The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Regulator on 12V Delavans


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 639
Date: Oct 1, 2009
Regulator on 12V Delavans
Permalink  
 


Did you know that if you add a regulator to you Delavan chemical pump, you can extend the life up to 50%?

Call or email Lori and ask for the diagram by Delavan.


__________________

 

Pressure Washer Products, 800-519-9279, 727-424-6600, roof cleaning systems, roof cleaning chemicals, air diaphragm pumps

Pressure Washer Products.com

(800) 519-9279

(727) 562-5488 Outside USA

sales@pressurewasherproducts.com

DISTRIBUTORS OF SOFT WASH EQUIPMENT, SOFT WASH CHEMICAL 

PRESSURE WASHERS & HIGH PRESSURE ACCESSORIES

 ONLY Call/Email Lori for Set-Up Help



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1342
Date: Oct 2, 2009
Permalink  
 

Hi Lori, It's great of you to come here and offer deals and help where ever you can.
I don't use the electric pumps, but I've always thought about getting rid of the electric switch and using a regulator or,...as I call it a by-pass valve. This would eliminate the on and off of the electric switch and get rid of what seems to be one of the pitfalls guys seem to run into with these pumps. The pump would run constantly though, I suppose they would handle that easy enough, as they would usually be running fluid through them helping with cooling.

I've just always wondered why it seems no one speaks much about running a by-pass and eliminating the switch?

Jeff

__________________

Raystown Roof Cleaning
Central, Pa

(814) 644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322

Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania

Huntingdon, State College, Lewistown, Altoona









Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 606
Date: Oct 2, 2009
Permalink  
 

Would the continuous running drain the battery at a much faster rate? I would assume that would become an issue.

The biggest detriment to any electric motor is rapid cycling on and off. It will actually cause bad spots in the windings of the electric motor.

Brian



__________________

Brian Friel
The Roof Cleaners llc
Oxford PA 19363
610 842 2104

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 387
Date: Oct 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

Delevan makes a bypass model for the 5800 and FatBoy series. When Lori says regulator does she mean bypass? I'm no pump engineer but I don't think a bypass would regulate the flow. A bypass would only mean that the flow would always be on.

Charles

__________________

Charles Emanuel
904-657-9134



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

Here is how mine is, I finally popped a manifold on the Zeta, so I finally used the 12 volt.

I use 3/8 hose, cuz I have it.( no comments )

Picture #1 shows how temporary it really is..
Picture #2 has the clear braided line going from 1/2" to a T ( 1/2 - 3/8 - 1/2) .

It goes 1/2" from the pump to "T" then 1/2" bypass with a plastic valve to adjust the flow on the roof to a 3/8" to the wand.

Sounds confusing but easily done. AND works great, no cycling of the pump.



Attachments
__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

It took a half hour to set it up. I figure that it saved me at least 1 hour in travel.

__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 182
Date: Nov 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

David, so are you able to regulate your flow with the current setup?  What kind of nozzle(s) are you using? 

__________________

Bill Timmerman

Midwest Improvement Services

Roof Cleaning Ohio

Ohio Roofing

(937) 231-7249
        



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

Now thats a good question..hmm they're blue and do a fan pattern. I'll have to get a picture.

-- Edited by Reef Property Services on Tuesday 3rd of November 2009 07:51:49 PM

__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

Here they are - Spray tips
I buy them locally though.

__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Date: Nov 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

How long have you been using thos tips? Do they really out last the metal tips?

__________________

Jeromy Ashcraft

Satcahr - Handyman Services

www.satcahr.com

Done once, Done right!



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 182
Date: Nov 3, 2009
Permalink  
 

Really.  Plastic.  I haven't seen anyone else using plastic nozzles.  The most common sizes I've seen on here go from 40 to 80.  From the website, it looks like yours are only available up to 40.  Am I reading that right?  How long do they last for you?  From your previous post, are you able to adjust the flow with your current setup?  I'm looking to move to a FatBoy but was told it had to be full blast or off to avoid blowing it up.

__________________

Bill Timmerman

Midwest Improvement Services

Roof Cleaning Ohio

Ohio Roofing

(937) 231-7249
        



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 4, 2009
Permalink  
 

Satcahr wrote:

How long have you been using thos tips? Do they really out last the metal tips?






The corrosiveness kills metal, I have been using them for 3 years. If you drag them on a roof tile the will get messed up.

__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 4, 2009
Permalink  
 

BillT wrote:

Really.  Plastic.  I haven't seen anyone else using plastic nozzles.  The most common sizes I've seen on here go from 40 to 80.  From the website, it looks like yours are only available up to 40.  Am I reading that right?  How long do they last for you?  From your previous post, are you able to adjust the flow with your current setup?  I'm looking to move to a FatBoy but was told it had to be full blast or off to avoid blowing it up.





We use them with the Zeta and a its a bypass pump.
IF you regulate or bypass the Delavan you can use any tip you want providing the bypass is allowing enough flow back to the tank. ( so that it doesn't cycle )

Oh and those bypass models they sell bypass internally.(unless they changed them)

-- Edited by Reef Property Services on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 06:59:06 AM

__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 4, 2009
Permalink  
 

I use the plastic spray tips as well. Its tough to figure out what size they are. I can never find a # on them. I use the dark green ones though. They do last a long time.

__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 4, 2009
Permalink  
 

Its right on the tip Larry, maybe ya need to put on the glasses.


__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Nov 4, 2009
Permalink  
 

Reef Property Services wrote:

BillT wrote:

Really.  Plastic.  I haven't seen anyone else using plastic nozzles.  The most common sizes I've seen on here go from 40 to 80.  From the website, it looks like yours are only available up to 40.  Am I reading that right?  How long do they last for you?  From your previous post, are you able to adjust the flow with your current setup?  I'm looking to move to a FatBoy but was told it had to be full blast or off to avoid blowing it up.




 


We use them with the Zeta and a its a bypass pump.
IF you regulate or bypass the Delavan you can use any tip you want providing the bypass is allowing enough flow back to the tank. ( so that it doesn't cycle )

Oh and those bypass models they sell bypass internally.(unless they changed them)

-- Edited by Reef Property Services on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 06:59:06 AM





That Udor Zeta has not quit or leaked on you, yet David ?

I had 3 of them, finally gave up.
One still in my shed, lying around, it is broken too.


 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 4, 2009
Permalink  
 

Had a manifold pop yesterday. That makes the 1st or 2nd in 3 years.

__________________
David O'Connell Jr.



Assistant Administrator

Status: Offline
Posts: 87
Date: Nov 4, 2009
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Reef Property Services wrote:

BillT wrote:

Really.  Plastic.  I haven't seen anyone else using plastic nozzles.  The most common sizes I've seen on here go from 40 to 80.  From the website, it looks like yours are only available up to 40.  Am I reading that right?  How long do they last for you?  From your previous post, are you able to adjust the flow with your current setup?  I'm looking to move to a FatBoy but was told it had to be full blast or off to avoid blowing it up.




 


We use them with the Zeta and a its a bypass pump.
IF you regulate or bypass the Delavan you can use any tip you want providing the bypass is allowing enough flow back to the tank. ( so that it doesn't cycle )

Oh and those bypass models they sell bypass internally.(unless they changed them)

-- Edited by Reef Property Services on Wednesday 4th of November 2009 06:59:06 AM



That Udor Zeta has not quit or leaked on you, yet David ?

I had 3 of them, finally gave up.
One still in my shed, lying around, it is broken too.


 






Chris the trick , if you will, with the Zeta is to not max it out. I rarely put it above 50 psi.

__________________
David O'Connell Jr.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard