The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: PICTURES of "Rigs", Trailers, Trucks


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Date:
PICTURES of "Rigs", Trailers, Trucks
Permalink  
 


Here are some pics of Prestige Pressure Washing & Roof Cleaning "Rig"
Serving Cincinnati, Columbus, & Dayton, Ohio.

-- Edited by PrestigePressure on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 05:53:48 PM

Attachments
__________________

Prestige Pressure Washing and Roof Cleaning
Roof Cleaning Dayton Ohio
Pressure Washing Dayton OH

888-477-9274
         Proudly Cleaning Ohio & Indiana since 2007
4633 W Wenger Rd.
Clayton, OH  45315



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Date:
Permalink  
 

Indiana Roof Cleaners wrote:

Woodytwin,

Have you tried looking on Craigslist for a flatbed truck? We looked at various auction sites, Craigslist, etc. and there are a number of good deals if you research hard enough and are lucky. We ended up buying our truck (1992 Chevy 350 flatbed, 131,000 miles) from a lead off of Craigslist for $2,000 tax included. We had a mechnic check it out and we put on 4 new tires, exhaust, back springs, and a new windshield (total cost $1,250) to raise our investment cost to $3,300 for our 1st truck. Sorry I don't have a picture to post (yet) but will have some soon. You don't have to go overboard on a truck. Who knows the difference in a 1992 or a 2002 truck anyway. Our truck runs great, is mechanically sound, and the body is in excellent condition. Shop around and Good Luck. 



That's excellent advice Danny and Mike.  Thanks.  I don't want to spend a boat-load of money on a rig that will take a beating by chem so buying something with some "use" (not abuse) is the smart thing to do for sure.  My worry is my well used truck will break down.  I don't even change my own oil so, I'm a little concerned that I'll break down on the way to a job.  wahh... poor me... 
I will be looking for trucks on Craigslist as soon as I send this post.  I hope to have some of that elusive "luck" that you spoke of....  I could sure use some.


__________________

PaneLess Window Washing
Roof Cleaning

panelesswashtint@yahoo.com
Mongomery Bucks County PA
Harleysville,Pennsburg
Pennsylvania
(215)234-4333



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Collegeville PA wrote:

Indiana Roof Cleaners wrote:

Woodytwin,

Have you tried looking on Craigslist for a flatbed truck? We looked at various auction sites, Craigslist, etc. and there are a number of good deals if you research hard enough and are lucky. We ended up buying our truck (1992 Chevy 350 flatbed, 131,000 miles) from a lead off of Craigslist for $2,000 tax included. We had a mechnic check it out and we put on 4 new tires, exhaust, back springs, and a new windshield (total cost $1,250) to raise our investment cost to $3,300 for our 1st truck. Sorry I don't have a picture to post (yet) but will have some soon. You don't have to go overboard on a truck. Who knows the difference in a 1992 or a 2002 truck anyway. Our truck runs great, is mechanically sound, and the body is in excellent condition. Shop around and Good Luck. 



That's excellent advice Danny and Mike.  Thanks.  I don't want to spend a boat-load of money on a rig that will take a beating by chem so buying something with some "use" (not abuse) is the smart thing to do for sure.  My worry is my well used truck will break down.  I don't even change my own oil so, I'm a little concerned that I'll break down on the way to a job.  wahh... poor me... 
I will be looking for trucks on Craigslist as soon as I send this post.  I hope to have some of that elusive "luck" that you spoke of....  I could sure use some.




Ok, go here http://www.searchtempest.com/  this tool will alllow you to search every craigslist in the USA.
You can set the search parameters to go out to say 300 miles from your zip code.
I will drive 300 miles, to get  a good deal ?
How about you ?
Enjoy !

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chris, where do you come up with this stuff?  Thanks for the link.  I'm going to make it one of my favorites.  God Bless you man!

__________________

PaneLess Window Washing
Roof Cleaning

panelesswashtint@yahoo.com
Mongomery Bucks County PA
Harleysville,Pennsburg
Pennsylvania
(215)234-4333



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Collegeville PA wrote:

Chris, where do you come up with this stuff?  Thanks for the link.  I'm going to make it one of my favorites.  God Bless you man!




Dude, I grew up in Detroit, dad was a Teamster, union man.
Our family was "rich" when Dad was working, broke when he was on strike (most of the time).
We learned at an early age, to s t r e t c h  a dollar!
I do ok cleaning roofs, usually have a grand or two "pocket money"
But you will find me at the Salvation Army on Wednesdays, cause it is 1/2 price!
I will try on 50 pairs of jeans to find one pair to FIT my considerable sized old azz biggrin
I will pay 1/2 of the  regular Salvation Army price for the used Jeans, and as I leave the store, honest to God, I get a Rush.

I LOVE FINDING DEALS, and I make a "game" out of it.
It drives my Son NUTS!
I dont pay retail for NOTHING roof cleaning

Here is another of my "secrets" where incredible deals are to be had http://www.liquidation.com/bu/index.html

It requires a credit card number to register and bid, but there are some insane deals to be had at times!

At least on electronics (My hobby) like stereo equipment, HDTV,  etc, etc.


Hey look, this little bastard will probably run a 3/8 All Flow Air Diapraghm Pump ?
http://www.liquidation.com/
auction/view?id=3020535&convertTo=USD


A De Walt too, not too shabby ?

Or This little guy, a radio controlled  Tank, that shoots BB's !
http://www.liquidation.com
/auction/view?id=3022973&convertTo=USD

Think of ther FUN you could have with it biggrin
Why you could use it too shoot out the windows of those who don't pay you, while you stay hidden from view roof cleaning


Just KIDDING, of course no




 





-- Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 on Tuesday 9th of February 2010 11:56:02 PM

-- Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 02:50:50 PM

__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1617
Date:
Permalink  
 

I saw a mention of LineX as a covering. At a previous company we used F250 flatbeds, we tried Line X, Rhino & others to coat the flat beds. Still had severe rust problems UNDER the coating. It looked nice, but actually our rigs got to be in much worse shape, since the damage was camouflaged and not easily noticed. 

Just my .02


__________________
Ray Burke
Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning
850.528.3226
visit our website
Soft Washing and Pressure Washing
Licensed & Insured
Serving Tallahassee, FL, The Big Bend
and SW Georgia
http://www.spray-wash.com
 


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Ceaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:
Permalink  
 

My rig square one: 6' x 10'. 2000 lb cargo capacity.


004.jpg


__________________

Paul St. Onge
Ellington, Ct 06029
860-680-2008

Roof Cleaning Hartford CT



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 745
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ok , brothers and sisters here's another one ....

Those new to the biz that have been itching for a juicy new rig photo. I think you may like this ....

I know some may try to beat it but it was the first, two pressure washers up front, one hot water and three HVLP (High Volume, LOW Pressure) pumps out back.

I built this and UNTIL now on the RCIA I have NEVER revealed these CLOSE ups of the business end of the T-REX 24 foot 10k axles w/ dual brakes monster rig.

Here you go so you new guys have some food for thought, on the back are double floating suspension custom frame platforms with THREE 10.5 GPM Pumps for roof cleaning. I tip the nozzle pressure which is adjustable down to 40 psi and up to 580 psi and I route them into the 2 Titan reels, and two Summits with split manifold set up for DOUBLE duty on all.

With this I can clean both the FIRST customers and his neighbors roof too , then I also use them for super big house, or buildings washes and super efficient LOW PRESSURE HVLP siding rinsedowns.

31.5GPM out the back and 10 GPM of high pressure out the front with 5 total pressure washer / HVLP pumps on this rig and room for up to 8 hose reels (7 on now).

1-335 gallon Water only, tank, 1 - 100 gallon tank, 2 - 65 gallon tanks on rig as well.

Now, guys, truth be told, 

I have never had a reason yet to max the capacity of all 5 pumps working at the SAME time but its nice to know that I could :)
roof cleaningYa, baby, hustle, flow, and VOLUME, that's what I'm talking bout'?

-- Edited by Roof Clean USA Georgia 229-227-0000 on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 11:54:45 AM

-- Edited by Roof Clean USA Georgia 229-227-0000 on Tuesday 16th of February 2010 11:58:49 AM

Attachments
__________________
Roof-Cleaning-GA Blog
Roof-Cleaning-Georgia Blog


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Clean USA Georgia 229-227-0000 wrote:

Ok , brothers and sisters here's another one ....

Those new to the biz that have been itching for a juicy new rig photo. I think you may like this ....

I know some may try to beat it but it was the first, two pressure washers up front, one hot water and three HVLP (High Volume, LOW Pressure) pumps out back.

I built this and UNTIL now on the RCIA I have NEVER revealed these CLOSE ups of the business end of the T-REX 24 foot 10k axles w/ dual brakes monster rig.

Here you go so you new guys have some food for thought, on the back are double floating suspension custom frame platforms with THREE 10.5 GPM Pumps for roof cleaning. I tip the nozzle pressure which is adjustable down to 40 psi and up to 580 psi and I route them into the 2 Titan reels, and two Summits with split manifold set up for DOUBLE duty on all.

With this I can clean both the FIRST customers and his neighbors roof too , then I also use them for super big house, or buildings washes and super efficient LOW PRESSURE HVLP siding rinsedowns.

31.5GPM out the back and 10 GPM of high pressure out the front with 5 total pressure washer / HVLP pumps on this rig and room for up to 8 hose reels (7 on now).

1-335 gallon Water only, tank, 1 - 100 gallon tank, 2 - 65 gallon tanks on rig as well.

Now, guys, truth be told, 

I have never had a reason yet to max the capacity of all 5 pumps working at the SAME time but its nice to know that I could :)
roof cleaningYa, baby, hustle, flow, and VOLUME, that's what I'm talking bout'?




Bad to da Bone Dave !
Hey, please do me a favor ?
Our guys are trying to get decals made, and shawn from Monsters Company says he sent the RCIA artwork to you ?
Toledo Roof Cleaning and Gary W here are spearheading the decal project.
Will you please PM them, and see to it they get the art work ?

Here was our "bad boy". built 10 years ago.
The most "feared" roof cleaning truck in Tampa, in her day.
She took down several whole subdivisions, with her 4 man crew.
Equipped with 2 John Blue DP - 193 Monster Pumps (19.3 GPM at 250 psi) both sucking from a single 600 gallon tank.
You can see the 3 Titan Hose Reels (We were the very first roof cleaning company ever to use titans) stacks.
Once she died mechanically, and from all the corrosive fumes that doomed her box, she sat for over a year.
Finally,  someone else had to call a scrapper to put her to reat.
I accidentally SAW her being towed to her final resting place, and cried my eyes out!
She was our "ICON", a rolling billboard, and a testament that I "practice what I preach"
Big Tanks, Big Pumps, Big Hose.
RIP Old Girl
Tampa Roof Cleaning Truck 2.jpg


 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 237
Date:
Permalink  
 

"31.5GPM out the back and 10 GPM of high pressure out the front with 5 total pressure washer / HVLP pumps on this rig and room for up to 8 hose reels (7 on now).

1-335 gallon Water only, tank, 1 - 100 gallon tank, 2 - 65 gallon tanks on rig as well.

Now, guys, truth be told, 

I have never had a reason yet to max the capacity of all 5 pumps working at the SAME time but its nice to know that I could :)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave, great looking rig, but are you able to hook up to a fire hydrant at every place you go?  By my calculations, 335+100+130=565 gallons.  31.5gpm + 10 gpm= 41.5 gpm.  That means you can work for 13.6 minutes without running dry or hooking up to water somewhere?  The average city water hookup I think is only around 12-14 gallons a minute, much less than that if you are unlucky enough to hook up to a well system?




__________________

 

Ada Mobile Wash

2694 Ashville Dr. NE

Grand Rapids, MI 49525


616-285-8115

kennethpaul@vzw.blackberry.net


Roof Washing Exterior House Cleaning Grand Rapids, MI



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

KP Diamond wrote:

"31.5GPM out the back and 10 GPM of high pressure out the front with 5 total pressure washer / HVLP pumps on this rig and room for up to 8 hose reels (7 on now).

1-335 gallon Water only, tank, 1 - 100 gallon tank, 2 - 65 gallon tanks on rig as well.

Now, guys, truth be told, 

I have never had a reason yet to max the capacity of all 5 pumps working at the SAME time but its nice to know that I could :)"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dave, great looking rig, but are you able to hook up to a fire hydrant at every place you go?  By my calculations, 335+100+130=565 gallons.  31.5gpm + 10 gpm= 41.5 gpm.  That means you can work for 13.6 minutes without running dry or hooking up to water somewhere?  The average city water hookup I think is only around 12-14 gallons a minute, much less than that if you are unlucky enough to hook up to a well system?




WE do not own pressure washers, but I sit and check out some monster rigs I see now and then.
It seems the practical limiting factor is water supply.
A guy I know actually sold a 10 GPM hot water skid because he does primary residentail.
He said he had no need for all that flow, and wanted to stick to city water supply vs getting a water tank.

Roof Cleaning is different, we carry our own pre mixed chemicals in tanks anyway.
IMHO, the faster we can get on and OFFa roof, the better.
Limits our exposure to the roof cleaning chemicals.
We are all gonna die, someday.
I just dont want to glow in the dark when I do die no

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1617
Date:
Permalink  
 

Not the most detailed picture, but I'll try and post more, as soon as my daughter lets me borrow her camera again!

Attachments
__________________
Ray Burke
Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning
850.528.3226
visit our website
Soft Washing and Pressure Washing
Licensed & Insured
Serving Tallahassee, FL, The Big Bend
and SW Georgia
http://www.spray-wash.com
 


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1617
Date:
Permalink  
 

Dave, just saw the pics of your trailer.....think I had impure/lustful thoughts about rig! I'm gonna have to go to confession now, and I'm not even catholic!!!!! 
Very nice looking set-up!!!!

Ray


__________________
Ray Burke
Spray Wash Exterior Cleaning
850.528.3226
visit our website
Soft Washing and Pressure Washing
Licensed & Insured
Serving Tallahassee, FL, The Big Bend
and SW Georgia
http://www.spray-wash.com
 


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:
Permalink  
 

What's the deal with the cherry pickers or Lulls?Do ya'll rent them things or buy them to go with your arsinal of equipments?

__________________


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 127
Date:
Permalink  
 

The general feeling here is that high reach lifts are NOT worth owning.  You may however, find a few jobs here and there that could benefit from a (rental) lift.  A big problem with them is that you can't get the bucket to the right place at most houses.  Driving on the lawn to get to the other side of the house is rarely an option so you end up on the ladder anyway. 


__________________

PaneLess Window Washing
Roof Cleaning

panelesswashtint@yahoo.com
Mongomery Bucks County PA
Harleysville,Pennsburg
Pennsylvania
(215)234-4333



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 91
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hey Rick,

Sorry about not getting back sooner. Our total costs for the signage on the truck & tanks, detailing on the doors & fenders, and 4 magnetic signs for our cars was $450 including tax. Hope that helps.

Mike 



__________________
Danny and Mike Spiczenski




Indiana Roof Cleaning
Safe Roof Cleaning
Non Pressure Roof Cleaning Indianapolis
Black Streak Removal


www.StopTheStreaking.com







Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 121
Date:
Permalink  
 

Mike,
sounds like a good deal. i'm going to print this and show it to the guy i found local.

thanks for info..

cheers,
rick



__________________

Roof Cleaning Southern California
Advance Roof Cleaning Company
Chino Hills, CA. 91709
Tel.#: 1-909-342-9298



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thanks for clearing the cherry picker question up for me.I know there's money to made in roof cleaning but d*&^*..lol

__________________


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 52
Date:
Permalink  
 

THIS IS WHAT I HAVE PUT TOGETHER.  I HAVE USED IT A COUPLE TIMES. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Attachments
__________________
ACM Exterior Cleaning LLC
Elkton MD
443-309-1017
Licensed-Insured



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Ceaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 115
Date:
Permalink  
 

Stu, What size are your tanks?

__________________

Paul St. Onge
Ellington, Ct 06029
860-680-2008

Roof Cleaning Hartford CT

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 68  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard