The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Fatboy Pump Question


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Jun 15, 2011
Fatboy Pump Question
Permalink  
 


I recently bought a new pump and accumulator fro Bob. This thing is wicked. I mean I even get a slight kickback when I turn this thing on. So I bought an accumulator for my other truck/Fatboy so I can do away with the compressor, but it just doesnt have the same kick. I played with the adjustment on the pump but still it just doesnt kick like the other. It works ok I guess but im not satisfied. The only difference in the 2setups is the better one has about a 2 ft run to the battery and the other has about an 8' run to the battery. Any one want to feedback this?

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Jun 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Interesting. Have you talked to Bob? Mine just keeps on spraying, wouldn't trade it for the world.



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2289
Date: Jun 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

I recently bought a new pump and accumulator fro Bob. This thing is wicked. I mean I even get a slight kickback when I turn this thing on. So I bought an accumulator for my other truck/Fatboy so I can do away with the compressor, but it just doesnt have the same kick. I played with the adjustment on the pump but still it just doesnt kick like the other. It works ok I guess but im not satisfied. The only difference in the 2setups is the better one has about a 2 ft run to the battery and the other has about an 8' run to the battery. Any one want to feedback this?


 I'm glad I don't have fatboy problems, my all-flo has been running flawless for two years now, not one single problem. I can use big tips, small tips what ever.

Lori I will give you credit for your all-flo!



__________________
H20 POWERWASHING
Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 08734
clydesampsel@gmail.com
www.roofcleaningjerseyshore.com



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Jun 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Ive talked with Bob. He dont know. Just asked if its the same size hose. Im telling you man the one Fatboy setup squirts like a champ. Better than I could have ever gotten with the air pump. I really want the same resullts on my other truck but cant get it. With the accumulator you can use smaller tips without so much cycling. Anyone want to buy a 4 month old 5.5hp 20 gal Northern compressor? Im trying to make some room on my truck for my new 8gpm pressure washer skid so I can start stealing some of Clydes jobs.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 639
Date: Jun 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 609-971-6553 wrote:

 I'm glad I don't have fatboy problems, my all-flo has been running flawless for two years now, not one single problem. I can use big tips, small tips what ever.

Lori I will give you credit for your all-flo!


 HOLY COW!!!

Clyde, that was very nice!



__________________

 

Pressure Washer Products, 800-519-9279, 727-424-6600, roof cleaning systems, roof cleaning chemicals, air diaphragm pumps

Pressure Washer Products.com

(800) 519-9279

(727) 562-5488 Outside USA

sales@pressurewasherproducts.com

DISTRIBUTORS OF SOFT WASH EQUIPMENT, SOFT WASH CHEMICAL 

PRESSURE WASHERS & HIGH PRESSURE ACCESSORIES

 ONLY Call/Email Lori for Set-Up Help



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 264
Date: Jun 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

switch out pumps with the 2 ft run and see if they work the same then.



__________________
Mobile ProWash
Roof And Home Exterior Cleaning


Pacific Missouri 63069

636-221-2582



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Jun 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Good suggestion. Unfortunately im too lazy. Actually the one in question is hardpiped with 3/4". Wonder if that has anything to do with it. When i get slow ill switch them out.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 239
Date: Jun 17, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

Ive talked with Bob. He dont know. Just asked if its the same size hose. Im telling you man the one Fatboy setup squirts like a champ. Better than I could have ever gotten with the air pump. I really want the same resullts on my other truck but cant get it. With the accumulator you can use smaller tips without so much cycling. Anyone want to buy a 4 month old 5.5hp 20 gal Northern compressor? Im trying to make some room on my truck for my new 8gpm pressure washer skid so I can start stealing some of Clydes jobs.


Got any pictures? How much?

__________________




Ryan Wilkins
Beacon Roof & Exterior Cleaning
321-507-4851     772-26-6804

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

Problem solved. Its a matter of turning up the psi screw quite a bit. No more cycling. Shoots 35' horizontally with 0040tip.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 639
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

We have a 0035 nozzle for those of you whom need the extra distance for a SHORT period of time.



__________________

 

Pressure Washer Products, 800-519-9279, 727-424-6600, roof cleaning systems, roof cleaning chemicals, air diaphragm pumps

Pressure Washer Products.com

(800) 519-9279

(727) 562-5488 Outside USA

sales@pressurewasherproducts.com

DISTRIBUTORS OF SOFT WASH EQUIPMENT, SOFT WASH CHEMICAL 

PRESSURE WASHERS & HIGH PRESSURE ACCESSORIES

 ONLY Call/Email Lori for Set-Up Help



Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

Problem solved. Its a matter of turning up the psi screw quite a bit. No more cycling. Shoots 35' horizontally with 0040tip.


 That sounds right, psi screw. Mine does the same with 0040.

You got it.



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

Bob said turning up the screw wouldnt raise the psi. He's a smart dude but i think he's wrong on this one.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2289
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

Bob said turning up the screw wouldnt raise the psi. He's a smart dude but i think he's wrong on this one.


 what 



-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 609-971-6553 on Saturday 18th of June 2011 05:24:47 PM

__________________
H20 POWERWASHING
Roof Cleaning Lanoka Harbor NJ 08734
clydesampsel@gmail.com
www.roofcleaningjerseyshore.com



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

Clyde shouldnt you be working? Are you here just to breaks stones?

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 606
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

Ed, The screw is for the adjustment as to when the pump turns on and off. It isn't necessarily a pressure adjustment. Anyone that has a well in their home has a pressure switch like this. It operates on the same principle.

__________________

Brian Friel
The Roof Cleaners llc
Oxford PA 19363
610 842 2104

 

 

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Jun 18, 2011
Permalink  
 

That is true Brian. But the screw increases the psi that the pump will shut off at. If your pump is set to shut off at 40 psi, you will get 40 psi when you open your valve and most likely will cycle even with large tips. If you crank up the adjustment you are getting a higher pressure, more volume, a better shoot.
By the way, when I worked for a plumber, the first time I was sent out to adjust the pressure on a well pump, I found out the hard way that it was hooked up to 110v.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1202
Date: Oct 3, 2011
Permalink  
 

I'm wondering if my fatboy pump is biting the dust, it's shutting on and off properly and not cycling, but the damn thing squirts like a little girl now. Wondering if my helper turned the adjustment screw one day when we were having issues and didn't want to tell me?

How much can I turn that adjustment screw without totally effing everything up? Should I do this while it on and spraying to watch for changes?

__________________
Extreme Cleaning Solutions (410) 980-1053
Phil Rogers
Click Here to View Our Website
Click Here for an Instant Quote
Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing in Anne Arundel County, and Howard County, Maryland


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1400
Date: Oct 3, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Severna Park MD wrote:

I'm wondering if my fatboy pump is biting the dust, it's shutting on and off properly and not cycling, but the damn thing squirts like a little girl now. Wondering if my helper turned the adjustment screw one day when we were having issues and didn't want to tell me?

How much can I turn that adjustment screw without totally effing everything up? Should I do this while it on and spraying to watch for changes?


That is what happens when they start to go out.  I never throw my old pumps away.  I have found that I sometimes break a part that I can salvage from an old pump.  I adjust the screw while the pump is running by cycling the SH back into the tank it came from.  You must install a pressure gauge so that you will know what you are setting the pressure at or you will blow the seals.  A blown seal can cause the problem that you are having.  Unscrew the head off of the pump and you will see the seals.  If there are any holes in them then you need a new pump head.

While it is true that you get a bigger kick when you turn the pressure cycling set screw it also wears out the pumps seals faster if you turn it up too much.  I have found optimum pressure to run the fat boy at is 60 PSI

When I first started using the fat boy I ran it at 80 psi.  I loved the distance that it would shoot but soon I got tired of blowing pump seals.  When you do that the only option is to buy a new pump head. 

I have never used an accumulator.  I always figured that it was one more thing that could go wrong.  Keep me informed on how it holds up especially if you shoot over 60 psi.



__________________

Professional Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing services company in
Houston Tx, Katy Tx, Fulshear Tx,
Richmond Tx, Sugar Land Tx,
Roof Cleaning Power Washing Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif
Katy, Texas
www.k-mpw.com
Roof Cleaning Pictures Houston Tx
Facebook



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1202
Date: Oct 4, 2011
Permalink  
 

Thanks, Marcus. Is something like this what I should be using for that? http://pressuretek.com/qico0psistst.html



-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Severna Park MD on Tuesday 4th of October 2011 07:39:31 AM

__________________
Extreme Cleaning Solutions (410) 980-1053
Phil Rogers
Click Here to View Our Website
Click Here for an Instant Quote
Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing in Anne Arundel County, and Howard County, Maryland


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1400
Date: Oct 4, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Severna Park MD wrote:

Thanks, Marcus. Is something like this what I should be using for that? http://pressuretek.com/qico0psistst.html



-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Severna Park MD on Tuesday 4th of October 2011 07:39:31 AM


 That would choke the flow too much...  You can buy this setup from the now powerwash.com in Ft Worth.



Attachments
__________________

Professional Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing services company in
Houston Tx, Katy Tx, Fulshear Tx,
Richmond Tx, Sugar Land Tx,
Roof Cleaning Power Washing Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif
Katy, Texas
www.k-mpw.com
Roof Cleaning Pictures Houston Tx
Facebook

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard