The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: VOTE...RCIA 50 Point Roof Cleaning Standard
Does the membership ratify the new 50 Point RCIA Standard? [44 vote(s)]

Yes
45.5%
No
54.5%


none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date:
VOTE...RCIA 50 Point Roof Cleaning Standard
Permalink Closed


logo-rcia-100.jpg

Industry Standard for Roof Cleaning Contractors

Planed Ratification on December 25th 2010

Forward

The Roof Cleaning Institute of America has developed this 50 point standard for raising the bar in the roof cleaning industry. Though the roof cleaning industry is unregulated by government we at the RCIA feel that a standard needed to be set forth and the bench mark be established that all reputable roof cleaning contractors will adhere to in the future.

The RCIA feels strongly that the roof cleaning industry and owning a roof cleaning company is a great way to achieve the American Dream! We want those persuing that dream to have some guidelines to help with growing their new business. For existing companies this standard will give them the competitive edge to stand out from other cleaning industry companies that don’t specialize in roof cleaning.

This 50 point standard is the first step in the RCIA starting and recognizing certifications from ourselves and other vocational training schools. Soon the RCIA, other .ORGs and NationalSchools will begin educating, training, equipping and certifying roof cleaning contractors using this 50 point RCIA standard. As these opportunities grow so will the RCIA Standard grow. This will become an evolving document being added to on a yearly basis, by amendment, at our RCIA National Conventions.

This RCIA 50 Point Standard has been developed and constructed on by its members. It will be voted on by its members and ratified by its members with a two-thirds, majority membership vote. The Membership of the RCIA will have had a direct hand in shaping their industry from this point forward. No one person, product, method, agenda or policy will make up this document. It is bit and piece of us all and we own it.

As we vote on the ratification of this standard over the next 48 hours we will be giving birth to the structure that will define us as an association. On December 25th 2010 the ratification of this standard will fortify the fact that carrying the RCIA Logo on your truck, uniform, business card, web site and business means that you really had to accomplish something. Gaining the RCIA Certification will mean that you are capable, serious and formidable.

Now onto the 50 points of Standard for the Roof Cleaning Industry.

Section One, Professionalism

1.Members will always maintain a professional demeanor when presenting themselves as an RCIA member.

2.Members must not communicate intentional dis-information and must do ones best to speak in facts and truths when representing RCIA or when presenting information relating to the roof cleaning industry.

3.Members will identify themselves and their vehicles clearly with company name, logo, contact information and clearly display their RCIA member decals.

4.Members shall present customers with clear and complete proposals for service and stand by prices and scope of work without wavering.

5.Members will produce a complete and correct scope of work, for customers approval, before commencing contracted work.

6.Members shall not knowingly place customers in jeopardy by placing employees on a work site without proper criminal background checks completed.

7.Members shall adhere to their States minimum standards for licensing,  insurance and workers compensation.

8.Members who maintain a web site will use the site for company promotion, customer education and commerce. The website will also display the RCIA membership e-badge / logo.

9.Members will wear uniforms for professionalism as well as for safety. Salespersons and management will be clearly identified by company branded apparel as well as wear company issued ID badges. Spray Technicians will wear duty rated uniforms for identification and chemical protection.


10.Members shall resolve customer complaints quickly and equitably and where unable enlist the help of a professional consumer mediation association closing the complaint with satisfactory results.

Section Two, Equipment

11.Members roof cleaning equipment will meet all sub-parts of this section. Each standard will be applied to members equipment wither retail manufactured, custom designed or owner installed.

12.Members will insure that whether using chemicals and or water for cleaning roofs that the outgoing pressure of the application pump (at the pump head) does not exceed 800 PSI.

13.Members will insure that whether using chemicals and or water for cleaning roofs that the outgoing pressure of the application apparatus (at the spray tip) does not exceed  100 PSI.

14.Members applying the roof cleaning chemical solution and or water under pressure, directly on a asphalt shingle surface will use a fan spray tip (15-60 degrees) at a safe distance to no closer than 18” from the surface of the roof.

15.Members will insure that roof cleaning that utilizes a zero degree stream tip is for chemical application only. Applications utilizing a zero degree stream tip are for long distance applications of chemical in excess of ten (10’) feet.

16.Members will not in any situation use mechanical agitation for removal of stains from roofing materials. Mechanical agitation can be but is not limited to, high pressure washing over 300 psi, use of flat surface cleaners, brushing, scrubbing or scraping.

17.Members shall have written standards for cleaning processes and varying pressures and chemical ratios for cleaning different roofing surfaces. Training specific to members equipment must be made available to authorized users.

18.Members shall insure that spraying equipment and holding tanks are maintained and not leaking and or emitting harmful chemicals and or VOC's.

19.Members shall insure that equipment either mounted to trailers and or directly to motorized vehicles is secured in accordance with USDOT standards. Mounts will be inspected and rated bi-annually.

20. Members shall insure that spraying equipment tanks conform to USDOT standards and remain within carrying capacities. Furthermore tanks holding chemicals can not be broken down or weakened by the chemicals stored within.

Section Three, Chemicals

21.Members shall follow either the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers (ARMA) or the RCIA’s Technical Guidelines for cleaning roofs including accepted chemicals. Whereas possible members should replace
Tri-sodium phosphate (TSP) with another wetting agent / surfactant that meets US EPA safe surfactant standards.

22.Members are encouraged to use chemicals that have been tested and approved for cleaning roofs by either ARMA, The RCIA and or the Roofing Manufacturer.

23.Members shall become educated on the safety and usage of roof cleaning chemicals, their storage and the impact they may have on the environment.

24.Members shall mix their roof cleaning chemical solution strictly according to the chemical manufacturers label. Members will receive training on mixing the chemicals available to them.

25.Members shall use appropriate surfactants included with the sodium hypochlorite solution. Members using only sodium hypochlorite and water for roof cleaning would not be considered acceptable.

26.Members shall ensure that the final cleaning solution shall not exceed a PH of 12 for cleaning roofs. Exceeding a ph of 12 will result in a solution that is too corrosive, and detrimental to many roofing types, possibly voiding the roofing manufacturer’s warranty.

27.Members shall ensure that chemicals are carried, transported and stored in accordance with manufacturers label and take the steps necessary to keep incompatible chemicals from interacting with each other. Members must receive training on this topic.

28. Members sh
all use Tri-sodium phosphate in a roof cleaning solution only where allowed by law. Phosphates like TSP have been outlawed in much of the Americas therefore the RCIA does not  endorse the use of TSP. TSP and other surfactants should be carefully used understanding their impact on the enviroment.

29.Members shall use chemicals that are environmentally responsible and or biodegradable. Where this is not possible members will utilize proper disposal and or collection methods to insure that good stewardship of the environment is observed.

30.Members will keep Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for each chemical carried and in use on their truck. Members will receive training on chemical disposal as well as spill clean-up and removal. Trucks will carry a spill contingency plan as well as local emergency numbers as well as contact info for Chemtreck.

Section Four, Safety

31.All members shall be required to educate themselves on the visible signs of dehydration and/or heat stroke. Member must be knowledgeable in the emergency treatment and action required to prevent further damage or death to employee or public.

32.Members shall be proficient in the proper placement of ladders regarding correct angle of slant. Member must be able to explain in detail the proper way to tie off a ladder to ensure no movement will occur. (See ANSI Standards)

33.Members shall be proficient in fall safety, the safe use of body harnesses, the inspection of said equipment, and the required times of use of said equipment. Members must also be educated in the proper use of anchoring systems associated with the use of these systems.

34.Members shall be proficient in the safe manner of accessing, ascending and walking a roof. Members must receive training for proper roof traversing techniques.

35.Members shall be proficient in the use and operation of high lift equipment that may be used on roofs. Members must be trained and checked out by the company safety officer before using high lifts.

36.Members shall use respirators and or nuisance gas masks. Members will be trained in the proper use, care and storage of respirators. Employers must have a OSHA respirator program in place that is applicable with the type of mask in use.

37.Members must shall use safety eye wear / face shield whenever mixing or spraying chemicals and or during operation of equipment that creates potential for eye accidents. Members will undergo training for the use of eye protection.

38.Whereas State or Federal DOT requires operators to have a commercial drivers license and or other endorsements, members will comply with this requirement.

39.Members shall insure that remaining chemical containers are cleaned out after use and discarded in accordance to their local municipalities’ regulations.

40.Members shall inspect and rate their equipment regularly to insure that the equipment standards are met avoiding damage to customers roofs as well as possible safety risks.

Section Five, Education

41.Members shall be required to attend a "First Aid and CPR" class taught by and documented at their local AmericanRedCrossCenter or some other qualified training center, such as police or EMS facilities.. Once the class is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

42.Members shall be required to attend a "ladder safety and inspection" class. Once the class is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

43.Members shall be required to attend a “Personal Safety Equipment (PSE)” class. Once the class is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

44.Members shall complete a “fall protection training and certification” class. Once the class is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

45.Members shall complete a DOT safety review. This is a free service. Once the review is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

46.Members shall complete proper training for “application of roof cleaning solutions”to ensure that the roof life is extended and no damages occur. Member must also explain the recommended procedure for collection of "run-off" cleaning solution. Classes for this type of training are available. Once the class is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

47.Members shall receive hands on instruction by an RCIA Certified Master Instructor in the field or applicable lab environment. Once the class is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

48.Members shall attend small business workshops and or utilize entrepreneurial centers in their area.Once the class is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

49.Members can receive all of the above training from their employer and or a vocational school if the training programs are on file with the RCIA. Once the employer or vocational school training is successfully completed documentation shall be provided to the RCIA certification committee.

50.Members shall complete a total of 12 credits (6 Hours) of annual Continuing Educational Units, (CEUs) for recertification yearly. Receipts, Certificates, Accreditations or alike will need to be scanned and forwarded by e-mail to the RCIA Certification Committee before recertification can be completed.



-- Edited by AC Lockyer on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 10:31:12 AM

-- Edited by AC Lockyer on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 10:50:07 AM

-- Edited by garyw on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 10:50:41 AM

-- Edited by AC Lockyer on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 10:52:03 AM

-- Edited by AC Lockyer on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 10:53:48 AM

-- Edited by AC Lockyer on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 03:55:44 PM

__________________


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date:
Permalink Closed

I think there's an extra 45 snuck in between 43 & 44. If I'm not mistaken I think a 30 hour OSHA certification should cover 42, 43, 45, & 44. Please consider this for this would help check off a lot of these requirements in one fell swoop.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1578
Date:
Permalink Closed

Voted

__________________

Dwayne Miller
FLORIDAWASH
safe roof cleaning

Lake Marion Citrus & Sumter Counties in Florida


facebook-logo.jpg twitter_logo_small.png



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 336
Date:
Permalink Closed

Looks like we are one more step towards the future!!!! They all look sound great and ya'll are doing such a great job, Keep it up!!!!

__________________

Will's Roof & Exterior Cleaning
           William Brewer
             

            830-660-9849        

 



Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date:
Permalink Closed

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

I think there's an extra 45 snuck in between 43 & 44. If I'm not mistaken I think a 30 hour OSHA certification should cover 42, 43, 45, & 44. Please consider this for this would help check off a lot of these requirements in one fell swoop.



I agree. I already have OSHA certification and all this was covered, plus others. I also have Hazmat certification. Example see my web site under " Safety".

Ohter then the above, looks professional.

Thanks

 



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



ETERNAL MEMBER-RESTING IN PEACE

Status: Offline
Posts: 112
Date:
Permalink Closed

Not to be a PITA, but I know that I am so it doesn't really matter.  In the second paragraph "We want those perusing.... the dream"  Believe it should be changed to persuing the dream"  One is not looking over a menu, or flipping thought magazines, but, actually putting in place active elements (goals) to work toward and reaching the dream of a successful business. Sorry AC, love you  like a brother (son) you know that. I saw you were born in 1969, my first of 3 years in VN, fun time for all, you in diapers and me dodging bullets, well anyway all but 2.

#11 wither changed to whether

Section One: As in most orginizations that are Professional, there is a standard format, modified to each companies business, this is detailed in what papers, forms, guidelines are to be used and how they are filled out with basic information.  This is pointed out in the points, however, will the RCIA have a basic format of documents as a guideline so all members are on the same page, so to say?  These forms or documents would then be added to by each business to be specific to them and their area.  i.e. West Coast is different than East Coast.

Section Two: Equipment it is self explanatory, use the proper equipment in the proper manner.  Following USDOT guidelines will RCIA post relavent paragraph citations so we are all compilent.  Understanding this should be known and followed already by members, however, a guide or fact sheet just makes the organization stronger more professional.

Section Three: Chemicals, good pointing out the bad ones for the environment.  Maybe in continuing education for members, a chemical class to enhance knowledge of what to use and what not to use together.  Most do this already, "can I use this chemical or that chemical", knowledge is power and the wrong chemical can cause great damage.

Section Four: Safety is stressed in every business, how many safe days without accidents.  Just drive down the road an look at the signs for the very large companies they tell you how they are doing.  They also have a very large manuel of guidelines that everyone reads and signs.  Continuing education as well. The RCIA can give me these 10 points to be followed or used, but how will the RCIA know that I am complient or following the guidelines as a small business of 2 or 3 people? Do we send in an annual check sheet or go to continuing education class.

Section Five: Education CPR, all should already have or in process, this is general safety knowledge, life saving techniques.  This is not a comment about the RCIA, if you have children, or are in business already, etc., etc.

42-45- tall order to RCIA member, can as asked in an earlier post OSHA certification be used, or will RCIA give in depth fact sheet or training to certify? Will be big added expense to some completing requirements or certifying same.

45 #2 & 46 - Where will the classes be given and when at a round table, once a year? If locally by who, a traveling training instructor? or going to a larger business in you area (competition?) for training, good points, but a grey area.

49 - RCIA certified school - great idea, much needed education, however what is the cost?, where & when.  I know it all needs to be ratified by the membership and this is an evolving organization with growing pains.

After ratification by membership, where do all previous certified members stand, some will find it hard to complete the requirements if having to pay or wait for training to continue the certification or are they grandfathered without the requirements for new member certification?  This is just a question, don't take it the wrong way.  I understand the previous 50 points and the requirements for the membership, we all want a professional and creditable organization.

The more we do to be proactive the less we have to do to be reactive to OSHA, EPA, USDOT and anyother government agency out there who wants to put a hand in our business by placing more restrictions or requirements on us. 

This is all just my opinion and we all know about those, this document was difficult to put together for the members by AC and the board.  It is a great step in the right direction, it puts us on the road to being creditable and professional as we have every right to be, however, by not taking these first steps.  We are only going to open up the RCIA to rules, regulations and restrictions imposed by others. 

-- Edited by Redfisherman on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 09:26:19 AM

-- Edited by Redfisherman on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 09:29:29 AM

__________________
Fred Winters
Home Maintenance Services
941.628.9558


Forum Administrator Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2720
Date:
Permalink Closed

Thats GREAT! You are a couple steps ahead of everybody else. Just goes to show how some people take professionialism seriously. You can serve as an example as to why this is needed.
Thanks
Gary

__________________

 

Roof Cleaning Louisville Kentucky | Qwik Roof Cleaners
Louisville Kentucky 

 Click here to visit our website

Roof Stain Removal Louisville Ky

CONCRETE CLEANING / FENCE / DECK RESTORATION

HOT WATER STEAM CLEANING

502-773-1730



deleted member

Status: Offline
Posts: 558
Date:
Permalink Closed

I voted. Are y'all gonna post the names of those who voted after the voting deadline? This is America and it should be a secret ballot, but IMO there would be more accountability if you posted a list of who voted. Obviously it would be an individual decision whether or not to dicuss your vote. BTW I voted against it for several reasons.

__________________

Roof Stain Removers
Wilmington, NC


Art Green
910-622-7942


Roof Cleaning Wilmington North Carolina


art@roofstainremovers.co

Roof Cleaning Wilmington, NC On Facebook

Roof Stain Removers Blog



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:
Permalink Closed

Section Four Safety

#35  I strongly feel for any RCIA roof cleaning member who either own or rents a lift the operator must be certified.  This certification should include or exceed the ANSI A92.5 Boom-Supported Elevating work platform equipment safe operation training.  To become certified requires class & equipment operation training.  This certification will also meet OSHA standards for operating this type of equipment which will prevent any OSHA fines.  

Also, this is like a state CDL license for operating vehicles with air brakes & the gross weight being over 26,001 lbs which is required which many operators don't have.

These are certification & licenses that Vertical Lift Services carries to protect ourselves from receiving heavy fines & helping to keep our insurances premiums lower.


                                            RoofandConcreteCleaning.com
                                                                 by
                                                  Vertical Lift Services, Inc.

                                             Steve@VerticalLiftServices.com
                                                        704-791-8315



__________________

Steve Babcock

Soft Wash Wizzard

Roof Cleaning Charlotte NC

Soft Washing Harrisburg North Carolina

 

 


 




none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date:
Permalink Closed

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

I think there's an extra 45 snuck in between 43 & 44. If I'm not mistaken I think a 30 hour OSHA certification should cover 42, 43, 45, & 44. Please consider this for this would help check off a lot of these requirements in one fell swoop.



Yes there will be options out there that will allow for "checking" off multiple educational standards at once. These are supposed to be "points" so we tried to keep each one a stand alone point.

AC

 



__________________


Forum Administrator Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2720
Date:
Permalink Closed

Redfisherman wrote:

Not to be a PITA, but I know that I am so it doesn't really matter.  In the second paragraph "We want those perusing.... the dream"  Believe it should be changed to persuing the dream"  One is not looking over a menu, or flipping thought magazines, but, actually putting in place active elements (goals) to work toward and reaching the dream of a successful business. Sorry AC, love you  like a brother (son) you know that. I saw you were born in 1969, my first of 3 years in VN, fun time for all, you in diapers and me dodging bullets, well anyway all but 2.

#11 wither changed to whether

Section One: As in most orginizations that are Professional, there is a standard format, modified to each companies business, this is detailed in what papers, forms, guidelines are to be used and how they are filled out with basic information.  This is pointed out in the points, however, will the RCIA have a basic format of documents as a guideline so all members are on the same page, so to say?  These forms or documents would then be added to by each business to be specific to them and their area.  i.e. West Coast is different than East Coast.

Section Two: Equipment it is self explanatory, use the proper equipment in the proper manner.  Following USDOT guidelines will RCIA post relavent paragraph citations so we are all compilent.  Understanding this should be known and followed already by members, however, a guide or fact sheet just makes the organization stronger more professional.

Section Three: Chemicals, good pointing out the bad ones for the environment.  Maybe in continuing education for members, a chemical class to enhance knowledge of what to use and what not to use together.  Most do this already, "can I use this chemical or that chemical", knowledge is power and the wrong chemical can cause great damage.

Section Four: Safety is stressed in every business, how many safe days without accidents.  Just drive down the road an look at the signs for the very large companies they tell you how they are doing.  They also have a very large manuel of guidelines that everyone reads and signs.  Continuing education as well. The RCIA can give me these 10 points to be followed or used, but how will the RCIA know that I am complient or following the guidelines as a small business of 2 or 3 people? Do we send in an annual check sheet or go to continuing education class.

Section Five: Education CPR, all should already have or in process, this is general safety knowledge, life saving techniques.  This is not a comment about the RCIA, if you have children, or are in business already, etc., etc.

42-45- tall order to RCIA member, can as asked in an earlier post OSHA certification be used, or will RCIA give in depth fact sheet or training to certify? Will be big added expense to some completing requirements or certifying same.

45 #2 & 46 - Where will the classes be given and when at a round table, once a year? If locally by who, a traveling training instructor? or going to a larger business in you area (competition?) for training, good points, but a grey area.

49 - RCIA certified school - great idea, much needed education, however what is the cost?, where & when.  I know it all needs to be ratified by the membership and this is an evolving organization with growing pains.

After ratification by membership, where do all previous certified members stand, some will find it hard to complete the requirements if having to pay or wait for training to continue the certification or are they grandfathered without the requirements for new member certification?  This is just a question, don't take it the wrong way.  I understand the previous 50 points and the requirements for the membership, we all want a professional and creditable organization.

The more we do to be proactive the less we have to do to be reactive to OSHA, EPA, USDOT and anyother government agency out there who wants to put a hand in our business by placing more restrictions or requirements on us. 

This is all just my opinion and we all know about those, this document was difficult to put together for the members by AC and the board.  It is a great step in the right direction, it puts us on the road to being creditable and professional as we have every right to be, however, by not taking these first steps.  We are only going to open up the RCIA to rules, regulations and restrictions imposed by others. 

-- Edited by Redfisherman on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 09:26:19 AM

-- Edited by Redfisherman on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 09:29:29 AM



Very good points brought up.

There are several different ways to express what was being conveyed in the opening address. Your may be a better way and wil  be addressed.

Section 1.  RCIA is about to offer standard business forms for all aspects of a Roof Cleaning business, modifyable to each separate business, with all Logos available, at a very reasonable cost.

Section 2  Equipment use will be addressed thru the use of webinars and live talk shows (Gary & Jerry show) that will feature special guests that are proficient and certified within whatever field they are presenting about. These presentations will also be used for providing the Continuing Education Credits that will be required for annual re-certification.

Section 3 & section 4
These will also be addressed and training and documentation provided thru the facilities referred to in section 2 above. These types of technology will play a very important role in our certification process. Archivable documentation is also available through these systems.

Section 5   Everyone who performs the type of work sanctioned by RCIA should have a great knowledge of the possible hazards that can strike on a daily basis. Being trained in the arts of medical assistance could possibly save the life of a employee or family member.  Training in OSHA principles will satisfy these requirements for the most part, with supplemental training provided through RCIA training guidelines. Training schools and Instructors will be a added feature of RCIA
membership. We are developing certification guidelines for RCIA Instructors, who will have the ability to conduct RCIA certification at various locations set up by them at their home locations. As stated before, any member who currently holds a certification, will maintain that certification until 12-31-2011. At that time they will be required to pass these new certification principles,  Any classes completed prior to this will be applied to the new requirements.

Hopefully this will answer some of the concerns everyone will have. Changes will be made as we progress, and this will be a work in progress for the near future. Your help in drafting any needed changes is appreciated.
Gary

 



__________________

 

Roof Cleaning Louisville Kentucky | Qwik Roof Cleaners
Louisville Kentucky 

 Click here to visit our website

Roof Stain Removal Louisville Ky

CONCRETE CLEANING / FENCE / DECK RESTORATION

HOT WATER STEAM CLEANING

502-773-1730



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date:
Permalink Closed

Roof Stain Removers wrote:

I voted. Are y'all gonna post the names of those who voted after the voting deadline? This is America and it should be a secret ballot, but IMO there would be more accountability if you posted a list of who voted. Obviously it would be an individual decision whether or not to dicuss your vote. BTW I voted against it for several reasons.




I voted NO as well.   This is far too much like Big Government.  Something tells me this vote will follow closely with party lines.

For those that have the drive, creativity, business savvy and common business sense, join me in voting NO on this.

Feel free to call me if you'd like hear additional rationale.

(To the Board - with the RCIA having become 'For Profit', and seeing the results of the vote so far, this will end up damaging your bottom line unless the results change during the voting process.  It's essentially splitting your current potential revenue base.)

Respectfully,
Ted

 



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 89
Date:
Permalink Closed

Gary,  did you mean current certificaions will be valid only thru 12/31/2010?  You stated 12/31/2011. 

                                        RoofandConcreteCleaning.com
                                                             by
                                             Vertical Lift Services, Inc.

                                         Steve@VerticalLiftServices.com
                                                      704-791-8315

__________________

Steve Babcock

Soft Wash Wizzard

Roof Cleaning Charlotte NC

Soft Washing Harrisburg North Carolina

 

 


 




none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date:
Permalink Closed

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

I think there's an extra 45 snuck in between 43 & 44. If I'm not mistaken I think a 30 hour OSHA certification should cover 42, 43, 45, & 44. Please consider this for this would help check off a lot of these requirements in one fell swoop.



I also fixed the extra point in education. sorry it was 1 am when I finished this.

AC

 



__________________


ETERNAL MEMBER-RESTING IN PEACE

Status: Offline
Posts: 112
Date:
Permalink Closed

Again, just my own opinion.  This is a work in progress, here is where we are, there is where we would like to go.  The points as written are not set it stone, I understood that, they are flexible.  There has to be a starting point, this is it.  

By voting yes, one is not saying don't make changes, I agree in principle, but I will voice my opinion and suggest changes.  By voting no, isn't going to make it go away, the process has started, we all need to have input into this process.

The manuel of standard forms, practices, procedures and requirements is what I meant earlier.  A basic operations manuel not a How to Book.

Everyone working together will only benefit the organization giving the RCIA the legitimate claim to Certified Rood Cleaning Professional.  This will also give your customers the secure feeling that you know what you are doing and not going to wreck their home. 

-- Edited by Redfisherman on Thursday 23rd of December 2010 10:35:53 AM

__________________
Fred Winters
Home Maintenance Services
941.628.9558


none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date:
Permalink Closed

Central Iowa Roof Cleaning 515-971-1430 wrote:

 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

I think there's an extra 45 snuck in between 43 & 44. If I'm not mistaken I think a 30 hour OSHA certification should cover 42, 43, 45, & 44. Please consider this for this would help check off a lot of these requirements in one fell swoop.



I agree. I already have OSHA certification and all this was covered, plus others. I also have Hazmat certification. Example see my web site under " Safety".

Ohter then the above, looks professional.

Thanks

 

 



Bruce,

Then you would submit those docs to the RCIA Cert Com. for your certification. Great head start.

AC

 



__________________


none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date:
Permalink Closed

Roof Stain Removers wrote:

I voted. Are y'all gonna post the names of those who voted after the voting deadline? This is America and it should be a secret ballot, but IMO there would be more accountability if you posted a list of who voted. Obviously it would be an individual decision whether or not to dicuss your vote. BTW I voted against it for several reasons.




we would love to know the reasons so we can make sure the document is the best we can offer.

 

Thanks,

AC



__________________


none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date:
Permalink Closed

Vertical Lift Services wrote:

 

Section Four Safety

#35  I strongly feel for any RCIA roof cleaning member who either own or rents a lift the operator must be certified.  This certification should include or exceed the ANSI A92.5 Boom-Supported Elevating work platform equipment safe operation training.  To become certified requires class & equipment operation training.  This certification will also meet OSHA standards for operating this type of equipment which will prevent any OSHA fines.  

Also, this is like a state CDL license for operating vehicles with air brakes & the gross weight being over 26,001 lbs which is required which many operators don't have.

These are certification & licenses that Vertical Lift Services carries to protect ourselves from receiving heavy fines & helping to keep our insurances premiums lower.


RoofandConcreteCleaning.com
by
Vertical Lift Services, Inc.

Steve@VerticalLiftServices.com
704-791-8315

 




Steve,

yes ANSI regs will be covered in technical bulitens that will be released covering the various points.

Also some operators will not fall into DOT's jurisdiction. Some will. Either way every RCIA member must know the regs and where they sit with the DOT. Most RCIA members are transporting hazardous materials on the roads. It is their responsibility to make sure they comply with DOT regs.

AC



__________________


Forum Administrator Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2720
Date:
Permalink Closed

Vertical Lift Services wrote:

Gary,  did you mean current certificaions will be valid only thru 12/31/2010?  You stated 12/31/2011. 

                                        RoofandConcreteCleaning.com
                                                             by
                                             Vertical Lift Services, Inc.

                                         Steve@VerticalLiftServices.com
                                                      704-791-8315



Current certifications will be valid thru 12-31-2011

 



__________________

 

Roof Cleaning Louisville Kentucky | Qwik Roof Cleaners
Louisville Kentucky 

 Click here to visit our website

Roof Stain Removal Louisville Ky

CONCRETE CLEANING / FENCE / DECK RESTORATION

HOT WATER STEAM CLEANING

502-773-1730



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Date:
Permalink Closed

Voted

Where did the results go?

__________________

                                     

1 2 36  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard