The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: CLOSING The Forum ??


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
RE: CLOSING The Forum ??
Permalink  
 


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

gutterdog wrote:

First time I've seen this thread! I like the idea. RCIA is up high in SEO. Dont want to hurt that. Glad its not up to me to make the decisions on how to do this effectivly. I hope ive given back as much as ive gained from here. Chris will do what is best. All the faith in ya bro! RCIA should be the most recognized out there and the information here should be kept for serious washers. Some hack could take knowledge from here and cause a bad accident. injuring himself or someone else. A fee should be charged. So that only serious contractors can belong.



We have closed the forum before, and our search engine rank dropped like a rock!

Really guys, most of this info is already out there on the Internet. Sure, not ALL of it. But any hack can simply call any decent roof cleaning equipment seller, and get set up.

What, shall we have Lori screen all potential buyers, to be sure they are not roof cleaning hacks ? The In the shade is a password protected roof cleaning forum, maybe we should post more secret stuff in there ? But what is to stop someone from being allowed in there, then posting our secrets on other forums under a different name ?

Welcome to the Information Age cry In case people haven't noticed, we are kicking some serious SEO azz lately. ALL it would take now is for  people who are members here to place links Back to the RCIA Forum on their web pages and blogs! THAT will make us absolutely invincible. Even w/o many of these links in place, we are rising up through the rankings again. What does this mean ? It means Roof Cleaning WORK for all who post here. Something to think about ?

 



138394,I have been watchin Chris.

 



__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

gutterdog wrote:

 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

 

gutterdog wrote:

First time I've seen this thread! I like the idea. RCIA is up high in SEO. Dont want to hurt that. Glad its not up to me to make the decisions on how to do this effectivly. I hope ive given back as much as ive gained from here. Chris will do what is best. All the faith in ya bro! RCIA should be the most recognized out there and the information here should be kept for serious washers. Some hack could take knowledge from here and cause a bad accident. injuring himself or someone else. A fee should be charged. So that only serious contractors can belong.



We have closed the forum before, and our search engine rank dropped like a rock!

Really guys, most of this info is already out there on the Internet. Sure, not ALL of it. But any hack can simply call any decent roof cleaning equipment seller, and get set up.

What, shall we have Lori screen all potential buyers, to be sure they are not roof cleaning hacks ? The In the shade is a password protected roof cleaning forum, maybe we should post more secret stuff in there ? But what is to stop someone from being allowed in there, then posting our secrets on other forums under a different name ?

Welcome to the Information Age cry In case people haven't noticed, we are kicking some serious SEO azz lately. ALL it would take now is for  people who are members here to place links Back to the RCIA Forum on their web pages and blogs! THAT will make us absolutely invincible. Even w/o many of these links in place, we are rising up through the rankings again. What does this mean ? It means Roof Cleaning WORK for all who post here. Something to think about ?

 



138394,I have been watchin Chris.

 


Glad someone pays attention to all my hard work biggrin
In this roof cleaning 20747 search you are showing up number 2
LOL, as a matter of fact, the freaking RCIA Forum dam near owns the page roof cleaning

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 467
Date:
Permalink  
 

hmmm am I supposed to post somewhere on here to get a rating through RCIA?

__________________
FullBlast


Chet Eby
Shippensburg PA 17257


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 181
Date:
Permalink  
 

Houston Texas Roof Cleaning (281) 853-5753 wrote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Located inside the Beltway close to Pesadena?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You mean Stinkadena don't you Blake?

I agree that i would be nice to have the board as private as possible. I do not like info I paid for being given away to non members.

Would making most of this site affect our SEO attempts? Could be a double edged sword if so...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats Right Marcus! Stinkadena it is.

__________________

Blake Meaux
Restoration Roof Clean, LLC.
Phone: 281-853-5753


Houston Texas Roof Cleaning

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date:
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

gutterdog wrote:

 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

 

gutterdog wrote:

First time I've seen this thread! I like the idea. RCIA is up high in SEO. Dont want to hurt that. Glad its not up to me to make the decisions on how to do this effectivly. I hope ive given back as much as ive gained from here. Chris will do what is best. All the faith in ya bro! RCIA should be the most recognized out there and the information here should be kept for serious washers. Some hack could take knowledge from here and cause a bad accident. injuring himself or someone else. A fee should be charged. So that only serious contractors can belong.



We have closed the forum before, and our search engine rank dropped like a rock!

Really guys, most of this info is already out there on the Internet. Sure, not ALL of it. But any hack can simply call any decent roof cleaning equipment seller, and get set up.

What, shall we have Lori screen all potential buyers, to be sure they are not roof cleaning hacks ? The In the shade is a password protected roof cleaning forum, maybe we should post more secret stuff in there ? But what is to stop someone from being allowed in there, then posting our secrets on other forums under a different name ?

Welcome to the Information Age cry In case people haven't noticed, we are kicking some serious SEO azz lately. ALL it would take now is for  people who are members here to place links Back to the RCIA Forum on their web pages and blogs! THAT will make us absolutely invincible. Even w/o many of these links in place, we are rising up through the rankings again. What does this mean ? It means Roof Cleaning WORK for all who post here. Something to think about ?

 



138394,I have been watchin Chris.

 


Glad someone pays attention to all my hard work biggrin
In this roof cleaning 20747 search you are showing up number 2
LOL, as a matter of fact, the freaking RCIA Forum dam near owns the page roof cleaning

 



Yea you are right!

 



__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Date:
Permalink  
 

I agree that closing the forum could encourage more open interaction by participants.  The challenge is how to do it while being open enough to bring in new professionals and allow them to feel comfortable enough to join in.  "The only constant is change"



__________________


National Cleaning Expo's

Status: Offline
Posts: 2147
Date:
Permalink  
 

I think its a Bad idea, I would leave something thats not broke the way it is.

This Roof forum dominates the web for Roof cleaning, each guest and Member make up the success.

Have any of you silly Boys ever thought those guests are end users (customers)


Silly guys your getting calls from this forum, I got one around a month ago from here.

At first when I asked how she got my name i said from the blue website(pwi) she said no. I said the the grime scene she said no. Then she said I found you on a red website, some roof cleaning site and that took me to your website.

You guys are Nuts....Sorry I strongly agaist the shutting anyone out. Its a mistake trust me.



__________________

Ron Musgraves

National Cleaning Expos
480-522-5227
Mobile Cleaning Contractor Education Seminars Roundtables

Like Us On Facebook 
Pressure Washing Institute Roof Cleaning Forum



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

Ron Musgraves wrote:

I think its a Bad idea, I would leave something thats not broke the way it is.

This Roof forum dominates the web for Roof cleaning, each guest and Member make up the success.

Have any of you silly Boys ever thought those guests are end users (customers)


Silly guys your getting calls from this forum, I got one around a month ago from here.

At first when I asked how she got my name i said from the blue website(pwi) she said no. I said the the grime scene she said no. Then she said I found you on a red website, some roof cleaning site and that took me to your website.

You guys are Nuts....Sorry I strongly agaist the shutting anyone out. Its a mistake trust me.



138394,
Guys, this is Ron Musgraves from PWI and National Cleaning Expo's talking. Many are getting work from here, why screw it up by closing it ? Guys, we are dominating the roof cleaning world, when you are at the top, you can only go down by messing with success. Both Ron and I are old Delco Board Guys, Delco was always an open forum, and we are still around. Remember guys,  any roof cleaning supply place will set someone up.
Maybe not as good as we can suggest, but competition will always be there.
WE have one closed forum on here, and if a thread starts getting into our roof cleaning secrets, I can move that thread to the closed forum on here.
My GOD, we had 414 users hit this forum yesterday! Many are roof cleaning customers who have found us in a search, like Ron says!
Lets not hide ourselves from the hands that feed us, we can't have it both ways.
Take your pick, roof cleaning work for everyone, or secrecy ?

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



National Cleaning Expo's

Status: Offline
Posts: 2147
Date:
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Ron Musgraves wrote:

I think its a Bad idea, I would leave something thats not broke the way it is.

This Roof forum dominates the web for Roof cleaning, each guest and Member make up the success.

Have any of you silly Boys ever thought those guests are end users (customers)


Silly guys your getting calls from this forum, I got one around a month ago from here.

At first when I asked how she got my name i said from the blue website(pwi) she said no. I said the the grime scene she said no. Then she said I found you on a red website, some roof cleaning site and that took me to your website.

You guys are Nuts....Sorry I strongly agaist the shutting anyone out. Its a mistake trust me.



138394,
Guys, this is Ron Musgraves from PWI and National Cleaning Expo's talking. Many are getting work from here, why screw it up by closing it ? Guys, we are dominating the roof cleaning world, when you are at the top, you can only go down by messing with success. Both Ron and I are old Delco Board Guys, Delco was always an open forum, and we are still around. Remember guys,  any roof cleaning supply place will set someone up.
Maybe not as good as we can suggest, but competition will always be there.
WE have one closed forum on here, and if a thread starts getting into our roof cleaning secrets, I can move that thread to the closed forum on here.
My GOD, we had 414 users hit this forum yesterday! Many are roof cleaning customers who have found us in a search, like Ron says!
Lets not hide ourselves from the hands that feed us, we can't have it both ways.
Take your pick, roof cleaning work for everyone, or secrecy ?

 



Thanks Chris

 



__________________

Ron Musgraves

National Cleaning Expos
480-522-5227
Mobile Cleaning Contractor Education Seminars Roundtables

Like Us On Facebook 
Pressure Washing Institute Roof Cleaning Forum



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Date:
Permalink  
 

I have read the past 5 pages and seen alot of pros and alot of cons i seen where some one said to have a area where only members that paid dues could go but what if they didnt pay...I am on a form for lowriders and they have a area where just bad stuff is like stuff not for under age and people at work and basicly all you do is apply and if you check out (in this case pay a due) and every month they send you a new password. the same could be done here, a user pays there due and is sent a password for the month and if they dont pay in the next month they dont recive the password..just throwing it out there if you like it take it in if not just send it right on back:)

__________________

PRO CLEAN
Roof, Siding, Drive ways, and Sidewalks
Panama City Fl.
850-658-6285



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cadillac Dan wrote:

I have read the past 5 pages and seen alot of pros and alot of cons i seen where some one said to have a area where only members that paid dues could go but what if they didnt pay...I am on a form for lowriders and they have a area where just bad stuff is like stuff not for under age and people at work and basicly all you do is apply and if you check out (in this case pay a due) and every month they send you a new password. the same could be done here, a user pays there due and is sent a password for the month and if they dont pay in the next month they dont recive the password..just throwing it out there if you like it take it in if not just send it right on back:)



This may happen

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Date:
Permalink  
 

My biggest hobby is web site designs. I have many sites and most with forums like this. Closing a forum and wanting search engines to index you would be a big mistake. There are many options. One would be to have a set number of pages that could be viewed until they would have to register.

As well as place ads like google adsense that will only be displayed to non users. This way you could make a few buck to boot.

Posting now matter what should only be done by registered users.

If you would like my help, please feel free to ask.

Here is a closed forum to view.. www.kidfart.com This is one of mine as well.

__________________
www.askmediy.com


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:
Permalink  
 

I think if you just charged $10 it would stop your free loading.  I don't know the aswer but it definitely needs to be addressed immediately. Theres to much good info about this trade open to anyone.  I have always felt that it should be closed to the poublic we are hurting our trade by leaving it open to the world.  Build a landing pagethat explains whats inside the forum.  I think the people serious about this will give the fee anyway.  But I do think $50 is to high just to get in.  yes the info in here is priceless but i tghink that would be hurting the amoubt of traffic drastically.

__________________
Mitch Stevens
76 Danny Stevens Dr.
Manchester, Ky.
40962
www.Roofsoftwash.com
www.springstrutters.com
(606)598-3599 (Home)
(606)594-8074 (Cell)


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 157
Date:
Permalink  
 

I agree, $50.00 is good. I also agree with closing it down to non members till you figure out what your going to do.



__________________

Glen Evans
 First State Roof Cleaning
Non Pressure Roof Cleaning
Soft Wash House washing
Lewes, DE.
(302)827-3551



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 56
Date:
Permalink  
 

Im glad the info is on her for free but I would vote to make this a pay site.

__________________

Joe Basquez
JetStream
Houston Texas



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

roofshampooing wrote:

My biggest hobby is web site designs. I have many sites and most with forums like this. Closing a forum and wanting search engines to index you would be a big mistake. There are many options. One would be to have a set number of pages that could be viewed until they would have to register.

As well as place ads like google adsense that will only be displayed to non users. This way you could make a few buck to boot.

Posting now matter what should only be done by registered users.

If you would like my help, please feel free to ask.

Here is a closed forum to view.. www.kidfart.com This is one of mine as well.



Thanks for your Input! Yes, closing all the forum will KILL what I have worked so hard for, that is good SEO.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 

ssk


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Date:
Permalink  
 

I for one was very grateful to have found this forum. I was already on the path to starting a roof cleaning business, but am now very glad to have been able to learn how to do it right, what chemicals, what equipment, good equipment suppliers, marketing tips, etc. Just about any question I had I could find answers for.

If the forum had been locked I would never have known what was in it and would have turned elsewhere.

I think it would make a ton of sense to have an official website for RCIA. Something that would represent RCIA to customers and market the superiority of RCIA techniques and RCIA contractors (vs. the inferior, damaging high pressure techniques many use.) It could contain articles (written by certified RCIA guys - perhaps as part of their certification?), videos, an FAQ, a forum for customers to ask questions (answered by RCIA certified members.) Could also have a search function to let customers find a local approved RCIA certified roof cleaner, and have profiles and weblinks for each.

This forum could be routed from some kind of "RCIA Member" link, accessed with a nominal fee (annual/lifetime?)

That puts the customers in one basket, and the pro's and wanna-be pro's in another.

Charging for RCIA certification would be totally reasonable too. I'd like to become certified eventually, and paying a fee for it would be the least I could do.

Of course it's going to take time and $ to do all of that and make it look polished and professional. I guess the important thing is for the guys who started this thing to figure out what they want it to be. It is kick ass as it is as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if I'm overstepping as a noob here. I have some experience with this stuff in other fields.

-- Edited by ssk on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 10:12:25 PM

__________________



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

ssk wrote:

I for one was very grateful to have found this forum. I was already on the path to starting a roof cleaning business, but am now very glad to have been able to learn how to do it right, what chemicals, what equipment, good equipment suppliers, marketing tips, etc. Just about any question I had I could find answers for.

If the forum had been locked I would never have known what was in it and would have turned elsewhere.

I think it would make a ton of sense to have an official website for RCIA. Something that would represent RCIA to customers and market the superiority of RCIA techniques and RCIA contractors (vs. the inferior, damaging high pressure techniques many use.) It could contain articles (written by certified RCIA guys - perhaps as part of their certification?), videos, an FAQ, a forum for customers to ask questions (answered by RCIA certified members.) Could also have a search function to let customers find a local approved RCIA certified roof cleaner, and have profiles and weblinks for each.

This forum could be routed from some kind of "RCIA Member" link, accessed with a nominal fee (annual/lifetime?)

That puts the customers in one basket, and the pro's and wanna-be pro's in another.

Charging for RCIA certification would be totally reasonable too. I'd like to become certified eventually, and paying a fee for it would be the least I could do.

Of course it's going to take time and $ to do all of that and make it look polished and professional. I guess the important thing is for the guys who started this thing to figure out what they want it to be. It is kick ass as it is as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry if I'm overstepping as a noob here. I have some experience with this stuff in other fields.

-- Edited by ssk on Wednesday 4th of August 2010 10:12:25 PM




All of us, is smarter then one of us, please keep the suggestions coming guysbiggrin



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hey Bill thanks for your in put I was starting to feel that the newbies weren't wanted here... I found this forum about 2 months ago, I am a painting contractor by trade for over 28 yrs. looking for a better way to make a living. 

I have seen people get put down for questions that were already answered on this forum so I have been reading and reading not any posting until now.

I will say in that short amount of time I have learned a huge amount and want to Thank Chris and all the other guys for info posted here. I am only on my 15th job but can honestly say that I have not hit any snags thanks to you guys...

I for one would be happy to pay for membership...

But admit to being a lurker sorry... I Don't  have any info that hasn't been on this forum and still trying to figure out the forum thing in general.

Thank Again
Theo


__________________


guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2083
Date:
Permalink  
 

Welcome Theo, and thanks for making yourself known. They usually are not trashing them as much as just making them do some leg work first. Please hang out and talk with us. If you have a website add it to your signature, and put that 28yrs. of painting experience in your bio. Are you using Cider or Billy mix? What have your experiences been so far?? Air or electric rig?

__________________

Bill Booz

Accuwash LLC

Cell-240-425-2845

 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard