Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Tampa Palms Flat Tile Roof Cleaning 11-6-2014


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7911
Date: Nov 10, 2014
Tampa Palms Flat Tile Roof Cleaning 11-6-2014
Permalink  
 


Here is another flat tile roof we cleaned last week up in Tampa Palms 33647

This job had a ton of landscaping and mature hedges around it, so we had to work slowly and carefully, to protect the plants.

This flat tile roof has what are called the glazed ceramic tiles that are very showy and nice looking, when they are clean. But, because of their reddish/orange color, the black algae on them sticks out like a sore thumb cry

This customer did not get a roof cleaning notice from the Tampa Palms Homeowners Association, but he wanted to be pro active, and get his roof washed, before the HOA sent him a notice.

The before and after pictures are in the thumbnails below, and if you click on them, they will expand. They are quite large however, because they were the first roof cleaning pictures we took with a new digital camera we just purchased.

You will see some green mildew we intentionally left behind on his house, but not on his roof! The reason we left the green mildew is because he plans to get his house painted very soon. Any good painting company will automatically include cleaning the house in the cost of the paint job. 

Though we offered to clean the small area of green mildew on his home for free, he declined.

 



Attachments
__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1353
Date: Nov 10, 2014
Permalink  
 

Hey Chris,...looking at the house beside it makes me want to do a tile roof,...none here though.

Nice job bringing out the color.

Jeff

__________________

Raystown Roof Cleaning
Central, Pa

(814) 644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322

Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania

Huntingdon, State College, Lewistown, Altoona









RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7911
Date: Nov 10, 2014
Permalink  
 

Raystown Roof Cleaning Central PA 1-800-236-0322 wrote:

Hey Chris,...looking at the house beside it makes me want to do a tile roof,...none here though.

Nice job bringing out the color.

Jeff


 Thanks Jeff biggrin Like yourself, we still use a bit of TSP in our tile roof cleaning mixture, because I have never found a superior soap type of product. IMHO, the last thing you want to do on an already slippery tile roof is to add any soap or surfactant, unless your goal is to slip and fall right off the roof! 

On a tile or a metal roof, any soap that gets on your shoes during the cleaning will allow you to "hydroplane", and your feet can go right out from under you before you know what happened. 

I know you guys have very very few tile roofs up there, but here in Tampa, and Florida in general, tile roofs are a way of life.  The ratio of shingle to tile is about 60/40 here in favor of shingle, but down in South Florida, or nearer to the Salt Water, tile roofs are a "fact of life".

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1405
Date: Nov 10, 2014
Permalink  
 

Nice tile roof cleaning job Chris.  Once cleaned glazed tiles are beautiful.  Roof cleaning glazed tiles is treacherous.  One slip and there is no stopping.



__________________

Professional Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing services company in
Houston Tx, Katy Tx, Fulshear Tx,
Richmond Tx, Sugar Land Tx,
Roof Cleaning Power Washing Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif
Katy, Texas
www.k-mpw.com
Roof Cleaning Pictures Houston Tx
Facebook



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7911
Date: Nov 11, 2014
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Katy Texas (281) 392-2304 wrote:

Nice tile roof cleaning job Chris.  Once cleaned glazed tiles are beautiful.  Roof cleaning glazed tiles is treacherous.  One slip and there is no stopping.


 Thanks Marcus, it is like "tile roof cleaning week here in Tampa" this week.

Nearly every job we have scheduled for this week is some sort of tile roof, either barrel or flat.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 310
Date: Nov 13, 2014
Permalink  
 

Although I haven't done many glazed tile roofs here in Illinois, I do enjoy cleaning them. They look dazzling afterwards.

__________________

 

 

 

Dave

 Advantage Roof Cleaning Company

Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America 

888-830-1285

Aurora, IL

info@AdvantageRoofCleaning.com

www.AdvantageRoofCleaning.com 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7911
Date: Nov 13, 2014
Permalink  
 

Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:

Although I haven't done many glazed tile roofs here in Illinois, I do enjoy cleaning them. They look dazzling afterwards.


 Well, come down here to the Tampa area, and you can help us clean a never ending supply of glazed barrel tile roofs smile

You are correct, when they are clean, they are dazzling looking, but when they are dirty, they look awful.

In many deed restricted parts of the Tampa Florida area, if your home had a tile roof on it, they will only allow you to replace it with a tile roof, instead of a shingle or a metal roof.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 310
Date: Nov 18, 2014
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:
Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:

Although I haven't done many glazed tile roofs here in Illinois, I do enjoy cleaning them. They look dazzling afterwards.


 Well, come down here to the Tampa area, and you can help us clean a never ending supply of glazed barrel tile roofs smile

You are correct, when they are clean, they are dazzling looking, but when they are dirty, they look awful.

In many deed restricted parts of the Tampa Florida area, if your home had a tile roof on it, they will only allow you to replace it with a tile roof, instead of a shingle or a metal roof.

 


Perhaps I'll plan a vacation in Florida clean a roof with you and then write off the trip as a business expense...LOL



__________________

 

 

 

Dave

 Advantage Roof Cleaning Company

Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America 

888-830-1285

Aurora, IL

info@AdvantageRoofCleaning.com

www.AdvantageRoofCleaning.com 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7911
Date: Nov 18, 2014
Permalink  
 

Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:
Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:

Although I haven't done many glazed tile roofs here in Illinois, I do enjoy cleaning them. They look dazzling afterwards.


 Well, come down here to the Tampa area, and you can help us clean a never ending supply of glazed barrel tile roofs smile

You are correct, when they are clean, they are dazzling looking, but when they are dirty, they look awful.

In many deed restricted parts of the Tampa Florida area, if your home had a tile roof on it, they will only allow you to replace it with a tile roof, instead of a shingle or a metal roof.

 


Perhaps I'll plan a vacation in Florida clean a roof with you and then write off the trip as a business expense...LOL


 LOL, well hurry on down biggrin We have a huge 10,000 sq ft tile roof to do in Seffner that is right on a large lake. It is just east of Tampa, and we will need a lift to do it, because it is 10/12 pitch. 

We are so busy cleaning tile roofs right now, it isn't funny. Everyone wants to get their homes cleaned up for Thanksgiving, and it all starts from the roof down. Plus, we are in the Season here in Tampa, and the Homeowners Associations are sending out clean your roof or else letters.

Plus, it has been kind of cold here lately, and as we all know, the Tile Roof Cleaning Chemical does not work as well, when it is cold outside.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 310
Date: Nov 19, 2014
Permalink  
 

with this freakin cold weather up here, your offer is tempting!

__________________

 

 

 

Dave

 Advantage Roof Cleaning Company

Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America 

888-830-1285

Aurora, IL

info@AdvantageRoofCleaning.com

www.AdvantageRoofCleaning.com 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 32
Date: Nov 20, 2014
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Though we offered to clean the small area of green mildew on his home for free, he declined.

 


Great looking job Chris!  Shame the HO didn't ask you to clean his driveway as well.  The house and property would have looked so much better. 

I'm sure we have some tile roofs around here in Virginia, but they are fairly rare.  I've looked at thousands of roofs the past couple of months and don't recall seeing a single tile roof, and only a couple of cedar shake roofs.



__________________
Pending


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7911
Date: Nov 20, 2014
Permalink  
 

Troy Layman wrote:
Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Though we offered to clean the small area of green mildew on his home for free, he declined.

 


Great looking job Chris!  Shame the HO didn't ask you to clean his driveway as well.  The house and property would have looked so much better. 

I'm sure we have some tile roofs around here in Virginia, but they are fairly rare.  I've looked at thousands of roofs the past couple of months and don't recall seeing a single tile roof, and only a couple of cedar shake roofs.


 Nearly half the roofs we clean here in the Tampa area are either barrel or flat tile.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard