The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Customers Are Watching


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Customers Are Watching
Permalink  
 


I'm posting this  to say that being certified mattered.   Princeton NJ,  a fancy rich college town where the school owns a 1/3 of many properties to help subsidize the teachers or else they would have no teachers.  Like most people she didnt know alot about roof cleaning so she Googled.  The RCIA came up so she poked around.  She went to the NJ certified section and she said it led her to a thread.  She said it was kind of weird to see some guys going back and forth about technique and formulas but it made it more real to her.  She clicked on to my website then made the call.  I wound up cleaning hers and her neighbors.  She was scared that the chlorine would dry out her shingles.  She also told me roof shampoo was there earlier and quoted higher. This is where the dry shingle theory must of come.  
IT REALLY MATTERS WHAT IS SAID HERE.  YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN A POTENTIAL CUSTOMER IS WATCHING. 

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 645
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning New Jersey wrote:

I'm posting this  to say that being certified mattered.   Princeton NJ,  a fancy rich college town where the school owns a 1/3 of many properties to help subsidize the teachers or else they would have no teachers.  Like most people she didnt know alot about roof cleaning so she Googled.  The RCIA came up so she poked around.  She went to the NJ certified section and she said it led her to a thread.  She said it was kind of weird to see some guys going back and forth about technique and formulas but it made it more real to her.  She clicked on to my website then made the call.  I wound up cleaning hers and her neighbors.  She was scared that the chlorine would dry out her shingles.  She also told me roof shampoo was there earlier and quoted higher. This is where the dry shingle theory must of come.  
IT REALLY MATTERS WHAT IS SAID HERE.  YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN A POTENTIAL CUSTOMER IS WATCHING.



You are totally right Ed, I have had simalar situations. People have even asked to see my cert before.

 



__________________


Bucks County PA Roof Cleaning

267-477-1107
Free Your Pennsylvania Roof From Fungus
Serving all of Bucks and Montgomery Counties and surrounding areas of Philadelphia
Chalfont, PA 18914




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certifiied Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1439
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Gezzz Ed,
Now you got me curious so I am reading in NJ  biggrin  I think your girls loves shoes video along with your certification is what sealed the deal.

Hopefully the paid members area will help keep some things private.    



__________________

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Logo

517-798-5800

Ugly Shingles LLC Roof Cleaning Metro Detroit 

Get a FREE Roof Cleaning Estimate - See Our Picture Gallery Here

Roof Cleaning MI



Certified Cedar Shake Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1142
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Bob Jr wrote:

Gezzz Ed,
Now you got me curious so I am reading in NJ  biggrin  I think your girls loves shoes video along with your certification is what sealed the deal.

Hopefully the paid members area will help keep some things private.    



I also had a customer that said he visited RCIA and questioned the mix and asked questions about certifcation i.e what I had to do to get certified etc.

I am with you hope somethings will stay private going forward. The customer should be able to locate a roof cleaner, but should have to ask us any other questions.

 



__________________

Sullivan Roof Cleaning, Inc.

6595 N.E. 12th Ave

Pleasant Hill, Iowa 50327

515-971-1430

www.sullivanroofcleaning.com

www.cedarroofclean.com

Serving The Greater MidWest For All Your Cedar Roof Cleaning



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2070
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Well here's the good news, it was real chat amongst many who use the same process. It's not like I'm some lone rebel spraying chlorine on roofs. It was real to her. If there was a section only for customers to read, would it be like one big commercial? I'm playing devil's advocate here.

__________________

Ed Thompson
Woodbridge N.J.

(732) 726-9261
Digital Brochure

 

 

 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1486
Date: Jan 4, 2011
Permalink  
 

Some excellent points on the reality of how you represent yourself and who is paying attention!
This is classic of why Certs are important and the standards can represent your company to a future customer.
This postneeded to be refreshed at this point in the voting of standards and the upcoming certifications.

Kim R

__________________


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2520
Date: Jan 4, 2011
Permalink  
 

I was not certified prior to the restructuring of this forum. I do however meet the old requirements of 100 posts and numerous roof cleanings completed. How will I become certified?
Thanks,
Eric

__________________

Liberty SoftWash

Eric Seitz
717-324-4208
Dallastown, PA 17313

Roof Cleaning York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

Power Washing and Pressure Washing York, Lancaster and Harrisburg, PA

See Our Picture Gallery Here

Liberty SoftWash

 

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Jan 4, 2011
Permalink  
 

Presidential Pressure Washing wrote:

Some excellent points on the reality of how you represent yourself and who is paying attention!
This is classic of why Certs are important and the standards can represent your company to a future customer.
This postneeded to be refreshed at this point in the voting of standards and the upcoming certifications.

Kim R



Once we get the standards in place, we may ask all certified roof cleaners to link to the standards page of the RCIA Website, as an example of standards they practice.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



National Cleaning Expo's

Status: Offline
Posts: 2147
Date: Jan 4, 2011
Permalink  
 

I hope Customers see us, I get calls from the site.

So we should be talking about roof cleaning and exterior service.

Its could be a good thing!!

__________________

Ron Musgraves

National Cleaning Expos
480-522-5227
Mobile Cleaning Contractor Education Seminars Roundtables

Like Us On Facebook 
Pressure Washing Institute Roof Cleaning Forum



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Jan 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning By A&E wrote:

I was not certified prior to the restructuring of this forum. I do however meet the old requirements of 100 posts and numerous roof cleanings completed. How will I become certified?
Thanks,
Eric



You will get certified Eric, hang in there. We are re doing our certification standards.

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



National Cleaning Expo's

Status: Offline
Posts: 2147
Date: Jan 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Hurry up!!!! Lol

__________________

Ron Musgraves

National Cleaning Expos
480-522-5227
Mobile Cleaning Contractor Education Seminars Roundtables

Like Us On Facebook 
Pressure Washing Institute Roof Cleaning Forum



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7919
Date: Jan 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Ron Musgraves wrote:

Hurry up!!!! Lol




No kidding! Once the 50 point standards are in place, Certification is our next priority!



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 336
Date: Jan 16, 2011
Permalink  
 

Can't wait!!

__________________

Will's Roof & Exterior Cleaning
           William Brewer
             

            830-660-9849        

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard