The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Exclusive soft wash


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 657
Date: Feb 13, 2014
Exclusive soft wash
Permalink  
 


Wow, a competitor in my area has advertised "Our exclusive SoftWash System has been used to clean well in excess of a 100,000 roofs all across the country!"

Didn't know he invented it. Hard to believe he has cleaned so many roofs when he only started in April 2013 



__________________

Kleen Roofs & Exteriors

1111 Nixon ave. nw

Grand Rapids, Mi 

49534

Kleen Roofs

www.kleenroofs.com

(616)914-9064

Pictures of our work



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7899
Date: Feb 13, 2014
Permalink  
 

Kleen Roof and Exterior Cleaning wrote:

Wow, a competitor in my area has advertised "Our exclusive SoftWash System has been used to clean well in excess of a 100,000 roofs all across the country!"

Didn't know he invented it. Hard to believe he has cleaned so many roofs when he only started in April 2013 


 It all Marketing, that's all. Actually, he is being very conservative. Apple Roof Cleaning has cleaned over 20,000 roofs, in 20 years. If there are just 10 companies like mine across the USA, hell, that's 200.000 roofs right there! 

Why don't you claim your system has cleaned 250,000 roofs, because it probably has! 

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1393
Date: Feb 13, 2014
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:
Kleen Roof and Exterior Cleaning wrote:

Wow, a competitor in my area has advertised "Our exclusive SoftWash System has been used to clean well in excess of a 100,000 roofs all across the country!"

Didn't know he invented it. Hard to believe he has cleaned so many roofs when he only started in April 2013 


 It all Marketing, that's all. Actually, he is being very conservative. Apple Roof Cleaning has cleaned over 20,000 roofs, in 20 years. If there are just 10 companies like mine across the USA, hell, that's 200.000 roofs right there! 

Why don't you claim your system has cleaned 250,000 roofs, because it probably has! 

 


 Exactly! He isn't saying he did all of them. Just his way of doing them has done that many roofs. If you were an idiot that power washed asphalt shingled roofs you could say that 100000 roofs were done that way.  Just because it is true doesn't mean it is right.



__________________
Elephant Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Raleigh North Carolina

David Hoover

919-207-0666
Benson NC.

Roof Cleaning Raleigh NC


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America

Status: Offline
Posts: 61
Date: Feb 13, 2014
Permalink  
 

i just bid against one in my area... I bid 700 somethingand he bid 250... I have this neighborhood on lock and he has been trying to get in on it... My landscape company maintains the area so they know me and my trucks.. The guy worked me down to 570 but I still got the job since the president of the HOA recommended us... Still cost me about 200$....
Needles to say that I just started advertising in his area.. I had sent his some odd jobs in the past---Thats out the door

__________________

Kendall Roof and Exterior Cleaning

Professional Powerwashing and Roof Cleaning Service

Serving the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Delaware since 2011

Professional Powerwashing

443-880-7011



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 303
Date: Feb 14, 2014
Permalink  
 

Perhaps I should start claiming my system has cleaned over 500,000 roofs.

__________________

 

 

 

Dave

 Advantage Roof Cleaning Company

Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America 

630-730-8105

Aurora, IL

info@AdvantageRoofCleaning.com

www.AdvantageRoofCleaning.com 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7899
Date: Feb 14, 2014
Permalink  
 

Advantage Roof Cleaning wrote:

Perhaps I should start claiming my system has cleaned over 500,000 roofs.


 And, you would not be lying! 

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Feb 17, 2014
Permalink  
 

This maybe a good idea!!!

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America

Status: Offline
Posts: 29
Date: Feb 17, 2014
Permalink  
 

It's actually a great marketing technique. It makes no personal connections to his company yet makes them sound very credible. He would not be getting many jobs saying I've cleaned over 100 roofs at the very least you will have to have cleaned over 200 roofs so you could say I've cleaned hundreds of roofs in order to have some kind of an impact. It also is a blank statement, if anyone called him on his over 100,000 roofs he could just say " I was refering to water, chemicals and a non pressure system. Use it guys. They are all being taught to use it and you have the same rights as they do.



__________________

 

Contact Mike Wedge

ENVIROWASH SOFT WASH ROOF CLEANING OF HAWAII LLC

(808) 313-9000

Address: 95-1037 Ulahea St, Mililani, HI

envirowashhawaii@gmail.com

http://www.envirowashhawaii.com



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7899
Date: Feb 18, 2014
Permalink  
 

Mike Wedge wrote:

It's actually a great marketing technique. It makes no personal connections to his company yet makes them sound very credible. He would not be getting many jobs saying I've cleaned over 100 roofs at the very least you will have to have cleaned over 200 roofs so you could say I've cleaned hundreds of roofs in order to have some kind of an impact. It also is a blank statement, if anyone called him on his over 100,000 roofs he could just say " I was refering to water, chemicals and a non pressure system. Use it guys. They are all being taught to use it and you have the same rights as they do.


 This is very true! 

We currently have some new to roof cleaning window cleaners in my are who are claiming that the chemicals they are buying and using have safely cleaned over 50.000 roofs!

 

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Feb 18, 2014
Permalink  
 

I get it from a marketing stand point but not something I'd market personally. Most people know that quality will trump quantity anytime.  Like I tell my potential customers " I don't sell a service, I sell results".

Like Chris told me years ago about getting the phone book out to a potential customer and the customer asked him what he was doing and Christ told him finding you a roof cleaner. The guy asked why and Chris said " you can always get a worse job done cheaper".

Two years ago I was on Burt Street in Omaha, NE. This guy kept bugging me for a quote to clean a cedar roof. Good size house but not to hard to clean. I told the guy $1,850.00. He came back and said I got a guy that quoted me $1,250.00.

I got my phone out and said please give me his number and he asked why I said I am going to call him and have him come clean your roof because you can " always get a worse job done cheaper " and when he is done I'll come back and correct it, if I can, for $2,250.00.

Needless to say the guy asked me when I can clean it! LOL

I know this is off subject, but sometimes thinking outside the box will get you better results than worrying about what the other guy is doing, because I found out later someone did quote him $1,250.00 to power wash it. LOL

You know what is funny. Basically we all use the same equipment, same process, same mix, etc. What is the one thing that isn't the same? The person doing the work! That's what you sell, yourself. Marketing 101.

Here is an example: Let's take AC, not to pick on him, but to make a point, you know why AC does so well with what he does? It's not his equipment or his process or his chemicals. It's that he has everyone believing he is the authority when it comes to soft washing/roof cleaning etc. That's what people are buying. Doesn't matter if he is or isn't, he does a great job of marketing himself as the authority. What do people or who do people want to deal with in society, people of authority, it's breed into us. Again, marketing 101.

Another example is right here. People comes to RCIA, not because of RCIA but because of Chris Tucker, why because Chris is seen as the authority of roof cleaning. Again, it is the authority that trumps.

Make your self the local authority and leave the rest behind.

Just my two cents.



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 657
Date: Feb 19, 2014
Permalink  
 

Best advice +1

__________________

Kleen Roofs & Exteriors

1111 Nixon ave. nw

Grand Rapids, Mi 

49534

Kleen Roofs

www.kleenroofs.com

(616)914-9064

Pictures of our work



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7899
Date: Feb 20, 2014
Permalink  
 

Central Iowa Roof Cleaning wrote:

I get it from a marketing stand point but not something I'd market personally. Most people know that quality will trump quantity anytime.  Like I tell my potential customers " I don't sell a service, I sell results".

Like Chris told me years ago about getting the phone book out to a potential customer and the customer asked him what he was doing and Christ told him finding you a roof cleaner. The guy asked why and Chris said " you can always get a worse job done cheaper".

Two years ago I was on Burt Street in Omaha, NE. This guy kept bugging me for a quote to clean a cedar roof. Good size house but not to hard to clean. I told the guy $1,850.00. He came back and said I got a guy that quoted me $1,250.00.

I got my phone out and said please give me his number and he asked why I said I am going to call him and have him come clean your roof because you can " always get a worse job done cheaper " and when he is done I'll come back and correct it, if I can, for $2,250.00.

Needless to say the guy asked me when I can clean it! LOL

I know this is off subject, but sometimes thinking outside the box will get you better results than worrying about what the other guy is doing, because I found out later someone did quote him $1,250.00 to power wash it. LOL

You know what is funny. Basically we all use the same equipment, same process, same mix, etc. What is the one thing that isn't the same? The person doing the work! That's what you sell, yourself. Marketing 101.

Here is an example: Let's take AC, not to pick on him, but to make a point, you know why AC does so well with what he does? It's not his equipment or his process or his chemicals. It's that he has everyone believing he is the authority when it comes to soft washing/roof cleaning etc. That's what people are buying. Doesn't matter if he is or isn't, he does a great job of marketing himself as the authority. What do people or who do people want to deal with in society, people of authority, it's breed into us. Again, marketing 101.

Another example is right here. People comes to RCIA, not because of RCIA but because of Chris Tucker, why because Chris is seen as the authority of roof cleaning. Again, it is the authority that trumps.

Make your self the local authority and leave the rest behind.

Just my two cents.


 You are absolutely correct Bruce, as far as that goes.

For instance, I have cultivated relationships here in the Tampa area for years with roofing contractors. I once rented a large hall (traded roof cleaning for the rental), and threw one hell of a Free Party!

We had a great DJ, plus several free kegs of beer and finger foods, chips, etc, etc (wine/champagne for the ladies).

LOL, I sent the little cutie in my picture all over the Tampa area, to invite nearly every roofing contractor to the party.

My total cost for all this was under 1 grand, and it paid off in a week!

It still pays off today, nearly 10 years later!

I had a local competitor bid against me on a large residential job, and the customer was confused! I had him call a well known tampa roofing contractor who knows of my work, and knows me.

The roofer helped me get the job!

 

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Feb 20, 2014
Permalink  
 

We are going to try the 100,000 roof thing in an ad. See how it goes!

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 


Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard