The Roof Cleaning Institute Of America Training & Certification Forum
"Find A Certified Roof Cleaner Directory"

Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Roof Cleaning Brandon FL - Missed Spots On Brandon FL Roof


RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Dec 12, 2008
Roof Cleaning Brandon FL - Missed Spots On Brandon FL Roof
Permalink  
 


Here are some roof cleaning in Brandon FL pictures.
The chemical did not take, and we had to go back for a touch up.
The customer is happy.
We work in the weaker ranges of the roof cleaning chemical.
This means a touch up, every now and then.
Beats replacing plants IMHO ?


-- Edited by Apple Roof Cleaning at 13:25, 2008-12-23

Attachments
__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Date: Dec 13, 2008
Permalink  
 

I been doing the same, learned that from you and very satisfied. Thanks Chris.

__________________

South Jersey ProWash LLC.

www.SouthJerseyProWash.com

www.GotRoofStains.com

(856) 768-0493

 

 



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Dec 13, 2008
Permalink  
 

You are very welcome Bryan!
Strong roof cleaning chemical solutions do "clean the first time".
Many use them, and simply blow and go.
We like to work in the weaker range of the roof cleaning chemical.
Far less plant androofdamage.
And YES, I said Roof Damage.
We had a localroof cleaning company in Brandon, FL known for using really strong chemical roof cleaning solutions.
He mixed his chemical at 70 percent, and water at 30 percent.
It takes a few years to see the effects of a strong roof cleaning chemical on a shingle roof.
I have watched roofs he cleaned starting tolose their granules after a few years.
Not to mention the burnt up yards.
Better to make it a bit on the weak side, and let dwell longer.
And every now and then, suffer a missed spot we think ?


__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date: Jan 30, 2009
Permalink  
 

How strong do you mix your chemical Chris?
I know the chemical you get in FL is much more fresh then I get in Ohio Im just curious what percent of SH you use?

-- Edited by mmcgue at 17:45, 2009-02-02

__________________

Roof Cleaning Columbus Ohio 614 593 0328
Ohio Roof Cleaning  877 760 8027



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Jan 30, 2009
Permalink  
 

mmcgue wrote:

How strong do you mix your chemical Chris? I know the chemical you get in FL is much more fresh then I get in Ohio Im just curious what percent of SH you use?



We usethe roof cleaning chemicalabout 30 to 40 perccent SHC, depending on outside temperature, and freshness of chemical.
We have switched to Apple Cider



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date: Jan 30, 2009
Permalink  
 

Do you mix for the whole day in the morning or at each job because of it "burns" the SHC faster? Or do you have 2 tanks so you keep the SHC seperate.?
Do you still use TSP or strictly "cider"?

__________________

Roof Cleaning Columbus Ohio 614 593 0328
Ohio Roof Cleaning  877 760 8027



RCIA Founder

Status: Offline
Posts: 7904
Date: Jan 30, 2009
Permalink  
 

mmcgue wrote:

Do you mix for the whole day in the morning or at each job because of it "burns" the SHC faster? Or do you have 2 tanks so you keep the SHC seperate.? Do you still use TSP or strictly "cider"?



We clean so many roofs in Brandon that our roof cleaning chemical never has a chance to "go bad".
We have two tanks on all ofour roof cleaning trucks, one for tile roofs, and one for shingle roofs.
We encouter both roof types in the Brandon, FL area, so we must be prepared.
We use TSP mainly on Tile Roofs, or exceptionally dirty shingle roofs.
TSP can be mixed into the Apple Cider on the job if extraroofcleaning power is needed.
Each roof we clean in Brandon is evaluated, and chemical strength varied accordingly.



__________________


Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa Florida

711 Westbrook

Brandon, FL 33511

813 655 8777

See our website here 

Click here for more information

Here are more of our services

Watch a short video

 




 



Guest

Status: Offline
Posts: 104
Date: Jan 30, 2009
Permalink  
 

Apple Roof Cleaning Tampa wrote:

mmcgue wrote:

Do you mix for the whole day in the morning or at each job because of it "burns" the SHC faster? Or do you have 2 tanks so you keep the SHC seperate.? Do you still use TSP or strictly "cider"?



We clean so many roofs in Brandon that our roof cleaning chemical never has a chance to "go bad".
We have two tanks on all ofour roof cleaning trucks, one for tile roofs, and one for shingle roofs.
We encouter both roof types in the Brandon, FL area, so we must be prepared.
We use TSP mainly on Tile Roofs, or exceptionally dirty shingle roofs.
TSP can be mixed into the Apple Cider on the job if extraroofcleaning power is needed.
Each roof we clean in Brandon is evaluated, and chemical strength varied accordingly.




I understand. I havnt tried the cider but I remember someone saying they mixed in the afternoon and it was no good by morning. So I have been leary of mixing in the morning and needing to add new by the end of the day. Why the switch?



__________________

Roof Cleaning Columbus Ohio 614 593 0328
Ohio Roof Cleaning  877 760 8027

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us


Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse
Powered by ActiveBoard