafferty nozzle puts out some good foam but you must be able to walk the roof since it won't shoot very far. I will be interested to hear your results when you start using it. Billy Jensen is a great guy. I called on Billy over a year ago to get some help with tile roofs. I drove to Clearwater to do a tile roof with him but unfourtantally we got rained out. He spent a couple of hours with me talking roof cleaning. For those who don't know Billy is the one who introduced ammonyx lo to the forum. I'm not surprised he's developed a foamer. Charles



__________________

Charles Emanuel
904-657-9134



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Apr 3, 2011
Permalink  
 

Reliable Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL wrote:

Hi Tom. The Lafferty nozzle puts out some good foam but you must be able to walk the roof since it won't shoot very far. I will be interested to hear your results when you start using it. Billy Jensen is a great guy. I called on Billy over a year ago to get some help with tile roofs. I drove to Clearwater to do a tile roof with him but unfourtantally we got rained out. He spent a couple of hours with me talking roof cleaning. For those who don't know Billy is the one who introduced ammonyx lo to the forum. I'm not surprised he's developed a foamer. Charles


 I was asleep on the couch yesterday Charles, and my Pit Bull was going nuts. Billy showed up at my Door, made friends with the Pit Bull again, and left me 4 slightly different Foamers! Billy told me the orfice size is critical. He even numbered the foamers he gave us, so he could see what orfice size will be best.

Pit Bulls are dogs, and all Dog's are pack animals. Our "Pack" smells like Chlorine, so once the Pit Bill smelled the Chlorine on Billy, he recognized him as a friend.

Charles, you are correct in saying the foam will not shoot real far, so one will have to walk a roof to use it.  Billy demonstrated a prototype downstream foamer he designed that will shoot foam real far.

 

 

 

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Roof Cleaning Institute of America Premium Member/MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 744
Date: Apr 3, 2011
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:
Reliable Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL wrote:

Hi Tom. The Lafferty nozzle puts out some good foam but you must be able to walk the roof since it won't shoot very far. I will be interested to hear your results when you start using it. Billy Jensen is a great guy. I called on Billy over a year ago to get some help with tile roofs. I drove to Clearwater to do a tile roof with him but unfourtantally we got rained out. He spent a couple of hours with me talking roof cleaning. For those who don't know Billy is the one who introduced ammonyx lo to the forum. I'm not surprised he's developed a foamer. Charles


 I was asleep on the couch yesterday Charles, and my Pit Bull was going nuts. Billy showed up at my Door, made friends with the Pit Bull again, and left me 4 slightly different Foamers! Billy told me the orfice size is critical. He even numbered the foamers he gave us, so he could see what orfice size will be best.

Pit Bulls are dogs, and all Dog's are pack animals. Our "Pack" smells like Chlorine, so once the Pit Bill smelled the Chlorine on Billy, he recognized him as a friend.

Charles, you are correct in saying the foam will not shoot real far, so one will have to walk a roof to use it.  Billy demonstrated a prototype downstream foamer he designed that will shoot foam real far.

 

 

 

 


This is getting interesting! When do we get to see pics or a video?

 



__________________

540-949-6277

Serving East & West of the Blue Ridge

West Virginia Counties
Pendleton, Pocahontas & Randolph


Roof Cleaning Virginia



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Apr 3, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Virginia 540-949-6277 wrote:
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:
Reliable Roof Cleaning Jacksonville FL wrote:

Hi Tom. The Lafferty nozzle puts out some good foam but you must be able to walk the roof since it won't shoot very far. I will be interested to hear your results when you start using it. Billy Jensen is a great guy. I called on Billy over a year ago to get some help with tile roofs. I drove to Clearwater to do a tile roof with him but unfourtantally we got rained out. He spent a couple of hours with me talking roof cleaning. For those who don't know Billy is the one who introduced ammonyx lo to the forum. I'm not surprised he's developed a foamer. Charles


 I was asleep on the couch yesterday Charles, and my Pit Bull was going nuts. Billy showed up at my Door, made friends with the Pit Bull again, and left me 4 slightly different Foamers! Billy told me the orfice size is critical. He even numbered the foamers he gave us, so he could see what orfice size will be best.

Pit Bulls are dogs, and all Dog's are pack animals. Our "Pack" smells like Chlorine, so once the Pit Bill smelled the Chlorine on Billy, he recognized him as a friend.

Charles, you are correct in saying the foam will not shoot real far, so one will have to walk a roof to use it.  Billy demonstrated a prototype downstream foamer he designed that will shoot foam real far.

 

 

 

 


This is getting interesting! When do we get to see pics or a video?

 


 We took a few of my son on a windy day using a foamer that was not working as well as it could have been, but we still got some foam. I will post some pics as soon as we get it working correctly.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard