The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Done for the season


Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Nov 11, 2010
Done for the season
Permalink  
 


Decided to pack everything up for the season. Of course I have received estmate calls since doing so. LOL Next spring. Weather has turned to rain and temp is dropping to the 20's.

Let me say when I started the end of the summer I thought a job here and a job there would be good for a start up. Well in the last three months I have cleaned 3 to 5 roofs a week plus work for the railroad.

I am going to take the winter to put together a major marketing/education program. Basicly put all the money I have made back into the business. I am off tomorrow to buy a Ford F-250 for my new rig next spring. In short, not stopping just taking this to the next level.

I want to thank all of you here on RCIA for all the advice and feedback. At 60 years old, because of RCIA, I now have something for life after retirement. LOL

Both Kim and me thank you all..

Attachments
__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1508
Date: Nov 11, 2010
Permalink  
 

 Good job Bruce. What kind of marketing are you doing?

__________________

ACE PAINTING
Tom Buczak 216-323-0552

Check out our website.

 

        



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1578
Date: Nov 11, 2010
Permalink  
 

Congats Bruce! Good to see it is working out well for you. Maybe you can research some more of what we were discussing a couple weeks ago.

You may be done for the season, but I bet you will be here more lol!!

__________________

Dwayne Miller
FLORIDAWASH
safe roof cleaning

Lake Marion Citrus & Sumter Counties in Florida


facebook-logo.jpg twitter_logo_small.png



Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Nov 11, 2010
Permalink  
 

Washed-up wrote:

Congats Bruce! Good to see it is working out well for you. Maybe you can research some more of what we were discussing a couple weeks ago.

You may be done for the season, but I bet you will be here more lol!!



I plan on doing alot of research. Let's say in touch and follow up. yeah, I'll be on here as I am everyday if possible. LOL

 



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Nov 11, 2010
Permalink  
 

ACE wrote:

 Good job Bruce. What kind of marketing are you doing?



Going to do some cable TV ads and educate home owners about roof cleaning vs. replacing a roof. Newpaper ads and targeted marketing.

 



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1400
Date: Nov 11, 2010
Permalink  
 

Good luck Bruce!

__________________

Professional Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing services company in
Houston Tx, Katy Tx, Fulshear Tx,
Richmond Tx, Sugar Land Tx,
Roof Cleaning Power Washing Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif
Katy, Texas
www.k-mpw.com
Roof Cleaning Pictures Houston Tx
Facebook



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Nov 12, 2010
Permalink  
 

I thought I was putting up the trailer for the year, Temps are close but still getting a call or 2.

We washed till nov, 27th last year. It gets up to 60 right now, 30s at night. Can still just do it. had to beef up wash mix a lil, on a house wash this week. Got a roof Tuesday. Almost verticle shingles.

This may be tricky with the temps. Here some pics I took. This getting done Tuesday. Hey Best wishes to ya for next year. Stay in touch, - Mike!


-- Edited by gutterdog on Friday 12th of November 2010 11:21:43 AM

Attachments
__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Nov 14, 2010
Permalink  
 

gutterdog wrote:

I thought I was putting up the trailer for the year, Temps are close but still getting a call or 2.

We washed till nov, 27th last year. It gets up to 60 right now, 30s at night. Can still just do it. had to beef up wash mix a lil, on a house wash this week. Got a roof Tuesday. Almost verticle shingles.

This may be tricky with the temps. Here some pics I took. This getting done Tuesday. Hey Best wishes to ya for next year. Stay in touch, - Mike!


-- Edited by gutterdog on Friday 12th of November 2010 11:21:43 AM



Thanks bro. keep up the good work and hope the calls keep coming. I still get them also and have booked for the spring. I'll be in touch. Later bro.

 



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1247
Date: Nov 14, 2010
Permalink  
 

Sully, you can still clean roofs in as cold as 35 degrees with a good strong mix.

50/50- sodium hypochlorite / HOT water ratio

2-4 ounces / gallon TSP

64 ounces Isopropol Alcohol / 40 gallons of mix.

16-32 ounces / 40 gallons of mix Myristamine Oxide.
Depends on pitch.

Use the hot water connection on your washing machine in your laundry room.

Simply attach a brass Y adapter with a short hose long enough to reach out your window and attach another hose from your trailer to fill your roof tank.

-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Pro Greensboro NC (336)362 7659 on Sunday 14th of November 2010 08:33:15 AM

__________________


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certifiied Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1439
Date: Nov 14, 2010
Permalink  
 

Central Iowa Roof Cleaning 515-971-1430 wrote:

Going to do some cable TV ads and educate home owners about roof cleaning vs. replacing a roof. Newpaper ads and targeted marketing.



We are currently looking into the same thing Cable TV we set up an appointment to meet with them next week.

Bruce and Kim enjoy your winter break & keep warm!

 



__________________

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Logo

517-798-5800

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Metro Detroit 

Get a FREE Roof Cleaning Estimate - See Our Picture Gallery Here

Roof Cleaning MI



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1172
Date: Nov 14, 2010
Permalink  
 

gutterdog wrote:




I thought I was putting up the trailer for the year, Temps are close but still getting a call or 2.

We washed till nov, 27th last year. It gets up to 60 right now, 30s at night. Can still just do it. had to beef up wash mix a lil, on a house wash this week. Got a roof Tuesday. Almost verticle shingles.

This may be tricky with the temps. Here some pics I took. This getting done Tuesday. Hey Best wishes to ya for next year. Stay in touch, - Mike!


-- Edited by gutterdog on Friday 12th of November 2010 11:21:43 AM





good luck on that Mansard roof Mike, I have yet done one but cant wait till I do , let us know how this turns out

Have a blessed winter Bruce and let us know how this marketing turns out, Im really interested in this cable tv , I did locale TV this past yr and never heard anything from it , but I know it did get peoples  attention

 Dave

-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Missouri 417-230-8103 on Sunday 14th of November 2010 10:47:55 AM

__________________

Elite Roof Cleaners
Roof Cleaning Missouri & Kansas City

 65808-64108

417-230-8103 * 913-839-6577
RoofcleaningMissouri

RoofcleaningKansas



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 606
Date: Nov 15, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Pro Greensboro NC (336)362 7659 wrote:

Sully, you can still clean roofs in as cold as 35 degrees with a good strong mix.

50/50- sodium hypochlorite / HOT water ratio

2-4 ounces / gallon TSP

64 ounces Isopropol Alcohol / 40 gallons of mix.

16-32 ounces / 40 gallons of mix Myristamine Oxide.
Depends on pitch.

Use the hot water connection on your washing machine in your laundry room.

Simply attach a brass Y adapter with a short hose long enough to reach out your window and attach another hose from your trailer to fill your roof tank.

-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Pro Greensboro NC (336)362 7659 on Sunday 14th of November 2010 08:33:15 AM



I've been using hot water in my mix for the last 3 weeks or so. We have frost on the shingles here until about 8:30 in the morning and we are cleaning roofs by 9:00 or 9:30. The hot water makes a HUGE difference. I'm actually touching up less spots on roofs in this cold weather because I am using the hot water.

This is the first year I have tried the hot water and I will never go back. I'm going to put in an instantly heated hot water system at my place this winter. A regular hot water heater isn't big enough for two trucks to fill up.

Brian

 



__________________

Brian Friel
The Roof Cleaners llc
Oxford PA 19363
610 842 2104

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 244
Date: Nov 15, 2010
Permalink  
 

The Roof Cleaners of Chester County Pennsylvania 610-842-2104 wrote:

Roof Cleaning Pro Greensboro NC (336)362 7659 wrote:

Sully, you can still clean roofs in as cold as 35 degrees with a good strong mix.

50/50- sodium hypochlorite / HOT water ratio

2-4 ounces / gallon TSP

64 ounces Isopropol Alcohol / 40 gallons of mix.

16-32 ounces / 40 gallons of mix Myristamine Oxide.
Depends on pitch.

Use the hot water connection on your washing machine in your laundry room.

Simply attach a brass Y adapter with a short hose long enough to reach out your window and attach another hose from your trailer to fill your roof tank.

-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Pro Greensboro NC (336)362 7659 on Sunday 14th of November 2010 08:33:15 AM



I've been using hot water in my mix for the last 3 weeks or so. We have frost on the shingles here until about 8:30 in the morning and we are cleaning roofs by 9:00 or 9:30. The hot water makes a HUGE difference. I'm actually touching up less spots on roofs in this cold weather because I am using the hot water.

This is the first year I have tried the hot water and I will never go back. I'm going to put in an instantly heated hot water system at my place this winter. A regular hot water heater isn't big enough for two trucks to fill up.

Brian

 



Guys,

I also closed up shop this week for the winter. I used the "hot water" tip last week and it worked great. I was worried about my equipment (pump and hoses) freezing at night. If your temps during the day are 35 deg, they must be well below freezing at night.

 



__________________

Shingle Magician Roof Cleaning
585-301-3415
Roof Cleaning Rochester NY
Safe, soft wash roof cleaning Rochester New York area, using a non pressure cleaning solution recommended by shingle manufacturers

Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Spencerport New York



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date: Nov 17, 2010
Permalink  
 

When it gets cold I'm usually done for the season but it seems like we all still get a few calls. What if we could use a water bed type heater on the outside of our tanks to heat the water? Does anyone think this could work? Do they make a heater that can heat the tank from the outside. We don't have to have the water as hot as a water heater for your home.

__________________
Mobile ProWash
Roof And Home Exterior Cleaning


Pacific Missouri 63069

636-221-2582

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard