The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Masking The Smell Of Roof Cleaning Chemicals


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Masking The Smell Of Roof Cleaning Chemicals
Permalink  
 


Here iswhat looks to be aneasy way to mask the smell of roof cleaning chemicals http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4113645.html
Pine Oil is cheap, but forms an oil slick in the tank.
Quat is used to KEEP the fragrance oil dispersed in the tank!
PLUS, Quat has additional treatment propertys!
So, it LOOKS like all we have to do is get us some Quat, mix in the fragrance oil of our liking, dump it in the tank, and we have prefumed chemicals!!!
Do you FEEL me ??
I just mentioned Pine Oil, cause it is cheap, but there are several bleach stable oils that may be used.

It is my opinion that every serious roof cleaner should LOOK real good at this information ?
By using Quat in your mix, you are providing an additionaltreatment chemical during the cleaning, and having your mix smell good will distance you from your competitors !


__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Premium Member Roof Cleaning Institute of America Certified Roof Cleaning Specialist

Status: Offline
Posts: 1998
Date:
Permalink  
 

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the tip on quat I will try it. I did buy simple cherry to give it a try but if you think its not that good I wont bother. Can you tell me where to get the quat? How muchh should I put in a 40 gal tank?
Thank's Pat

__________________

Charlies Roof Cleaning

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQDTM0TQ_PI 

                SERVING BOTH NASSAU AND SUFFOLK COUNTY

               FREE ESTIMATES / SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

                       516-763-4108   /   631-433-6449





 



guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 745
Date:
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa 813-655-8777 wrote:

Here iswhat looks to be aneasy way to mask the smell of roof cleaning chemicals http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4113645.html
Pine Oil is cheap, but forms an oil slick in the tank.
Quat is used to KEEP the fragrance oil dispersed in the tank!
PLUS, Quat has additional treatment propertys!
So, it LOOKS like all we have to do is get us some Quat, mix in the fragrance oil of our liking, dump it in the tank, and we have prefumed chemicals!!!
Do you FEEL me ??
I just mentioned Pine Oil, cause it is cheap, but there are several bleach stable oils that may be used.

It is my opinion that every serious roof cleaner should LOOK real good at this information ?
By using Quat in your mix, you are providing an additionaltreatment chemical during the cleaning, and having your mix smell good will distance you from your competitors !



Chris,

Great Topic, LINK and Post!

Thanks for finding it.

It can only help us to have all the tools we can have in our toolchest.

Once and a while this issue of offensive scent comes up, it's nice to know other options to consider.




__________________
Roof-Cleaning-GA Blog
Roof-Cleaning-Georgia Blog


Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 443
Date:
Permalink  
 

Chris, I am assuming you will sticky this thread, so i am replying to the other one here.

Nilium works absolute wonders for masking the smell completely. However, I have noticed that after about 30-45 minutes, it seems to degrade the SH, causing it to lose its effectiveness. Since most of us can spray a roof in that amount of time, it probably won't be a concern. But, for house washes, I have to fill a 5'er half way full so that I don't lose the potency of the SH before i get to the next house. Hope this helps.

__________________


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

precisionpower wrote:

Chris, I am assuming you will sticky this thread, so i am replying to the other one here.

Nilium works absolute wonders for masking the smell completely. However, I have noticed that after about 30-45 minutes, it seems to degrade the SH, causing it to lose its effectiveness. Since most of us can spray a roof in that amount of time, it probably won't be a concern. But, for house washes, I have to fill a 5'er half way full so that I don't lose the potency of the SH before i get to the next house. Hope this helps.




See THAT is a problem for us guys who do have 300 to 600 gallon tanks.
We go sometimes a week on our tanks before refilling.
We can Ill afford weak roof cleaning chemical.
That is why the Patent I posted looks so good.
It will be nice to dump a fragrance in the tank, and not worry about degradation ?
Same with the surfactant.
We all NEED to move beyond questionable chemicals and surfactants to those chemicals designed for what we ar e doing.
Nillium and Dawn ar e quick and dirty ways to accomplish what we want.
But as Certified Roof Cleaners it would be nice to find the BEST stuff to use ?
A GOOD surfactant can add tremendous cleaning power to any cleaning mix.
Not to mention CLING ?
By increasing the dwell time through cling, we reduce the amount of chlorine we need!
The less chlorine we use, the safer the plants are, and we make more money, and have happier customers.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 1342
Date:
Permalink  
 

Cling, and the ability to keep the mix wet for a longer period of time are two major factors in whatever we use as a surfactant.

Jeff

__________________

Raystown Roof Cleaning
Central, Pa

(814) 644-1396 or 1-800-236-0322

Roof Cleaning Central Pennsylvania

Huntingdon, State College, Lewistown, Altoona









RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date:
Permalink  
 

Raystown Roof Cleaning Central PA wrote:

Cling, and the ability to keep the mix wet for a longer period of time are two major factors in whatever we use as a surfactant.

Jeff




Jeff, if you or anyone else get around to it, call the Chlorine compatablesurfactant company in Florida, request a free sample, and try it ?



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:
Permalink  
 

Dishman USA
550 Union Ave. Suite 9
Middlesex, NJ 08846
Tel: (732) 560-4300 Fax: (732) 560-4343

These guys also have some other warehouses throughout the country. The carry several different kinds of QUAT. Please keep me in the loop on this.

__________________

pimp-agent-125243965725220.gif
No pressure roof cleaning
&
House washing services

Serving Central & North Alabama
800.580.2185



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Date:
Permalink  
 

http://www.genscript.com/Chemical-Quaternary-Ammonium-Salts.htmlhtml

this has prices connected -

-- Edited by shane88 at 15:02, 2009-03-03

__________________

pimp-agent-125243965725220.gif
No pressure roof cleaning
&
House washing services

Serving Central & North Alabama
800.580.2185

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard