The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Blowing fuses left and right


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 240
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Blowing fuses left and right
Permalink  
 


I blew 2 fuses on my fat boy today.

Im thinking its because I have a 1' chenical line going in the tank and a 1/2" coming out. Any thoughts?

__________________


Roof Cleaning - Pressure Washing - Window Cleaning
DeJay Brock
Louisville,Kentucky
502.664.1589
Roof Cleaning Louisville KY



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 308
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Is there any way you got your regulator wet. This happen to me. Try pulling the regulator out of it's sleeve and make sure it didn't rust.

__________________

Jim Fuller
A Fuller Service
5 Derry Lane
Latham NY 12110
518-526-5554

http://www.aroofwash.com/

christmaslightsofalbany.com

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

What size tips are you using?

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Tip(s) could be too restrictive, ball valve partially open,  pressure switch might need adjustment - could be a number of things.  I'd remove any tips/wands/ball valves and see how/if it runs with no restrictions.  If it blows a fuse like that, then a pressure switch adjustment might be in order.   Process of elimination.




__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1578
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

yup...unhook all hoses and try it, then work from there. If it's too hot it may blow as well

__________________

Dwayne Miller
FLORIDAWASH
safe roof cleaning

Lake Marion Citrus & Sumter Counties in Florida


facebook-logo.jpg twitter_logo_small.png



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 117
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Is the pump cycling on and off (pulsating) even when the ball valve / gun is continuously open?

__________________

Pat Konen
Curb Appeal of the Southeast, LLC
Charleston, South Carolina
29464, 29466
843-324-4003

No Pressure Roof Cleaning Charleston - Mt. Pleasant SC
Pressure Washing Charleston - Mt. Pleasant SC



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 231
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

I'm dreading the day when my 12v starts acting up in the middle of a job. That's why I have 2! My wiring is mint but it seems there are many things that are non-wiring related causing blown fuses.

__________________

Currently setting up business
Jacksonville, FL



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 645
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Simply Glass wrote:

I blew 2 fuses on my fat boy today.

Im thinking its because I have a 1' chenical line going in the tank and a 1/2" coming out. Any thoughts?




We used to run 1/2" hose and 1" draw and never ever blew a fuse. Make sure you are wired right.

Where is your fuse set up and how is your switch wired.



__________________


Bucks County PA Roof Cleaning

267-477-1107
Free Your Pennsylvania Roof From Fungus
Serving all of Bucks and Montgomery Counties and surrounding areas of Philadelphia
Chalfont, PA 18914




guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1578
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

I had the same problem. It over heated and blew fuses left and right. The next day same thing....mind you, the pump was cold. I pulled the housing (motor side, not pump side) and hand twisted the rotor, put everything back together and fired right over.
It seems that once mine got too hot, it seized up, once I spun it loose, no problem since then.

Hope this helps

-- Edited by Washed-up on Thursday 2nd of September 2010 09:52:43 PM

__________________

Dwayne Miller
FLORIDAWASH
safe roof cleaning

Lake Marion Citrus & Sumter Counties in Florida


facebook-logo.jpg twitter_logo_small.png



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 240
Date: Sep 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Man, Thanks for all the responses so fast.

My pump is well ventilated so it should not be over heating.. I wouldnt think.
My tips are fine.
But I do run my ball valve half open sometimes and today was one of those times.

I guess it will try not to do that and see what happen

Now that I think about it. When I was filling up my tank for tomorrow the ball valve was fully open and pumped in 50gals of sh with out any blown fuses.



__________________


Roof Cleaning - Pressure Washing - Window Cleaning
DeJay Brock
Louisville,Kentucky
502.664.1589
Roof Cleaning Louisville KY



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1213
Date: Sep 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

I think its you running the ball valve half open. When you restrict it that way relay kicks on and off really fast which strains both it and the fuse.

Pressuretek did just start selling these. I have one but have not installed it yet. Bob said its been testing for a few months with zero issues and has eliminated every problem with the fatboy.

http://pressuretek.com/flactamo30.html

__________________




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Sep 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

Simply Glass wrote:

Man, Thanks for all the responses so fast.

My pump is well ventilated so it should not be over heating.. I wouldnt think.
My tips are fine.
But I do run my ball valve half open sometimes and today was one of those times.

I guess it will try not to do that and see what happen

Now that I think about it. When I was filling up my tank for tomorrow the ball valve was fully open and pumped in 50gals of sh with out any blown fuses.




BINGO!!!!  I was using a Delevan 5850 for spraying and no matter what I did I was alays blowing fuses and or frying the pump. 4 to be exact... I now use the same pump but only for transfering chems from one tank to another with ZERO problems.

 



__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1172
Date: Sep 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

I.ve been using fatboys for 2 yrs , never have I blown a fuse and I run with ball valve half open and 1/4 open all  the time.  How far away is your battery from the pump? your wiring should be no more than 18" long.. what size is  the fuse?



__________________

Elite Roof Cleaners
Roof Cleaning Missouri & Kansas City

 65808-64108

417-230-8103 * 913-839-6577
RoofcleaningMissouri

RoofcleaningKansas



none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date: Sep 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

There are two types of Fat Boys.

Demand.

Non Demand.

Id ask Steve at Delvan about this but.... I believe the Demand ones have a pressure switch that shuts off the pump at 45psi and keeps them from burning out.

AC

__________________


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Sep 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

I've never had any probs with my lil 2gpm delavan. Its an on demand pump?

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1578
Date: Sep 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

gutterdog wrote:

I've never had any probs with my lil 2gpm delavan. Its an on demand pump?




 It is if it shuts off after you shut off your nozzle.



__________________

Dwayne Miller
FLORIDAWASH
safe roof cleaning

Lake Marion Citrus & Sumter Counties in Florida


facebook-logo.jpg twitter_logo_small.png



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Sep 3, 2010
Permalink  
 

AC Lockyer wrote:

There are two types of Fat Boys.

Demand.

Non Demand.

Id ask Steve at Delvan about this but.... I believe the Demand ones have a pressure switch that shuts off the pump at 45psi and keeps them from burning out.

AC




"On demand" and "bypass".  Also for our industry the 60PSI pumps should be chosen over the 45 PSI option.  smile



__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 157
Date: Sep 5, 2010
Permalink  
 

DEJAY SORRY BOUT YOUR LUCK ON THAT ONE. BUT HERE IS A GOOD ONE YOU GUYS NEED TO GO TO YOUTUBE AND WATCH THE GUY TELLNG YOU HOW TO HOOK ONE OF THOSE PUMPS UP, HES SHOWING YOU HOW TO BLOW IT UP. ALL YOU NEED IS A FUSE HOLDER A 25 WATT FUSE, A PUMP, BATTERY, BATTERY BOX IS YOU WANT HEAT SHRINK, DONT FORGET A SWITCH IF NEEDED, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST 12G WIRE.

__________________
Mark 941-726-7082


none

Status: Offline
Posts: 692
Date: Sep 5, 2010
Permalink  
 

NoPressure wrote:

DEJAY SORRY BOUT YOUR LUCK ON THAT ONE. BUT HERE IS A GOOD ONE YOU GUYS NEED TO GO TO YOUTUBE AND WATCH THE GUY TELLNG YOU HOW TO HOOK ONE OF THOSE PUMPS UP, HES SHOWING YOU HOW TO BLOW IT UP. ALL YOU NEED IS A FUSE HOLDER A 25 WATT FUSE, A PUMP, BATTERY, BATTERY BOX IS YOU WANT HEAT SHRINK, DONT FORGET A SWITCH IF NEEDED, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST 12G WIRE.



Great tip no pressure!

 



__________________


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 240
Date: Sep 5, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Missouri 417-230-8103 wrote:

I.ve been using fatboys for 2 yrs , never have I blown a fuse and I run with ball valve half open and 1/4 open all  the time.  How far away is your battery from the pump? your wiring should be no more than 18" long.. what size is  the fuse?




 My wiring is about a foot and Im using a 30amp fuse. I took off the switch I was using to turn it on and off and now Im thinking the swith was the problem



Attachments
__________________


Roof Cleaning - Pressure Washing - Window Cleaning
DeJay Brock
Louisville,Kentucky
502.664.1589
Roof Cleaning Louisville KY

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard