The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Angies List


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1508
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Angies List
Permalink  
 


  Has anyone used Angies List?  I checked out their website and did not register.  I just received my second email from them, now they are offering me 40% off.  I'm thinking about signing up.  Any thoughts.

__________________

ACE PAINTING
Tom Buczak 216-323-0552

Check out our website.

 

        



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

ACE wrote:

Has anyone used Angies List?  I checked out their website and did not register.  I just received my second email from them, now they are offering me 40% off.  I'm thinking about signing up.  Any thoughts.



We're on there Tom (as of this winter), as are some other companies in the area including the franchise.  I posted somewhere a while back, that the 'intel' you can get about the 'franchise' from Anigies List is priceless.  The reviewers state what they were charged along with their review. 

Not to mention Angies List is another source of customers, as most Angies List subscribers will hire from Angies List.  


__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1202
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

Haven't used them, but my neighbor uses them as a customer all the time. She said she uses them to bargain prices, but it seems like a place for reviews on businesses, etc.. I guess it would be good if you were able to maintain a great review / rating.

__________________
Extreme Cleaning Solutions (410) 980-1053
Phil Rogers
Click Here to View Our Website
Click Here for an Instant Quote
Roof Cleaning and Pressure Washing in Anne Arundel County, and Howard County, Maryland


Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

I joined some time back, but they need to have a business listing section. I guess they would be okay if you got reviews.

__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 542
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

I had a customer who is a member of Angies list put a review on there for me. I had to answer a few questions about my company to be listed, but I didn't have to pay anything. My customer is the one who pays a membership. I get sales emails from them all of the time, I just assumed they were for consumers and not the businesses. Maybe I'm wrong.

__________________

                Header-Newsletter-LandisRoof%2525281%252529.jpg 

Click to see what we can do for you!

Barry Landis

facebook.jpgemail.jpg 

610-689-4475
 
-----------


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 542
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

Here is a copy of the review that consumers would see on the job that I did that was submitted to Angies List. It's a pretty nice system.

Member:
Jesse Ritz<br />1171 Schoffers Road<br />BIRDSBORO PA 19508
Category: 
Roof Cleaning
Work Done: 
Yes
* More Weight is given to a report where work has been completed.
Work Completed Date: 
October 15, 2010
Hire Again: 
Yes
Approximate Cost: 
$600.00
Home Build Year: 
1970
Description Of Work: 
Barry's wife Tina stopped at our house (they live on the same road). She said it was because she admired our new garage and new barn but was upset that the old portion of our roof had become so streaked with algae (see 'before' photo). She explained that her husband was so pleased with his roof cleaning business (because of the beautiful results) that they decided to make us a really great offer ($600.00 is a low estimate, not our actual cost) in exchange for putting signs in our front yard. I agreed and spoke to Barry the same day. He was vary knowledgeable about roof cleaning (I had already looked into cleaning it myself) and also understood how to protect our lawn and shrubbery.
Member Comments: 
Barry used two helpers for the job. I was impressed with their professionalism and thoroughness right from the very start. They removed downspouts and collected run-off in plastic buckets. To protect shrubbery they sprayed everything first. Next they sprayed cleaner onto the roof a section at a time so that it had time to do it's work. Then they rinsed each section off... all with a gentle spray - no power washer. They also cleaned the fascia, gutters and downspouts. Some streaking could be seen immediately after they finished but Barry assured me that it would wash off with the first rain; it did. We are delighted with our 'new roof'.
Page Of Happiness Nominee

OverallA
PriceA
QualityA
ResponsivenessA
PunctualityA
ProfessionalismA
Additional Questions Answered when completing this report

How much did the final cost compare to the original estimate? right on

How does the value of the work compare to the price? I got more than my money's worth

How far in advance did you schedule the work? within a week

Did you find the company through Angie's List? no

If no, what was the other source? Neighbor

Why did you choose this contractor? location, other, Obvious knowledge of the cleaning process

Have you used this company before? this is the first time I've used this company

What did you like most about this contractor? Cheerful, open, knowledgeable contractor.

What did you like least about this contractor? Not a thing.

What surprises came up during the course of the work? None.

What words of advice would you give other members considering this contractor? Expect light streaks until the roof is rained on.

What words of advice would you give this contractor? You'll need to cover a large area to find enough roofs that people want cleaned.



__________________

                Header-Newsletter-LandisRoof%2525281%252529.jpg 

Click to see what we can do for you!

Barry Landis

facebook.jpgemail.jpg 

610-689-4475
 
-----------


Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

landisconstruction wrote:

I had a customer who is a member of Angies list put a review on there for me. I had to answer a few questions about my company to be listed, but I didn't have to pay anything. My customer is the one who pays a membership. I get sales emails from them all of the time, I just assumed they were for consumers and not the businesses. Maybe I'm wrong.




Barry:

If you got some helpful info on how to get my business listed send it to me will you.

Thanks 



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 542
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

Central Iowa Roof Cleaning 515-971-1430 wrote:

landisconstruction wrote:

I had a customer who is a member of Angies list put a review on there for me. I had to answer a few questions about my company to be listed, but I didn't have to pay anything. My customer is the one who pays a membership. I get sales emails from them all of the time, I just assumed they were for consumers and not the businesses. Maybe I'm wrong.




Barry:

If you got some helpful info on how to get my business listed send it to me will you.

Thanks 



Hey Bruce,

Try this link    https://company.angieslist.com/Default.aspx go under How It Works then Angies List Overview. It looks like there is a link there to list your business. Mine was listed by the customer so I didn't go through the same process. Let me know if that works for you. If not I would suggest asking a previous customer to sign up for an Angies list account (paid by you of course), and then have them write a review on their experience using your company. My customer had did this on his own since he was so pleased with he job.

 



__________________

                Header-Newsletter-LandisRoof%2525281%252529.jpg 

Click to see what we can do for you!

Barry Landis

facebook.jpgemail.jpg 

610-689-4475
 
-----------


Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

landisconstruction wrote:

Central Iowa Roof Cleaning 515-971-1430 wrote:

 

landisconstruction wrote:

I had a customer who is a member of Angies list put a review on there for me. I had to answer a few questions about my company to be listed, but I didn't have to pay anything. My customer is the one who pays a membership. I get sales emails from them all of the time, I just assumed they were for consumers and not the businesses. Maybe I'm wrong.




Barry:

If you got some helpful info on how to get my business listed send it to me will you.

Thanks 



Hey Bruce,

Try this link    https://company.angieslist.com/Default.aspx go under How It Works then Angies List Overview. It looks like there is a link there to list your business. Mine was listed by the customer so I didn't go through the same process. Let me know if that works for you. If not I would suggest asking a previous customer to sign up for an Angies list account (paid by you of course), and then have them write a review on their experience using your company. My customer had did this on his own since he was so pleased with he job.

 



Thanks. Will do.

 



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 2083
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

A customer has to review you to get listed. They do not sell listings and that makes tham more appealing to the consumers that use it. Get a customer to write about you and you will be in. We love Angie's list!

__________________

Bill Booz

Accuwash LLC

Cell-240-425-2845

 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1508
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

They keep emailing me to join.  Maybe a past customer wrote a review.

__________________

ACE PAINTING
Tom Buczak 216-323-0552

Check out our website.

 

        



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1607
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 



Friendly correction folks.  American-ProTech is listed in Angie's List although we have yet to be rated.  I will be getting some prior customer's to rate us, even if I pay for their memberships as Barry mentioned.   (Great idea.) 

BTW Barry - flippin' AWESOME pics!!

Here's our excerpt from Angies List.  

**edit** edit to break the html links from the snippet below.


Provider Name Contact Name Address Coupon Honors Eco-Friendly Enhanced Trade License
American-ProTech
American-ProTech
Submit A Report

Gainesville, VA 20155
571 250 9650
Ted Saunders Linton Hall Yes
*This provider has not yet been rated!


-- Edited by Roof Cleaning Northern Virginia (571) 250 9650 on Monday 31st of January 2011 07:58:44 PM

__________________
 
American-ProTech 
Proudly serving Northern Virginia, DC, Maryland and Atlanta
 (571) 250-9650 VA
 (240) 398-3800 MD
(404) 858-4888 Atlanta GA


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1393
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

What's to stop someone from acting like a customer and writing their own review?

__________________
Elephant Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Raleigh North Carolina

David Hoover

919-207-0666
Benson NC.

Roof Cleaning Raleigh NC


deleted member

Status: Offline
Posts: 558
Date: Jan 31, 2011
Permalink  
 

Your conscience?

__________________

Roof Stain Removers
Wilmington, NC


Art Green
910-622-7942


Roof Cleaning Wilmington North Carolina


art@roofstainremovers.co

Roof Cleaning Wilmington, NC On Facebook

Roof Stain Removers Blog



Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Master Certified Roof Cleaning Instructor

Status: Offline
Posts: 504
Date: Feb 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

Integrity.....    smile

__________________

 


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1393
Date: Feb 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

SP Cleaning wrote:

Integrity.....    smile



Yea, well we all know there is a lot of that missing in some people. They have really astounded me over the years as to what they will do for a buck.

 



__________________
Elephant Roof and Exterior Cleaning
Raleigh North Carolina

David Hoover

919-207-0666
Benson NC.

Roof Cleaning Raleigh NC


Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Master Certified Roof Cleaning Instructor

Status: Offline
Posts: 504
Date: Feb 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Raleigh NC wrote:

 

SP Cleaning wrote:

Integrity.....    smile



Yea, well we all know there is a lot of that missing in some people. They have really astounded me over the years as to what they will do for a buck.

 

 



I hear ya David. Integrity, Honesty and a whole list of items is getting to be like a lost art these days.
They are fading away just like the Old Word craftsman.

Chris


__________________

 


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1213
Date: Feb 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Raleigh NC wrote:

What's to stop someone from acting like a customer and writing their own review?




 Customers have to be paying members to write a review.

Angies list customers are the absolute best leads we get. They dont haggle, rarely balk at price, are usually ready to start right away and you can just sense the trust from the first phone call. I guess when other consumers have paid their membership and written about your company, that holds alot of water.

On the flip side, get a bad review and you'll never get a Angies list customer.



__________________




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1398
Date: Feb 2, 2011
Permalink  
 

In 16 years of business I can count the number of times an Angie's list client has called me on both hands.  They constantly ask me to advertise with them.  It would take a lot more of their clients to call me before I would buy into their gig.

__________________

Professional Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing services company in
Houston Tx, Katy Tx, Fulshear Tx,
Richmond Tx, Sugar Land Tx,
Roof Cleaning Power Washing Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif
Katy, Texas
www.k-mpw.com
Roof Cleaning Pictures Houston Tx
Facebook



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1208
Date: Feb 3, 2011
Permalink  
 

Love it! We have received the super service award for interior & exterior painting for the last 3 years. Most customers have allready decided that they are going with us before they even call.

__________________

Integrity Roof Cleaning
727.483.8177
Clearwater Florida 33759

roof cleaning pinellas county florida 
Roof Cleaning Palm Harbor Florida

Roof Cleaning Blog

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard