The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: help on apple sauce, from a newbie


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:
help on apple sauce, from a newbie
Permalink  
 


Hi Im new to the forum and only been on the pwi forum several times. I did talk to Chris on pwi but I still Have a few ?'s. I purchace a bandit a while ago and just decided to push roof cleaning some.I did test the applesauce out,like the mix said,but I think it was a little to weak.I mixed it at roughly 30% sh of a 35gallon mix with 4 pounds of tsp & 4 pounds of borax.Im not to sure but I beleive I didnt let it dwell long enough.What is the dwell time and should I go up to 40% sh. Any info would greatly be appreciated.

-- Edited by nickyd at 14:17, 2008-10-29

__________________
Nicky D's Property Management
Tampa bay Area
http://www.nickydspropertymanagement.com


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning In Tampa is easy, because we get FRESH and strong SHC.
You probably have some old chemical, so yes, go up to 40 or50 percent if it is weak.
Also, let the Borax and TSP soak overnight in water, makes it easire to mix.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:
Permalink  
 

Thanks for the response.I did let the tsp and borax sit over night and mix the shc the next morning.I do believe that the shc was not so hot.Now i did try pinch a penny and it did work better,but they claim its only 10% by law,but most likely around 12.Let me ask,is the whole mix suppose to be a 6% solution.Meaning if I had 12% shc and I mixed 20 gallons of it with 20 gallons of water, it would actually be a 6% solution.Is this the right solution for applesauce on the shc side of mix.Im sure my mix was some what acurate to the 100 gallon receipe.I mixed 10.5 gallons of shc with 3.75 pounds of tsp and 3.75 pounds of borax.This would be 30% shc to a 35 gallon complete mix.Im trying to get mix right because I dont want mix to hot because Im skeptical about landscaping.Is landscaping ok if I water before,during and after rinsing the roof even if i used a 50/50 mix or should I stay at 40% shc since 30% was not as promising as I thought it would be.Was my 35 gallon total mixture roughly right on its percentages compared to your 100 gallon mix.Thanks for the input you share with all of us,it really helps learning from someone with the knowledge and experience to back it up.

__________________
Nicky D's Property Management
Tampa bay Area
http://www.nickydspropertymanagement.com


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

nickyd wrote:

Thanks for the response.I did let the tsp and borax sit over night and mix the shc the next morning.I do believe that the shc was not so hot.Now i did try pinch a penny and it did work better,but they claim its only 10% by law,but most likely around 12.Let me ask,is the whole mix suppose to be a 6% solution.Meaning if I had 12% shc and I mixed 20 gallons of it with 20 gallons of water, it would actually be a 6% solution.Is this the right solution for applesauce on the shc side of mix.Im sure my mix was some what acurate to the 100 gallon receipe.I mixed 10.5 gallons of shc with 3.75 pounds of tsp and 3.75 pounds of borax.This would be 30% shc to a 35 gallon complete mix.Im trying to get mix right because I dont want mix to hot because Im skeptical about landscaping.Is landscaping ok if I water before,during and after rinsing the roof even if i used a 50/50 mix or should I stay at 40% shc since 30% was not as promising as I thought it would be.Was my 35 gallon total mixture roughly right on its percentages compared to your 100 gallon mix.Thanks for the input you share with all of us,it really helps learning from someone with the knowledge and experience to back it up.



As always, ya gotta play a bit to get your SHC ratio right.
We use 15 GPM pumps, and can clean at lower ratios of SHC because we put so much roof cleaning product on.
I would go up to 40, then 45, even to 50 percent, until you get the mix working for you.
The Borax is ONLY in there to keep the roof clean longer, and you may not want that ?
It kinda hurts repeat businesss.
Mike Sullivan has been playing with a hybrid roof cleaning mix, his company is Pressure Cleaning Pro in North Carolina.
Might want to talk with him, he swears by the new improved roof cleaning product he is making.
He posts here, just do a search.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:
Permalink  
 

O.k. Well Im using a chemical bandit from bob at pressure tec.Not sure of the output,but it will dispurse the chemical very fast. Now I did use the lowest pressure to apply the chemical, due to high output. I'll try the 40%.I just worry about landscaping.I asssume even at 50/50, if I water before,during, and after cleaning, I will be o.k. Im just trying to get mix right before really trying to market this roof cleaning. I did talk to a few people, and Im not bad at selling service, but the roof cleaning seems to be hard to sell, even though most of the homes here in Pasco need it. I'm marketing roof cleaning with my pest control services, as mold is a pest. It's pretty hard to sell anything, I guess its just the economy,or perhaps its just where I live.(pasco) Thanks again

__________________
Nicky D's Property Management
Tampa bay Area
http://www.nickydspropertymanagement.com


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

Pasco County FL Roof Cleaning is a growing market.
It is all about your mix.
Remember, it takes about 5 minutes for the roof cleaning chemical to work.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Date:
Permalink  
 

I agree that it is a growing market,but it seems to be very hard to per sway someone to clean a roof here in pasco. I've tried door knocking,fliers,ads across the internet e.t.c. Even offered free demos. My fliers had before and after photos which the roof cleaned up exellent after a week or so.I'll just keep trying.

__________________
Nicky D's Property Management
Tampa bay Area
http://www.nickydspropertymanagement.com


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7908
Date:
Permalink  
 

nickyd wrote:

I agree that it is a growing market,but it seems to be very hard to per sway someone to clean a roof here in pasco. I've tried door knocking,fliers,ads across the internet e.t.c. Even offered free demos. My fliers had before and after photos which the roof cleaned up exellent after a week or so.I'll just keep trying.



Don't give up, if it was EASY, everyone would be doing it.
remember, all it takes is one or two roofs a week to make some money.
There aint no jobs to be had, regular ones that is.
Keep doing what you are doing, it will pay off down the road.
I got a call from a 6 year old roof cleaning flyer left on a door last week.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 110
Date:
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning wrote:

nickyd wrote:

I agree that it is a growing market,but it seems to be very hard to per sway someone to clean a roof here in pasco. I've tried door knocking,fliers,ads across the internet e.t.c. Even offered free demos. My fliers had before and after photos which the roof cleaned up exellent after a week or so.I'll just keep trying.



Don't give up, if it was EASY, everyone would be doing it.
remember, all it takes is one or two roofs a week to make some money.
There aint no jobs to be had, regular ones that is.
Keep doing what you are doing, it will pay off down the road.
I got a call from a 6 year old roof cleaning flyer left on a door last week.


Chris is right , if it were easy then the whole world would just get the stuff and spray it up there, we adjust our mix for every situation while cleaning roofs in Alabama



__________________




 

Russ Spence -Owner
Prokleen Roof Cleaning Alabama
Roof Cleaning Fairhope, Daphne, Spanish Fort, Gulf Shores and Orange Beach Alabama
Call 251-222-3011

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date:
Permalink  
 

I thought thats what we did? LOL... These guys are right. Hang in and it will happen. I don't know of any H/O's who want to Clean their own Roofs. Russ makes a good point. Every Roof Cleaning is different and we adjust our chems accordingly as well for each Roof application.

__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard