The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Ammonyx Lo Surfactant.


Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Ammonyx Lo Surfactant.
Permalink  
 


Guys, This was from a post that I had made on the forum last week about the newer Ammonyx-Lo that I picked up to try from a local company here in Clearwater Florida. I also posted my results in the forum section as well.

It seems that the company I got it from which is a huge Chemical manufacturer here on Oldsmar Florida called Power Kleen Inc, had actually done a chemical analysis on another distributors AM- Lo and found it to actually be 70% water. The results from the newer AM-LO were very surprising...I will definitely be buying more. Here was the original post.


Call these people.  http://www.knt-ent.com/contact.asp

I just got back from there. Had to pick up some supplies and it was my first time there. Really nice people. They have the apple fragrance and also Ammonyx Lo and anything else you need. Their AM Lo is also 75% concentrated, has a window cleaning agent in it as well as a water softener ingredient. I'm trying theirs out on Thursday. Ask for Karen or Tim and tell them I sent you. smile



OK, I finally had a chance to use the Ammonyx that I got from KNT here in Clearwater FL.

Last Thursday we Cleaned a Tile Roof and Driveway in Shore Acres it, then a Concrete Driveway in Palm Harbor. 

Today We Cleaned a white Tile Roof in Island Estates down near Clearwater Beach. On this one we also had to Clean the Exterior, a Paver Driveway and Pool Deck and Enclosure. After that is was off to Dunedin for a House Cleaning/Paint Prep.

Please keep in mind, I tell it like it is. If a product is not worth purchasing I will tell you.

The results were incredible... I have only used less than half a gallon on all the jobs I just listed. This Am- Lo surfactant seems to be way more concentrated than the previous surfactant I was using. Both of the Roofs we Cleaned seemed to actually Clean up quicker and we used approx a third less in Roof mix. The House Washings we did, using a down stream method seemed to eat up the mold on the exterior walls of the houses and on the Pool Enclosure without having to apply a second coat. I also noticed that the windows (at least from the outside) left absolutely no film on the windows. 

In short. I will definitely be buying a lot more of this Ammonyx verses using other surfactants.  


__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Forum Administrator Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2720
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

What is the price like compared to the am-lo everybody has been using?

__________________

 

Roof Cleaning Louisville Kentucky | Qwik Roof Cleaners
Louisville Kentucky 

 Click here to visit our website

Roof Stain Removal Louisville Ky

CONCRETE CLEANING / FENCE / DECK RESTORATION

HOT WATER STEAM CLEANING

502-773-1730



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

garyw wrote:

What is the price like compared to the am-lo everybody has been using?




I bought 2 gallons to try and I paid $19.00 per gallon and so far I've done a little under $1400.00 worth of jobs using less than a half gallon. I'm liking it... nod.gif  Trust me...I'll be buying a lot more from them. It's well worth it.

 


 



__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7898
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

Ammonyx LO only comes at 30 percent Lauramine Oxide from the manufacturer.

AMMONYX® LO

Actives, % 30
Viscosity 18 cps @ 25ºC (77ºF)
Chemical Description LAURAMINE OXIDE
Product Application Used in shampoos, bubble baths, handsoaps and conditioners for their conditioning, foam boosting and stabilizing properties.
Form at 25C° Liquid

Biodegradability for AMMONYX® LO
Kosher Certificate for AMMONYX® LO
Mammalian Toxicity for AMMONYX® LO
MSDS for AMMONYX® LO
Product Bulletin for AMMONYX® LO


Now, it is possible they have 70 percent Lauramine Oxide ?

__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 645
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

garyw wrote:

What is the price like compared to the am-lo everybody has been using?



I think its 80 for a 5 gal. of Amlo, 110 for the AMMo

 



__________________


Bucks County PA Roof Cleaning

267-477-1107
Free Your Pennsylvania Roof From Fungus
Serving all of Bucks and Montgomery Counties and surrounding areas of Philadelphia
Chalfont, PA 18914




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa FL (813) 655-8777 wrote:

Ammonyx LO only comes at 30 percent Lauramine Oxide from the manufacturer.

AMMONYX® LO

Actives, % 30
Viscosity 18 cps @ 25ºC (77ºF)
Chemical Description LAURAMINE OXIDE
Product Application Used in shampoos, bubble baths, handsoaps and conditioners for their conditioning, foam boosting and stabilizing properties.
Form at 25C° Liquid

Biodegradability for AMMONYX® LO
Kosher Certificate for AMMONYX® LO
Mammalian Toxicity for AMMONYX® LO
MSDS for AMMONYX® LO
Product Bulletin for AMMONYX® LO


Now, it is possible they have 70 percent Lauramine Oxide ?



That is possible. I'll check the label it in the morning. I'll also be stopping by there sometime this week. I'll see if I can get the MSDS sheet on it. Right now I'm just going by what they told me and Lord knows I ain't no scientist. Hahaha!

 



__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 645
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

Hey Lar do they have Ammo too?
I don't know if you have used it yet but it's a joke. It is so thick that it sticks in my tank and every once in a while I don't have to add anything and it is just like I put a quart of it in there.
It actually can be a pain at sometimes, but for this kind of weather you can't beat it. I still use the Amlo all of the time I like having options.

__________________


Bucks County PA Roof Cleaning

267-477-1107
Free Your Pennsylvania Roof From Fungus
Serving all of Bucks and Montgomery Counties and surrounding areas of Philadelphia
Chalfont, PA 18914




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 1, 2010
Permalink  
 

BCRoofClean wrote:

Hey Lar do they have Ammo too?
I don't know if you have used it yet but it's a joke. It is so thick that it sticks in my tank and every once in a while I don't have to add anything and it is just like I put a quart of it in there.
It actually can be a pain at sometimes, but for this kind of weather you can't beat it. I still use the Amlo all of the time I like having options.




I actually have tried it and didn't really care for it too much. It just didn't seem to do any better on the tile roofs we do. Maybe it works better on shingle but I never tried it on the very few shingle roofs we clean.

 



__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 645
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Palm Harbor FL 727 543 3276 wrote:

 

BCRoofClean wrote:

Hey Lar do they have Ammo too?
I don't know if you have used it yet but it's a joke. It is so thick that it sticks in my tank and every once in a while I don't have to add anything and it is just like I put a quart of it in there.
It actually can be a pain at sometimes, but for this kind of weather you can't beat it. I still use the Amlo all of the time I like having options.




I actually have tried it and didn't really care for it too much. It just didn't seem to do any better on the tile roofs we do. Maybe it works better on shingle but I never tried it on the very few shingle roofs we clean.

 

 



Thats right, I forgot your a mainly a tile roof guy. I can see how it wouldn't work as well. I agree it can be a PITA but it does help me too.

Can you see if they have a price on that too?

 



__________________


Bucks County PA Roof Cleaning

267-477-1107
Free Your Pennsylvania Roof From Fungus
Serving all of Bucks and Montgomery Counties and surrounding areas of Philadelphia
Chalfont, PA 18914




Forum Administrator Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2720
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

As long as you're checking prices, see if they will offer a discount for RCIA "members". May be worth asking about. Let us know.
Gary

__________________

 

Roof Cleaning Louisville Kentucky | Qwik Roof Cleaners
Louisville Kentucky 

 Click here to visit our website

Roof Stain Removal Louisville Ky

CONCRETE CLEANING / FENCE / DECK RESTORATION

HOT WATER STEAM CLEANING

502-773-1730



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

I will check for you when I stop in...I'm not even sure if they carry the M. If you want to find out quicker give them a call. They are real nice people and easy to deal with.   http://www.knt-ent.com/contact.asp


__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 509
Date: Nov 2, 2010
Permalink  
 

Great find Larry.

I'll be sure to check them out.

__________________



Matthew C Perry
General Manager
Callahan Pro Wash
Professional Exterior Cleaning Services
Roof Cleaning, Pressure Washing, Paver Cleaning and Restoration
813-727-5161
callahanprowash.gmail.com



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 4, 2010
Permalink  
 

Matthew wrote:

Great find Larry.

I'll be sure to check them out.




I stopped in yesterday to get a new pulley cord for one of my machines. I asked about the "M". They said they are working on that particular one right now.

They also asked me "what the heck did you do?" Apparently they have gotten a lot of calls from guys here on RCIA ordering the Apple Scent and also the Ammonyx Lo.
I actually got a call from the owner of Power Kleen Inc, yesterday and he wants to have a meeting with me about what the needs are as far as equipment here on RCIA. We will also be discussing the possibility of them becoming a paid vendor, something they are already excited about.

That meeting will more than likely take place today or tomorrow. They are also in the process of putting together an on line web site to place orders which is costing them upwards of $35K with server upgrades. Something they never had before. Good stuff in the works guys. Stuff that will benefit not just all the members here on RCIA but for the entire industry. I will keep y'all posted.

 



__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Forum Administrator Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 2720
Date: Nov 4, 2010
Permalink  
 

Great news Larry. We really do need to increase our vendor list and they sound like a great addition. Keep us posted.
Gary

__________________

 

Roof Cleaning Louisville Kentucky | Qwik Roof Cleaners
Louisville Kentucky 

 Click here to visit our website

Roof Stain Removal Louisville Ky

CONCRETE CLEANING / FENCE / DECK RESTORATION

HOT WATER STEAM CLEANING

502-773-1730



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist-MODERATOR

Status: Offline
Posts: 2142
Date: Nov 4, 2010
Permalink  
 

garyw wrote:

Great news Larry. We really do need to increase our vendor list and they sound like a great addition. Keep us posted.
Gary




Thanks Gary. I also just got on my Insurace Companies preferred vendor list list. I'm gonna check  with them to see if they can provide business insurance for companies that are not in FL. If they do I think it may be a good idea to maybe have an Insurance vendor on board for the guys as well. Any thoughts??? Here is a link to thier site. They handle very type of Insurance from vehicle to WC for companies. I've been with them over 4 yrs now and Love them.

 http://www.patronsinsurance.com/service-center/partners/

http://www.patronsinsurance.com/



__________________

All Surface Roof Cleaning
Largo FL

(727) 543-3276
Roof Cleaning Video
Tile Roof Cleaning�Palm Harbor�Florida
Larry Millette
 Roof Cleaning & Pressure Washing Florida.

  Roof Cleaners Clearwater, Pressure Washers Florida  Roof Cleaners Saint, Petersburg FL 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1398
Date: Nov 5, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Palm Harbor FL 727 543 3276 wrote:

 

garyw wrote:
What is the price like compared to the am-lo everybody has been using?
I bought 2 gallons to try and I paid $19.00 per gallon and so far I've done a little under $1400.00 worth of jobs using less than a half gallon. I'm liking it... nod.gif  Trust me...I'll be buying a lot more from them. It's well worth it.

 

I bought a 55 gal drum for $556 for Lo and $629 for Mo.  If you are in it for the long haul by in quantity and save.

 



__________________

Professional Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing services company in
Houston Tx, Katy Tx, Fulshear Tx,
Richmond Tx, Sugar Land Tx,
Roof Cleaning Power Washing Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif
Katy, Texas
www.k-mpw.com
Roof Cleaning Pictures Houston Tx
Facebook



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 599
Date: Nov 5, 2010
Permalink  
 

I bought a drum of Barlox here for 675. Its a different name brand of A LO.

__________________

                                     



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7898
Date: Nov 6, 2010
Permalink  
 

Roof Cleaning Palm Harbor FL 727 543 3276 wrote:

 

garyw wrote:

Great news Larry. We really do need to increase our vendor list and they sound like a great addition. Keep us posted.
Gary




Thanks Gary. I also just got on my Insurace Companies preferred vendor list list. I'm gonna check  with them to see if they can provide business insurance for companies that are not in FL. If they do I think it may be a good idea to maybe have an Insurance vendor on board for the guys as well. Any thoughts??? Here is a link to thier site. They handle very type of Insurance from vehicle to WC for companies. I've been with them over 4 yrs now and Love them.

http://www.patronsinsurance.com/service-center/partners/

http://www.patronsinsurance.com/

 

138394,
Great Post Larry!

 



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 3547
Date: Nov 6, 2010
Permalink  
 

I'm very happy with the apple butter, I think its the amonix m, not L. Am I wrong? I am no chemist like Chris and Bill!

__________________

240-355-1110

From up on the Roof cleaning, Gutter cleaning, to down on the Concrete cleaning...

All pressure washing services in between!

Serving  PG, Charles, St Marys and Calvert county Maryland

Cleaning service 




Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1398
Date: Nov 6, 2010
Permalink  
 

gutterdog wrote:
I'm very happy with the apple butter, I think its the amonix m, not L. Am I wrong? I am no chemist like Chris and Bill!

You got it right Michael for a rocket scientist not a chemist.  Like you I like the Mo better for roofs.

 



__________________

Professional Roof Cleaning, Power Washing,
& Pressure Washing services company in
Houston Tx, Katy Tx, Fulshear Tx,
Richmond Tx, Sugar Land Tx,
Roof Cleaning Power Washing Pressure Washing
Marcus Raif
Katy, Texas
www.k-mpw.com
Roof Cleaning Pictures Houston Tx
Facebook

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard